Hockey Mom gets two years in jail

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Court heard that Minogue made sexual jokes with her son's friends and she initiated at least some of the sex that happened with the three boys.
Sounds like some of the boys got what they wanted. Two years in jail sounds a bit stiff.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Stiff?

...I won't touch this next line with a ten-foot pole - Red Skelton

That was a bit of an unfortunate choice of words. She doesn't sound like a phd candidate. Since the boys
initiated the sex at least some of the time, I thought two years in jail was a bit st......harsh...:roll:

Lucky little bas-ar-s....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That was a bit of an unfortunate choice of words. She doesn't sound like a phd candidate. Since the boys
initiated the sex at least some of the time, I thought two years in jail was a bit st......harsh...:roll:

Lucky little bas-ar-s....
It's because of the beer. Laws toughen up further when supplying intoxicants to minors is involved.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Would anyone want these 14 year old boys dating their 14 old daughter?

I think the jail sentence is harsh, but if this was a man diddling 14 year old girls, it would be not be harsh enough.

At some point a young person must be old enough to consent to sex with an adult. 14 used to be that age, (unless the adult was in a position of authority, then it was up to the judge to decide from 14-18 ). Now the age is 16 (16-18 if the adult is in a position of authority)

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Yeah I bet the boys were wishing there were more mom's like that, but still, they're 14 and she should have known better. I think, anyways, what is actually the age of consent....16? I don't even know, doesn't come up in my life. :)