BRITAIN sends deadly nuke sub HMS Talent to the Falklands

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Eggsellent.

he fearsome submarine was dispatched last night with Tomahawk warheads as tensions simmer on the 30th anniversary of the conflict with Argentina.

The Trafalgar-class “hunter-killer” vessel slipped into a port in South Africa last week under a cloak of secrecy.
Simon’s Town dock in Cape Town is a strategic staging post for South Atlantic missions.

Defence insiders confirmed the sub was ready for a lengthy deployment around the Falklands.

Talent will arrive in good time for June 14 — the anniversary of the day the British task force ended a 74-day Argie occupation of the islands.

A source said: “Final preparations are being made in South Africa before a deployment to the South Atlantic. HMS Talent will be dropping by the Falklands and keeping watch. That’s what she is built to do — protect Britain’s interests.

“And that is what she will be doing this summer.”

Argentina and president Cristina Fernandez have been upping the tension over the Falklands with a host of inflammatory stunts.

They whined when helicopter pilot Prince William was sent on deployment there, they instigated trade blockades and they accused Britain of war mongering.

And Argentina sparked international outrage by secretly filming an Olympic athlete training on the steps of the war memorial in the capital, Port Stanley. The video ends with the provocative slogan: “To compete on English soil, we train on Argentine soil.”
A source added: “There’s a lot of talk about the Falklands, but there’s only one nation in this row with nuclear submarines.”
HMS Talent — built to hunt down and destroy subs and warships — arrived in South Africa on Tuesday after quietly requesting a nuclear permit for a visit between May 10 and 30.

She is expected to leave this week. Her presence in the South Atlantic will quell fears of any misguided stunts by Argentina on the June 14 anniversary.

Since launching in 1988 HMS Talent has conducted operations worldwide in her principal role as a hunter-killer.

But she can be deployed in a surveillance role — and is fitted with cameras and thermal-imaging periscopes.

Although nuclear powered, she does not carry nuclear warheads.

But she is armed with a full complement of Tomahawk cruise missiles.

They have a range of up to 1,000 miles — and were used successfully against Col Gaddafi in Libya last year.

The MoD said last night: “We do not comment on submarine operations.”

Navy super sub HMS Talent on its way to the Falklands in a show of strike power to Argentina | The Sun |News

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
If there's even a grain of common sense existant among Argentinian politicians; now would be a good time for them to button their lips and stop with the stupid verbal brinksmanship.

Watching a cruise missile skate past your balcony wouldn't be my idea of laughing up your sleeve with "today's fun with insults".

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
President Cristina Fernandez claims Britain is using the Falkland island to steal Argentinian fish and oil..

I don't know, maybe the same case can be made for Saint Pierre and Miquelon, a French territory off the coast of Canada. eh?

Maybe it's time to declare war against France.. lol

Saint Pierre and Miquelon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Better idea is to round up all the Quebec Separatist and ship them off to that island..

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If there's even a grain of common sense existant among Argentinian politicians; now would be a good time for them to button their lips and stop with the stupid verbal brinksmanship.

Watching a cruise missile skate past your balcony wouldn't be my idea of laughing up your sleeve with "today's fun with insults".

Were it me, I'd make it VERY clear to the idiot President of Argentina that if British interests are attacked, the cruise missiles would certainly NOT be "skating past her balcony"

But of course, I am a psychologically fragile barbarian.