Shawn Tyson guilty of murdering two Britons in Florida

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A lesser-known Florida murder from last year.

An American teenager has been jailed for life in the US after being found guilty of the first degree murder of two British tourists in Florida.

James Cooper, 25, from Warwickshire, and James Kouzaris, 24, from Northampton, were shot in Sarasota.

The pair, who met at Sheffield University, were killed after drunkenly wandering into the Newtown area in the early hours of 16 April 2011.

The court heard Shawn Tyson, 17, had killed them after trying to rob them.

It also emerged that hours before the murders, Tyson had been released after his arrest following a shooting on 7 April.

Tyson, who was tried as an adult at Sarasota County Court despite having been 16 at the time of the murders, was given two life sentences without the eligibility of parole

more

BBC News - Shawn Tyson guilty of murdering two Britons in Florida

Background:

Teenager accused of killing British tourists told friend he had shot the men even though they had pleaded for their lives | Mail Online

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama

His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.

They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

His conviction of first degree murder carries an mandatory life sentence without the chance of parole.

The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

more

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama - Telegraph

Oh well...

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
People can't be serious being critical of Obama for not answering his letter. This is almost
funny if it were not so ridiculous. Look the young people were murdered that is a fact they
were killed by a scum back who intended to rob them, fact. The person responsible has
been found guilty of the crime of murder, fact. The President must answer all mail sent to
him by foreigners not fact.
If one is going to be critical of the President connected with this issue, they better come up
with something better than this.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The powerfully built teen even looked bored as emotional DVD presentations about the dead men prepared by their grieving parents were shown in court.

I have a feeling that he won't be acting so bored when Bubba(the one who greets the new fish) decides to say hello.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why is a black man killing white people no racist?
I see Goober likes to leave a negative rep for this post but can't respond.
Why is that Goober?
Well I am not a man to mince words at times. I rarely hand out a neg rep. From time to time we get your type on this Forum

But in my opinion you are seriously fuked.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8OTyson, who was tried as an adult at Sarasota County Court despite having been 16 at the time of the murders, was given two life sentences without the eligibility of parole"":"

Wow, for two Brits. Drunk at that!! That's freakin harsh.8O8O(doubly shocked)

Could Mike not help his son?

Maybe Ian could lend a hand.

If they had decided to fry em in Fla. I would volunteer to pull the switch. Something to do in retirement. Nah, probably minimum wage.

Oh shat, he's black. That explains it. Racist big brother, KKK, always down on the black man. shame? He probably shot in self retardance. The nerve. Victims wanting to keep their money. Damn Whiteys.

Why is a black man killing white people no racist?

I see Goober likes to leave a negatve rep for this post but can't respond.

Why is that Goober?

Cause Goober, unlike you, is not a dickhead, nor a troll...................