Drumming Mountie says impromptu jam with campers just another day at work

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
PINCHER CREEK, Alta. - An RCMP officer was driving down a forest access road in rural Alberta when he spotted something unusual among the trees — a drum set.
"That's not something you see every day," Const. Doug Sokoloski said in an interview Friday.
On the web

Watch the rockin' Mountie on YouTube.

The Mountie got out of his patrol car and asked who owned the drums. A group of friends at Dutch Creek campground last Saturday apprehensively fessed up. They thought they'd done something wrong.
But Sokoloski surprised them.
"I said, 'Do you mind if I play?' and the guy said, 'Sure,' so I just hopped on and drummed out a couple of beats there. And then it just evolved that the guitar player came over and we had a little four or five minute jam session."
It might sound unusual to see a Mountie playing drums in the woods, but it wasn't strange for Sokoloski.
The 17-year veteran of the force says he is a guitarist who used to rock bars in Saskatchewan in the '80s with a band called "Shy Boy." Occasionally, he picked up the drum sticks.
"Music was part of my life back then and we evolved from being a basement-garage style band into a pretty decent, class A bar band in Western Canada," he recalled.
"It was good fun for six or seven years."
Sokoloski says the jam session in the woods was just another day at work.

Drumming Mountie says impromptu jam with campers just another day at work - Winnipeg Free Press

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O.........."Sokoloski says the jam session in the woods was just another day at work.""

Yah, but was it as much fun as tasering to death Polish immigrants??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
8O.........."Sokoloski says the jam session in the woods was just another day at work.""

Yah, but was it as much fun as tasering to death Polish immigrants??
I'd wager my left nut a guy with a name of "Sokoloski" with SK roots would have known better and offered the guy kielbassa and a shot of wodka to calm him down.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It's really nice to read an article about something good that a police officer has done. Thanks for posting the article.:)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I'd wager my left nut a guy with a name of "Sokoloski" with SK roots would have known better and offered the guy kielbassa and a shot of wodka to calm him down.

Yep, agree wit ya. Didn't catch the name till later on. The fella in Van airport probably would still be alive if Sokoloski had been stationed there.

Keep yer left nut; yer right..........or left;-).........whatever.

Still one has to sort of admit that the tasering to death of anyone, high regard for the ArseyMP does not make.

Sokoloski tasered Polish immigrants, did he?

thirty thousand at last report..............**** off

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Seargent Sam Steele would have made them chop a couple cords of wood in clarification of the line between a duty well done versus enjoying the fruits of a peace well kept while on duty.

A modern way might be to make them go around picking up after-party trash.

By the way, in case you didn't know, Seargent Sam Steele is half the reason why Canada is here as a nation, and the fat ****s in Ontario hated him for being too right on because families like the Eatons were giving birth and were not sure and were not sure that even if the did educate the little brats that they'd have Kingston University leadership training capacity.

In the mean time Seargent Sam Steele kept things going, setting up Fort Macloud to fix Canada's claim to the 49th parallel, then to the Yukon to control gold-seakers coming in to get gold at Dawson thus fixing the Yukon territory, and then...

http://tunes.digitalock.com/huroncharol.mp3

And then the bratfink junior born-into-the-situation-but-didn't-have-goodfrench-quality-teachers got afraid.

Seargent Sam Steele... half the reason there is a Canada, got squeezed out by scardy-cat retarded little-bratfink Torontonians born over their heads.

S. Sam Steele went to fight in South Africa, against people not really enemies... another example of a good follower responding to the orders of dumb kids born from powerfull leaders before everyone got educated like Canadians and sorted each other out according to their ability to learn...

S. Sam Steele is one of the heros of modern north American civilization (I am so gratefull to have learned that who wants to suck my dick for having learned that). (the stuff in brackets gets ignored editorially).

Anyway... Satan keeps depressing the mind every time you have a good thought, so the J.dubs might have a point.

Let's check out Jehova Witnessism... it is said by them that Satan took over the planet around 1914.

I do things which in the old days would have delivered a normal resonse,

Today I do the same thing and frikkin' Lucifer screams out of nowhere such that I have to ask ...

... what if the J dubs got a point of truth?

http://tunes.digitalock.com/gimmesympathy.mp3

Last edited: