Minute Maid wins 'Pomegranate Blueberry' case

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Minute Maid labels beverage 'Pomegranate Blueberry' despite only having 0.3% pomegranate juice and 0.2% blueberry juice. Judge: Drink up

Minute Maid can keep labeling one of its beverages "Pomegranate Blueberry" even though it's made up almost entirely of apple and grape juices and contains only 0.3 percent pomegranate juice and 0.2 percent blueberry juice.
That was the verdict Thursday from a federal appeals court in San Francisco in a suit by Pom Wonderful, which sells pomegranate juices and accused its Coca-Cola-owned rival of false labeling and advertising.

more stupidity

Minute Maid wins 'Pomegranate Blueberry' case

h/t Fark

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This is an old scam. I always check the labeling on any "juice" that I buy to be sure of what I am actually buying. Quite obviously the US and probably Canada needs stronger laws governing the content of what is advertised as juice and other food products. It is quite amazing that society accepts the sort of loose laws governing what we eat when we would never accept similar standards in other products. Can you imagine buying an Ipod or some similar product that was actually built using outdated electronics and accepting that as normal?