Inmate admits disembowelling and murdering child rapist

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A prisoner has admitted disembowelling and murdering a child rapist during a brutal attack at a top-security jail.

Mitchell Harrison, 23, was serving an indefinite sentence at Frankland Prison, Durham, for raping a 13-year-old girl when he was brutally killed last October.

He was attacked with makeshift weapons, thought to be razor blades melted into toothbrush handles.

His bloodied body was found in his cell by warders.

Speaking shortly after his murder, a source close to the prison said: ‘To all intents and purposes he had been disembowelled. There was blood everywhere.'

Michael Parr, 32, pleaded guilty to murder during a brief hearing at Newcastle Crown Court yesterday via videolink from prison.

Nathan Mann, 23, is also charged with Harrison’s murder but he did not appear before the court.

Harrison, from Wolverhampton, was jailed in January 2010 for raping a girl in Cumbria.

He was jailed at Carlisle Crown Court indefinitely and was put on the sex offenders’ register for life.

more

Inmate admits disembowelling and murdering child rapist in prison cell attack | Mail Online

jariax

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2006
That's a pretty big fail by the prison system. Regardless of the crimes, inmates need to be protected. They are under the care of the state.
The family should have every right to sue the prison for allowing this to happen. Perhaps then, they would start taking the security of the prisoners seriously.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O..........I won't be able to sleep tonight, thinking about the painful death, the child-raping, lower than snakesh it, murderer, had to endure.

Terribly sad. Wonder if the razor blades were sharp, maybe rusty. Chance of infection there.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
8O..........I won't be able to sleep tonight, thinking about the painful death, the child-raping, lower than snakesh it, murderer, had to endure.

Terribly sad. Wonder if the razor blades were sharp, maybe rusty. Chance of infection there.
You are worried about a dead guy getting an infection from a rusty razor? Dood!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not the pleasantest subject to enjoy with your morning coffee! :smile: (I know I didn't have to read it)