Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Arizona marches to the beat of its own drummer. But if that drummer gets upset and starts hollering on the Internet, he might get tossed in the clink. After spending years targeting illegal aliens, the Grand Canyon State is turning its sights on obnoxious Internet users (commonly called 'trolls'). A new update to the state's telecommunications harassment bill could make the practice of harassing people online illegal.

Arizona House Bill 2549 has already passed both of the state's legislative bodies and is currently sitting on the desk of Governor Jan Brewer. While there's a lot in there that doesn't concern trolling, here's the line that has people worried:

It is unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to use ANY ELECTRONIC OR DIGITAL DEVICE and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict physical harm to the person or property of any person.

Violators could be charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor and face up to 6 months in jail. If electronic devices are used to stalk someone, the charges then become a Class 3 felony, with penalties ranging from a minimum sentence of two and a half years in jail for non-dangerous offenders with no prior record to 25 years.

more

Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
She's is just pissed about this.. Jan Brewer Sucks | Facebook

LOL and she thinks she can do something about it with legislation.. btw, another one of my domains I might add.

This was posted here before.. I know..

No respect for the Office of President, she's a loud mouth shrew..

It's funny how the Republican talk about how Obamacare will limit surgeries for people.. maybe it will make it more of a level playing field so Rich White Republicans are not the only ones to get health care..

Arizona Transplant Patients Die After State Cuts Medical Insurance - ABC News

Jan Brewer’s Arizona Death Panel – 2 Down, 97 To Go | Edited For Clarity

Last edited: