Karen Matty, Paul Hague corporate criminals?

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
[Corporate A-Hole Mode] Well gramps you don't have long to live,take this $11.000 and get out [Corporate A-Hole Mode]

society seems to have lost the respect to elders it had before,now its the all might dollar.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
[Corporate A-Hole Mode] Well gramps you don't have long to live,take this $11.000 and get out [Corporate A-Hole Mode]

society seems to have lost the respect to elders it had before,now its the all might dollar.

This isn't about seniors. It is about city governments and perhaps the provincial governments not ensuring that there are laws in place to protect homeowners that rent the ground their home sets on.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I stretched myself to buy land and make a modest home on it, mobile then an addition. First home i built by myself in 1979/80 and lived in the basement with kids for a couple years while finishing the main floor (rural). That one went south with the marriage.
I knew 25 years back that i did not want to put myself in a situation where i had a badly depreciating home on rented land.

Some people need help through no fault of their own, i am good with that.
However, way too many that are in that situation simply gave no real thought to the future. Several i knew that 20 ish years back they took the cheap route and bought a cheap mobile, put it in a park, they then had more disposable income than i did and i watched them spend it.
All of them have since had to move after the parks were sold, high cost, some mobiles too old to move and too old to qualify in a new park plus VERY few spots available. They whined and lobbied gov't for help, it sounded pitiful but i knew it was nobody's fault but theirs.