Green Lantern is gay

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
As in the DC Comics superhero. Execs at DC have been hinting for a while that an established hero would come out of the closet. And here's the end to the speculation.

Green Lantern relaunched as brave, mighty and gay

By MATT MOORE, Associated Press – 2 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Green Lantern, one of DC Comics' oldest and enduring heroes no matter what parallel earth he's on, is serving as a beacon for the publisher again, this time as a proud, mighty and openly gay hero.

The change is revealed in the pages of the second issue of "Earth 2" out next week, and comes on the heels of what has been an expansive year for gay and lesbian characters in the pages of comic books from Archie to Marvel and others.

But purists and fans note: This Green Lantern is not the emerald galactic space cop who was, and is, part of the Justice League and has had a history rich in triumph and tragedy.

Instead, said James Robinson, who writes the new series, Alan Scott is the retooled version of the classic Lantern whose first appearance came in the pages of "All-American Comics" No. 16 in July 1940.
And his being gay is not part of some wider story line meant to be exploited or undone down the road, either.

The Associated Press: Green Lantern relaunched as brave, mighty and gay

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
lolz @ retooled

I could see this leading to green-light districts on the seedier sides of towns.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The comments i read online,some are a little upset cause,apparently instead of taking a new recent superhero,they go dig an say GL is.

I wonder what people will say the day James Bond is made to come out of the closet :lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Ryan Rynolds the Canadian film actor who played Green Lantern in the last movie will be happy to know his love interest was all a hokes. lol

Such a crying shame we have become such a PC society we have to turn comic characters gay. Christ!!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rainbow Lantern to the rescue

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Ryan Rynolds the Canadian film actor who played Green Lantern in the last movie will be happy to know his love interest was all a hokes. lol
Did you look to see if he had an opinion?

Such a crying shame we have become such a PC society we have to turn comic characters gay.
Yeah, comic books reflecting some things real life is an oddity alright.

.... if he existed, may have been gay.

Want some bigotry from me? Ok, bigots are lowlife pinheads.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
o.k. L Gilbert, I know your views on Gays.. we have been there.

Now SpiderMan, there's a super hero you could set your watch to as a kid. Ain't nothing gay about spiders, in fact they're the exact opposite, they creep the Nancy boys and little girls right out, ideal super hero for an old-fashioned boy.

Just keep the fudge packing behind closed doors.. o.k. Don't need to hear about it, or want to know about it.. thx.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
o.k. L Gilbert, I know your views on Gays.. we have been there.
So you think you should be able to post your bigoted views and I shouldn't be able to post my views? get a grip, you ****up. lol

Now SpiderMan, there's a super hero you could set your watch to as a kid. Ain't nothing gay about spiders, in fact they're the exact opposite, they creep the Nancy boys and little girls right out, ideal super hero for an old-fashioned
bigoted

BTW, speaking of old-fashioned, did you know that homosexuals have been around for at least as long as recorded history?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
BTW, speaking of old-fashioned, did you know that homosexuals have been around for at least as long as recorded history?

Did you realize it was more open and accepted during the Roman Empire.. most men were bi-sexual.. Big fu.cking deal.

Let's face it, the prudes came to the New World (America) and brought their stigmas with them..

Relax.. I'm not a bigot.. it's just funny. You get so wound up over this issue.. I mean seriously. That's just so Gay. ooops. ;-)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Did you realize it was more open and accepted during the Roman Empire.. most men were bi-sexual.. Big fu.cking deal.
Yes, I did.

Let's face it, the prudes came to the New World (America) and brought their stigmas with them..
You face it. I did long ago.

Relax.. I'm not a bigot.. it's just funny. You get so wound up over this issue.. I mean seriously. That's just so Gay. ooops. ;-)
I'm wound up? News to me. I'm just pointing out my views.