Local adequate help not available

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
C.B.C. radio just interviewed a local farmer a couple of minutes ago. While there is an 8% unemployment rate in the Okanagan, it is necessary to import workers in order to get crops harvested on time for market!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone see a problem here? :smile:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Because some people don't want to work, and with our system, they don't have to.

It's too far away/it's too hard/it's not my field/it's too dirty/etc etc etc.

Same in NB - Ganongs has to bring in people from Romania, because the local 10% unemployed don't actually want to work.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Because some people don't want to work, and with our system, they don't have to.

It's too far away/it's too hard/it's not my field/it's too dirty/etc etc etc.

Same in NB - Ganongs has to bring in people from Romania, because the local 10% unemployed don't actually want to work.

Hmmmmmmmmmm- coincidence!! Very strange but I was thinking the same thing, but sure wouldn't accuse anyone of it. :smile: Perhaps we need a new law............"IF you can't pick produce you can't pick up a cheque from the Welfare Office"!

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I saw quite a few hippy chicks hitchiking to the okanagon while driving through medicine hat a few days ago.That's what it said on their signs so not sure if they were going to pick fruit or just party.

allways on the way to work,never on the way home!!!!!!