Magnotta arrested in Germany

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Germany

Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Germany - Montreal - CBC News

Now I have a question:

If international law is the biggest joke there ever was, there would probably be no Interpol and Germany would figure that since the crime didn't occur within their borders it's not their problem (though to be fair they'd still want to get rid of him, but might not be aware of his crimies without some kind of international police organization).

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Germany

If we've got to take it back, I hope it and Bernardo get to share a cell....
The strange thing is that apparently Luka Magnotta was dating Karla Homolka (Bernardo's ex-wife).. but it was said that Luka Magnotta himself started those rumors around the Internet.

That guy has also started other strange rumors about himself online.

Everything about this guy is strange.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Luke magnotta strikes me as someone who killed for fame. Simply so that the world would remember him.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Re: Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Germany

Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Germany - Montreal - CBC News

Now I have a question:

If international law is the biggest joke there ever was, there would probably be no Interpol and Germany would figure that since the crime didn't occur within their borders it's not their problem (though to be fair they'd still want to get rid of him, but might not be aware of his crimies without some kind of international police organization).

Much international law, especially that centered around the UN IS a joke. That does not preclude individual countries from showing some moral back bone and doing what is right, especially with neighbours a) that have an established judicial system to ensure a criminal is tried according to the laws of the land in which he/she/it/they transgressed and b) countries that do respect basic human rights.

Now what is the question you never issued?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with this is good news. Too bad they couldn't open the back door of the plane
that is bringing this creep home, and flush him out over the ocean. He would poison
too many fish though.
This one is tough, although I am not a fan of the death penalty, I think cases like this
require a different solution. This guy and the other moron who did the shooting in Toronto
deserve to be executed. This is not as a solution but as a preventative measure.
We know they will be given some chance for parole at some point and that means there is
a faint hope they will be on the street again some day. To ensure this does not happen
there needs to be some assurance and a piece of rope ensures they will remain in the
valley of no return.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Like Andem said: Strange....

What good is fame if you can't capitalize on it? Hit of the psyco range is very limiting.

They capitalize on it, all they want is the attention anyway. Which they get, pretty much forever l because society has some freakish obsession with his kind. We still talk about Jack the Ripper for goodness sakes and that was over a hundred years ago.

I'm just glad they apprehended him. That's a scary guy to think of being out there.

GroundWater

Electoral Member
Oct 27, 2008
Gibbons
Yep, him and Bernardo will probably share the same row, they will put him PC with the rest of the wack jobs, no d#$% for you. If were lucky he will go down like Dahmer.

Sick basterd.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
More insight on this attention hore and mental case...seems he floated a pilot thread on psychforums (using one of his many sock puppet aliases) almost 10 days before actually carrying out his plan (the video and such):

The 1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick Video

by anonymousgirl4 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:05 am
Firstly , dont worry I am NOT posting graphic details or links to the video, I am just curious as to what would possess somebody to do this type of crime? There is a video of a guy around aged 20 from San Fransisco, he apparently made real snuff films that depict cannabilisim and necrophilia along with the murder. I am doing research on this and I would VERY much appreciate any and all the advice and help you could give me. Is he a psychopath or Anti Social or what? I know we dont have a lot of details but based on the crime its self. Thanks in advance.

The 1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick Video : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Something is freaky with the story about that thing,everyone say its evil what he did,but apparently many go online to look for the videos that thing posted,what is the fascination surrounding psycho killers?
Do they think its cool or what?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Something is freaky with the story about that thing,everyone say its evil what he did,but apparently many go online to look for the videos that thing posted,what is the fascination surrounding psycho killers?

I think a lot of people have a morbid fascination with the fascinatingly morbid. No different than rubber necking as they pass by an accident on a highway.

And there is a certain number of people, probably increasingly more now a days, that seem to have a real disconnect between the reality of a horrible tragedy and what they see on their computer/cell phone/television screen. Now to me, that's scary.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I watched one beheading video once, right up to when the knife made the first cut. I watched the first 3mins of 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick.

I'm not sure why. Perhaps to see if it's real. Like how some people check to see if they're sane by bighting themselves, until they let go, or break the skin.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I watched one beheading video once, right up to when the knife made the first cut. I watched the first 3mins of 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick.

I'm not sure why. Perhaps to see if it's real. Like how some people check to see if they're sane by bighting themselves, until they let go, or break the skin.

I think that's probably it for a lot of people. Even if you're told it's real going in, when you're watching it you almost go into a kind of a fugue state, completely disassociated but then you're brain will all of a sudden just 'come on' and scream at you that it's real.

I don't watch because I'm squeamish. I can't even really watch the fake Hollywood stuff without closing my eyes, lol.