Police officers smash window to save toy dog

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Little Willy. :lol:

Officers received a call from a concerned passer-by who reported seeing a dog left on the back seat of car parked on Church Lane in Mansfield.
The police officers smashed a window in the Mercedes and discovered it was, in fact, a toy dog.
The toy's owner, Gordon Williams, 80, said police had done the right thing.
"I know Little Willy is quite realistic and if they weren't sure about it, they did a good thing as we don't want any more dogs dying in the heat of a car," said Mr Williams.

more

BBC News - Mansfield police officers smash window to save toy dog

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Little Willy. :lol:

Officers received a call from a concerned passer-by who reported seeing a dog left on the back seat of car parked on Church Lane in Mansfield.
The police officers smashed a window in the Mercedes and discovered it was, in fact, a toy dog.
The toy's owner, Gordon Williams, 80, said police had done the right thing.
"I know Little Willy is quite realistic and if they weren't sure about it, they did a good thing as we don't want any more dogs dying in the heat of a car," said Mr Williams.

more

BBC News - Mansfield police officers smash window to save toy dog

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the police doing this. A smashed window would be a far better situation than a baby or beloved pet that died due to the sun/heat. I'm sure that while the officer is somewhat embarrassed, it will just end up being a funny story he tells to family members.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Honestly, I don't have a problem with the police doing this. A smashed window would be a far better situation than a baby or beloved pet that died due to the sun/heat. I'm sure that while the officer is somewhat embarrassed, it will just end up being a funny story he tells to family members.:)

Or that can be discussed the world over since BBC saw fit to publish the story. ;)