From Bad to Worse..

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
U.S. Troops Posed With Body Parts of Afghan Bombers

An American soldier says he released the photos to the Los Angeles Times to draw attention to the safety risk of a breakdown in leadership and discipline. The Army has started a criminal investigation.

U.S. Troops Posed With Body Parts of Afghan Bombers       : Information Clearing House

What is the "defense" going to be for THIS macabre conduct??? Let the rationalization begin. The USG sure is getting quick with its "apologies" and condemnations. Why don't they just get the hell out of Afghanistan ?? This is nothing more than the behavior of a group of people who operated from the code of entitlement......and feel they can get away with anything because they are"american".

....someone is going to have to pound some reality into them and those that create these wars of choice. As they keep repeating the same stupidity not having learned a bloody thing from the previoius disaster.

.....if this is the new US image (military) ......why do the powers that be keep yaking about 'core values". These ARE now the core values and have been since the first photos of torture showed up.​

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
another issue that fits under same category of "core values"....(bad to worse)

Three USSS employees have been removed from the Secret Service in connection with the scandal involving prostitutes during a summit of the Americas attended by President Obama.

Eleven call girls for Eleven security detail. Suspect that this is but the tip of the iceberg. Another example of sense of entitlement due to the "power": they believe they have. Exaggerated feelings of self importants gone astray........again.

source: CNN breaking news.

What an unfortunate situation the left find themselves in when their version of utopia gets fugged by human nature.

has NOTHING to do with LEFT or RIGHT , purple or green. Has everything to do with a culture that believes it can get away with anything it wants just because they happen to be "american". This arrogance is a serious american flaw. that has shown itself to the world over and over again in the past decade.

No amount of apologies can change the black smuge (or remove it) that is expanding over the US reputation.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

so you defend this kind of unprofessional conduct?? How reliable is a gang of security agents that get drunk , have pillow talks with strange ladies ......particularly when the country itself is so paranoid about "threats" leaks, information leaks ??

Mind you......if this is part of their "core values".........nothing anyone can do about it accept realize that what the US culture says and does are in direct conflict with each other.

BBC is reviewing all the incidents that have occurred in just the past few months. and also saying that not much will change, regardless of what the powers that be say. That about sums it up.

when there is a "so what" attitude....... as the core value...... the incidents that unfold are just part of the nature of things now. What this also means is that this and other atrocities are acceptable now. Astonishing what people can get used to and allow it to become "the norm". "so what" is "normalizing " this conduct.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Secret Service to Fire 1 Amid Inquiry; 2 Others to Leave

The head of the Secret Service has told other government officials that the agency plans to fire one person in connection with the investigation into alleged misconduct with prostitutes last week in Colombia, according to a person briefed on the matter.

NYT: breaking news mailing.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What is the "defense" going to be for THIS macabre conduct???

"It seemed like the thing to do at the time"

....someone is going to have to pound some reality into them and those that create these wars of choice. As they keep repeating the same stupidity not having learned a bloody thing from the previoius disaster.

Like who?... I'm guessing that the active jihadists are pretty busy with poisoning school girls or throwing acid in their faces... There is only so much time in the day ya know

Eleven call girls for Eleven security detail.

Dear Sirs,

I never thought that those letters were true until it happened to me.. I was on my way to the Church to say a few novenas for thanksgiving and all, somehow I must have taken a wrong turn and voila - I happened across a bevy of scantily clad nymphs on roller skates that were beckoning me to 'come hither'.

Well, you can imagine what happened next...

Suspect that this is but the tip of the iceberg. Another example of sense of entitlement due to the "power": they believe they have.

Why don't you push 'em off of the pedestal then?

No amount of apologies can change the black smuge (or remove it) that is expanding over the US reputation.

... But a few televised beheadings will work in the meantime, eh?

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
so you defend this kind of unprofessional conduct?? How reliable is a gang of security agents that get drunk , have pillow talks with strange ladies ......particularly when the country itself is so paranoid about "threats" leaks, information leaks ??

Mind you......if this is part of their "core values".........nothing anyone can do about it accept realize that what the US culture says and does are in direct conflict with each other.

BBC is reviewing all the incidents that have occurred in just the past few months. and also saying that not much will change, regardless of what the powers that be say. That about sums it up.

when there is a "so what" attitude....... as the core value...... the incidents that unfold are just part of the nature of things now. What this also means is that this and other atrocities are acceptable now. Astonishing what people can get used to and allow it to become "the norm". "so what" is "normalizing " this conduct.

Yep; our core values are so much superior with our Defense minister taking buddies for fishing trips while using a Coast Guard copter for the pleasure. Oh what was that again about sense of entitlement? NORMAL? You're joking right? You used the word normal in the same article as anything written about Afghanistan today?

Breezy; you gotta quit with the "high ground" mentality. You're not "over there" and it's a long drop back to reality from your lofty perch. You WILL get knocked off it, just a matter of time and another news day.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
All the mouth pieces and utopianists have no clue what happens when you of necessity, take young people and train them to kill or be killed. Then put them in a position where they see their friends shot to pieces or blown up and expect them to act like seminarians :roll: There is a lot more goes on that you never hear about.
I will say that if our soldiers reacted to adversity like progressives the s*it would really hit the fan.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I will say that if our soldiers reacted to adversity like progressives the s*it would really hit the fan.

Gee, I don't know that this is a fair statement considering the fact that Dems are still roughly half the population of the USA and are likely half the soldiers there.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Gee, I don't know that this is a fair statement considering the fact that Dems are still roughly half the population of the USA and are likely half the soldiers there.

The run of the mill American democrat is not a "progressive" but much further right.
Progressives in Canada are the left wing of the NDP.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Why does every topic have to deteriorate into a Right vs Left political issue?? It is simple. IF folks find this kind of conduct acceptable......say so. Don't "justify" it on some vague grounds. IF WAR is behind this kind of conduct .....and it might well be......given that these current wars have been ELECTIVE......(no matter how successful the brainwashing has been on some ) ... it follows that the troops will behave in barbaric ways as they feel they are entitled due to the power that elective wars give them, their organizers and their gov't. It is about WAR CULTURE and POWER ........as well as arrogance. Humanity is no longer a value . It is known that war dehumanizes people that ordinarily would not be targetted for killilng. All the gov't has to do ;is declare them an enemy or whatever the current vernacular is.

This conduct is a symptom of what has gone from bad to worse. But folks are too resistive to consider it in that view........as the black and white view of political propaganda is much easier to accept and deal with.

If those that defend this conduct .......on whatever basis think it has no impact on the US reputation.....fine.

Maybe the war lovers should rethink their passions ... But that won't happen. War is profit in too many circles ...and the troops are tools that are used by the game players. What is tragic , is that even the troops are dehumanized. NO one should be exposed to what they are forced to see as they kill others in far off nations that were not a threat.