No problem......ban bullets in Toronto

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
When will they learn laws an banning things will never fix/end the problem,if you want to do bad things,you'll do bad things anyway.

Usually, the idea behind a ban is to turn a criminal into a criminal before they commit a more serious crime. In this case however, they might have the idea that banning bullets will decrease the total number of bullets in Toronto. But I wonder how many bullets are legally purchased by people that end up committing crimes...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Usually, the idea behind a ban is to turn a criminal into a criminal before they commit a more serious crime. In this case however, they might have the idea that banning bullets will decrease the total number of bullets in Toronto. But I wonder how many bullets are legally purchased by people that end up committing crimes...

I'm fairly certain most criminals probably don't buy their ammo from a legal source, probably comes part of the package when they illegally purchase their uzi etc.

Toronto politicians are idiots, more of the same.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
how about having metal bullets for only the police and rubber bullets for the rest of the public?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Criminals will no longer be able to strangle you with a plastic bag either. Toronto certainly has found a way to make our streets safer.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
? Please tell me you're not serious.

I thought that rubber bullets cause less damage than metal bullets. eg. if the eaton centre shooter used rubber bullets instead of metal bullets, the damage he inflicted would have been less.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I thought that rubber bullets cause less damage than metal bullets. eg. if the eaton centre shooter used rubber bullets instead of metal bullets, the damage he inflicted would have been less.

What would the point of that be? He was there to assassinate the guy, not bruise up his face with rubber bullets. 8O

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

The Eaton Centre shooter was not legally allowed to have a gun... why would he break the law to get a gun, but then follow the law while putting bullets into said gun, to go out and break the law by shooting people?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I'm fairly certain most criminals probably don't buy their ammo from a legal source, probably comes part of the package when they illegally purchase their uzi etc.

Toronto politicians are idiots, more of the same.

Yeah, and I am fairly certain the uzi is already illegal, so this just seems all around redundant. More laws are always bad when they serve no real purpose.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
What would the point of that be? He was there to assassinate the guy, not bruise up his face with rubber bullets. 8O

The Eaton Centre shooter was not legally allowed to have a gun... why would he break the law to get a gun, but then follow the law while putting bullets into said gun, to go out and break the law by shooting people?

if the shooter only had access to rubber bullets, he wouldn't have bothered committing the assassinations in the first place (I hope).

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
if the shooter only had access to rubber bullets, he wouldn't have bothered committing the assassinations in the first place (I hope).

? So the fact that he didn't have legal access to a gun didn't stop him, but, lack of legal access to bullets would? Please explain.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He had no access to a gun legally either. If he can find a gun, he could find the bullets.
Hey Ski, if you want a heater to protect the wife and kids with. Let me know. It and all the ammo you need is a phone call away.

The funny thing is, I can make a phone call, and have an illegal fully automatic weapon in the time it takes me to drive to Tdot. But it's hard as hell to get those cheap plastic 60 pounder bottles of booze nowadays.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey Ski, if you want a heater to protect the wife and kids with. Let me know. It and all the ammo you need is a phone call away.

The funny thing is, I can make a phone call, and have an illegal fully automatic weapon in the time it takes me to drive to Tdot. But it's hard as hell to get those cheap plastic 60 pounder bottles of booze nowadays.

I know. The entire concept is crazy.

I'm a middle-aged, middle-class guy with no criminal record and a 15 year career in serious security work.

I'm hardly a street punk with connections.

But I could have an illegal handgun in a couple of hours.........ammo is not a problem.

Gun Control is completely useless.