Marathons bad for your health.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Apparently five geniuses have just figured out that marathons are bad for the heart......can cause scarring. My doctor told me years ago that there is no better exercise than walking at a brisk pace for an hour or so. Running has the advantage of being able to do more in less time for people who are time restricted, but it does have several disadvantages, such as blowing out joints.

Ultra Marathons Might Be Ultra Bad For Your Heart, Study Suggests

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Kinda reminds me of a few years ago when doctors finally realized that breast milk is better for your child than formula. A giant DUH!

In the 60's I used to laugh as hundreds of Montreal joggers pounded up Mount Royal every morning hyperventilating car exhaust from rush hour commuters.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Apparently five geniuses have just figured out that marathons are bad for the heart......can cause scarring. My doctor told me years ago that there is no better exercise than walking at a brisk pace for an hour or so. Running has the advantage of being able to do more in less time for people who are time restricted, but it does have several disadvantages, such as blowing out joints.

Ultra Marathons Might Be Ultra Bad For Your Heart, Study Suggests

My Doc told me sex was- Ditched the running- and to tired to walk now.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Kinda reminds me of a few years ago when doctors finally realized that breast milk is better for your child than formula. A giant DUH!

In the 60's I used to laugh as hundreds of Montreal joggers pounded up Mount Royal every morning hyperventilating car exhaust from rush hour commuters.

Yep, man was built to do astounding feats during an adrenylin rush, but it was meant for out running tigers, not excelling in commercialized sports. I wonder what a person's blood pressure would be during a 4 minute mile run.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Judging by your self portrait avatar, I'm surprised that you can get close enough to a woman. :p

No living creatures on this world would ever run for hours,one got to de a freak to do so and risking death just for the rush.
I would rather jump off a mountain wearing a squirrel suit than run.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This just in, marathons can be hard on the feet. You heard it here first.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

8O..........You blew a joint havin sex??!!

Something I couldn't dare aspire to, even in me younger daze.

You freakin animal, Goob. :naka:

Young bull and old bull standing on the top of a hill looking down at all the cows.

Young bull says: Hey, old fella, let's run down there and do a heifer.

Old bull replies : Let's walk down and do the whole herd.

I get the 'rather jump off a mountain' part because myself, I don't run for nobody or nothing.

But the squirrel suit? Is that just for kicks?

Lol.;)

...............sounds kinky.

---------------------------------------

:blob6: Following is a true story, obviously. I'm not smart enough to make it up:

A close family relation by marriage decided to go to the gym many and several years ago. This, after several years of relative physical inactivity.

He did, and found it a great experience, having played amateur football when a young man, he felt life was turning just about the way it was supposed to.

Started jogging round the indoor track.

Jogged for a few laps, then ramped it up a notch or two. The sweat felt great. Running through the pain and all that.

Then he had a heart attack right there on the track

They got him to the hospital, and he survived, but has been on EXPENSIVE heart medication ever since, and CAN'T run any more.

Gotta love the little things. {Woody Harrelson}

Last edited: