Aboriginals can get free gas

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
You heard it here first Beeb fans.

“I’m actually part Indian,” he tells the magazine. “I think Inuit or something. I’m enough percent that in Canada I can get free gas.”

Justin Bieber

Well, let's see about that now...

Justin Bieber can hit the high notes and make a gaggle of screaming girls swoon, but the Canadian-born singer seems to know very little about First Nations heritage.

After the 18-year-old pop star told Rolling Stone magazine that Aboriginal peoples — from whom he claims he is descended — get free gas in Canada, a national group has highlighted his misconception and offered to help him trace his ancestry.

“Mr. Bieber’s comment that Aboriginal people are entitled to free gas is simply not true,” said Betty Ann Lavallée, national chief of the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples, in a statement.

“These kinds of remarks are another example of what Aboriginal peoples in Canada struggle with every day. It promotes the misconception that we are somehow getting a free ride. This simply is not the case and we are concerned that many people may believe what he said.”

more Beeberisms:

Justin Bieber gets a lesson in native history after singer's 'free gas' remarks | News | National Post

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Umm, some mook quoted an 18 talentless pop star on something like this? Yay, way to go media, you are living up to the standards you have set for yourself. Only one notch above politicians are they. LOL.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Like I have been saying the media is now more about entertainment than news and
information The only positive thing about this is that it gives dumpthemonarchy a new
venue to twist the truth a bit or at least give it a tug.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Like I have been saying the media is now more about entertainment than news and
information

Info-tainment. Light on the info, heavy on the tainment. ;)

The only positive thing about this is that it gives dumpthemonarchy a new
venue to twist the truth a bit or at least give it a tug.
Oh great, so now he's going to be clogging up the Arts & Entertainment Forum with anti-Native rants too.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
wow :roll:

Who pays UFA for the gas they pump into your tank?

Who cares? it's in my contract,guess you dont know much about the patch Ger,if im going to be called to drive 700 klks to a lease site then I am going to be damn sure I have fuel with me as there arent many fuel stations open after 10:00 at night.
I look after myself and I would sooner take govt. rate for my truck and forego the free fuel,more cha ching in my pockets. Sometimes you have to look after yourself.
I would say the cost is passed on down to you at the pumps though. :)

At the cold lake wepoens range in 2006 the truck rate was $100.00 a day for the first 100 kliks and a dollar for every klik after that and I paid my own fuel,way better deal.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Then it isn't "free gas", it's a taxable benefit. Or are you not declaring it and evading the taxes, Randy.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Then it isn't "free gas", it's a taxable benefit. Or are you not declaring it and evading the taxes, Randy.
I pay the taxes,the sask govt guy already came and took all us bertans plates and vin numbers.
No biggy,nothing illegal there.
The diesel is clear and tax free,I have to fuel up machinery and whoever on the jobsite to so it's all recorded.I really dont give a ****,I'll just invoice the company for any tax charges the SK govt levies on me for my truck.I stay in it sometimes so maybe i'll start charging myself a nightly rate,as my truck is property of my corporation,that may make it all tax free.
Hmmmm,the wheels are turning now.
:)

My trucks considered a service truck,I get paid to haul a full tank of fuel,if I don't fill up every night that's a firing offence.

Same as most anyone on the pipeline,those trucks you see with slip tanks are not farm vehicles.

Every excavator,dozer,grader or ditcher operator or any contractor is required to have a slip tank and a fuel card from the company,hope that clears things up for ya Ger!

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
and any fuel you dump into YOUR truck is considered a taxable benefit by the feds. This means you are required to declare the value of that fuel as income. If you're not, then you are evading.

Also, if that truck is owned by a "corporation" that you "work" for and you use it for personal use as well as work then you are required to claim on your personal tax forms that use as a taxable benefit.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Putting tax free clear diesel (read taxed) in site equipment that usually get dyed diesel (read tax exemptions)?

Interesting.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
and any fuel you dump into YOUR truck is considered a taxable benefit by the feds. This means you are required to declare the value of that fuel as income. If you're not, then you are evading.

Also, if that truck is owned by a "corporation" that you "work" for and you use it for personal use as well as work then you are required to claim on your personal tax forms that use as a taxable benefit.

That's right, that's why I pay an accountant $700.00 every year to do the taxes.
So what is your point anyways or do you even have one aside from trying to make it look like I was somehow breaking the law?

Putting tax free clear diesel (read taxed) in site equipment that usually get dyed diesel (read tax exemptions)?

Interesting.
Ya,it's sask and its burned in Sask,all legit,they been there 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That's right, that's why I pay an accountant $700.00 every year to do the taxes.
So what is your point anyways or do you even have one aside from trying to make it look like I was somehow breaking the law?

Then it's NOT "free" gas and it's not "tax free".

Just pointing out your bullshyte claims.