“God Bless the USA” banned by spastic principal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Via Fark:

Principal bans kindergartners from singing 'God Bless the USA' at graduation because she doesn't want other cultures to be offended, but allows a Justin Bieber song. In other news, kindergartners have graduation ceremonies

A controversial Coney Island principal has pulled the plug on patriotism.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.
Greta Hawkins, principal of PS 90, the Edna Cohen School, won’t allow kindergartners to belt out the beloved Lee Greenwood ballad, also known as “Proud to be an American,” at their moving-up ceremony.

Five classes spent months learning the patriotic song, which skyrocketed in popularity after the 9/11 attacks and the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

It was to be the rousing finale of their musical show at the June 20 commencement. The kids, dressed up for their big day, would wave tiny American flags — which, as the lyrics proclaim, “still stand for freedom.”

But Hawkins marched in on a recent rehearsal and ordered a CD playing the anthem to be shut off, staffers said.

She told the teachers to drop the song from the program.

“We don’t want to offend other cultures,” they quoted her as explaining.

The curt edict stunned both staff and parents.

more about this broad:

EXCLUSIVE: Coney Island principal refuses to let kindergarten students sing "God Bless the USA" at graduation, but Justin Bieber's "Baby" is OK - NYPOST.com

cheezy

Jun 7, 2012
toronto
see? i told you guys we were headed down the same degenerative path as canada. there's the proof right there.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
see? i told you guys we were headed down the same degenerative path as canada. there's the proof right there.

Excuse me?? Canada is not heading down any degenerative path. We have a strong, pro-business government, our economy, real estate and banks are not in the ****ter and needing endless bailouts to stay afloat, nor do we have to beg for Americans to come to Canada and buy land.

Why Canadians are scooping up Florida real estate - Moneyville.ca

We have a huge resource based economy that the USA needs and China will buy up in a flash.

Mulcair is a flash in the pan and self-destructed, every time he opens up his mouth he digs his grave deeper.

So the Conservative Government will be in power for a few more years to come.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe she is like me and thinks it is just a ****ty song in general? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the content but musically it's crap.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Maybe Irving berlin wrote it....& Frank Sinatra sang it? Anyway.....

Via Fark:

Principal bans kindergartners from singing 'God Bless the USA' at graduation because she doesn't want other cultures to be offended, but allows a Justin Bieber song. In other news, kindergartners have graduation ceremonies

A controversial Coney Island principal has pulled the plug on patriotism.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.

Immigrants to what country (where they came from is not relevant) in this case?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

So cheezy.....where (geographicly) are you in Canada or the USA?

Last edited by a moderator: