you lucky Albertans.........2000 more intelligent folks

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
to swell your ranks:

2,000 jobs cut as GM to close Oshawa plant - Business - CBC News

Please treat them well. They're not used to raw meat, and can all read and write.

They probably won't like tailing pond water.

Former union folks though. Many here won't like that.

no no no

It's also rumoured that GM has no intention of repaying all of the money given them during the bail outs, but does plan to continue paying the execs lots of performance bonuses.

Goddam, ain't the free market great!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's also rumoured that GM has no intention of repaying all of the money given them during the bail outs, but does plan to continue paying the execs lots of performance bonuses.

Goddam, ain't the free market great!!!
We own 20% of GM. You me and every other damn Canadian.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What skills will they be bring to Alberta?

A QA cert in welding is a long way from a Red Seal.

I guess all the mobile rigs could use specialized folk to change broken head/turn/brake lights. But most servicemen in the patch can actually do more than just one job.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That will be a lifestyle change from their cushy factory jobs.. Maybe working in a refinery?
Don't guess any of the japanese automakers in Ontario would want them?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
All 12 of them with a 3" bore.
In all the places and camps I have worked only met one ontarion.Maybe that will change since they went from center of the universe to heading headlong into a black hole.

it boogles the mind sometimes how many people have a hate on for Alberta because they are prosperous,and it's usually peeps from Ontario that think they are entitled to something because they spent the last 50 years trying to rape the west.

Well..the peeps that made Alberta and soon Sask prosperous are from mostly the east and Alberta,you wont hear them bitching about the jobs,the money they make to send home and buy ****e they never could have had in a lifetime working in the east.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Have you run into any Iraqis yet?
Not in Sask,we have a few newfs and their good guys,I did see a black guy in the Colville bar the other day though.

Not black but dark skinned,first I saw here in Sask,soon the guys that want to work will come,no matter what color.

If the Somalians knew gibsons was hiring crude oil truck drivers here they would also be here in droves.

The mayor of Kindersley is going on the road to plead to developers to come and please build some houses.

Last edited: