Huge Greenland Glacier Ice Sheet Breaks Off… Another One

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I’m sure this is not what global warming naysayers want to hear, but an iceberg about twice the size of Manhattan has just broken off of a Greenland glacier, Petermann Glacier.

This was actually predicted by scientists last Fall, but as you should well know by now, scientists are just money-hungry, greedy, lying rascals who will say anything to get attention, so they can’t be trusted…. Well, that’s what some people think, at least.

What’s the basic result of this new development? As Nathan noted earlier today, this moves the front end of Petermann Glacier ”farther inland than it has been in 150 years.” It also moves us one step closer to an ice-free Arctic

Anyone well aware of this topic will know that these things happen, naturally, but that humans are accelerating the rate of such occurrences and such changes. One of the to concerns of human-caused global warming is the actual rate of warming. This is one of the things that makes it and the resulting climate changes so destructive and concerning.

Another major concern is that these types of events create feedback loops that could eventually make global warming unstoppable. And could lead to temperatures that humans simply cannot go outside in. In other words, cannot live in.

But anyway, time to get back to checking Facebook for fun cat and dog photos, right?

Well, I hope not. This, in my opinion, is just another knock on the door, another call to wake up and get to work, to provide a future for one’s kids and grandkids that does not equal suffering through hell on earth, extreme natural disasters, and famine.

Back to the glacier…. So, I actually wrote about Petermann Glacier two years ago, the last time a massive iceberg (or ice island) came cracking off. That ice island was actually four times the size of Manhattan. (Why we always compare them to Manhattan, I don’t know.) So, it was about twice the size of the one that broke of this week.

Of course, to global warming deniers, that means that global warming has stopped, which would make no sense to a logical person. That would be like saying global warming has stopped when Winter comes around… as many a denier actually goes out and trumpets, showing as many people as they can just how “smart” they are. Unfortunately, the general populous shifts a bit on its understanding that global warming is happening (or misunderstanding that it isn’t) with the seasons… let’s hope that doesn’t happen to you as the northern hemisphere Summer fades and Fall and Winter roll in. Or as the Petermann Glacier and Greenland gain a bit of ice and snow again.

The Petermann glacier probably won’t last. It’s days are likely numbered. But let’s hope that the human species doesn’t follow it closely off the edge of existence.

Planetsave (Huge Greenland Glacier Ice Sheet Breaks Off… Another One | Planetsave)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Glaciers calf all the time. Nothing new there. The rest is just an OPED from what is hardly an unbiased source.

Do you not believe in Global Warming / Climate Change??

The Antarctica was a tropical paradise once before.. the earth goes through phases, and this could very well be one of them, helped along by a man made environment.

When Antarctica was a tropical paradise | World news | The Observer

Even Alberta was once tropical a billion years ago.. but nobody knows how quickly the earth changes. Hell, nobody saw a tsunami the likes of Japan and Sumatra Indonesia.

We are getting a front row seat to many firsts.

Yup, we are just all along for the ride though space, with no chance of getting off any time soon.