Rider angered by knapsack on TTC subway seat

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Mr. 'folded arms' needs an elbow to the head.

A recovered stroke patient with a badly-damaged leg says he finally got to sit on a crowded Yonge St. subway train Monday two coaches from a TTC employee whose knapsack took up the next seat.

James van Zandwijk, 35, limped two coaches away before being able to take a load off his feet Monday — with one leg that has undergone 22 surgeries since a motorcycle crash 19 years ago.

There are no rules for anyone cluttering seats with bags, knapsacks or suitcases, but the unidentified employee set the latest bad example by lacking courtesy a Toronto Transit spokesman said is requested of staff.

“I see it a lot,” Zandwijk, 35, said of passengers who treat carry-ons like a paying, seated customer, admitting “sometimes I’ll sit on someone’s bag.”

The fact the seated bag-man had a TTC logo on his shirt upset him.

more and video:

Rider angered by knapsack on TTC subway seat | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I would have started by asking the guy to move the bag.

It's kinda funny for someone to not say anything to the person at the time, but then to go to the newspaper afterward.

He'd make a good wife: "If you really loved me, you'd know what I wanted without me having to ask for it"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Not to mention the sport of taking pics of napping, texting, and otherwhile goofing off TTC employees.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Not to mention the sport of taking pics of napping, texting, and otherwhile goofing off TTC employees.

A year or 2 back, a picture was forwarded to the local newspaper of a Calgary Transit driver that was reading a paper-back while behind the wheel.

It might have been ironically hilarious if it was the Transit Authority's handbook on safety but it looked more like buddy was bored and needed something to help pass the time