A debris field of Loonies and Twonies and candy

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Brinks crash spills millions in coins - Sudbury - CBC News

A crash of a Brinks tractor-trailer in northeastern Ontario this morning seriously injured the two occupants, and scattered millions of dollars in Canadian coins on the highway and in the nearby bush.
The crash happened on Highway 11, south of Ramore, north of Kirkland Lake, when the tractor-trailer collided with a rock cut in Benoit Township around 4 a.m.
It also caused a series of chain-reaction collisions that involved a minivan and two other tractor-trailer units.

What a time for penny candy....

Last edited by a moderator:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Candy and dollars coins spilled across a highway and through the bush? Seems like something out of a comedy film.
Heading straight into the rock cut though, not so amusing.
In the early 90's my grandparents were involved in a head on collision just north of Parry Sound. The other driver came out from behind a truck on a two lane highway and with no where else to go they both went into the rock. Fortunately,like these folks, my grandparents and the other driver only suffered injury but sadly the passenger in the other car was killed on impact. I saw photos of the car afterwards. I cringe every time I hear of it happening.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
When I was a young lad (many decades ago, a friend and I found a brown paper shopping bag sitting in the middle of a road in Montreal full of $1 bills cut in half. We spent an entire afternoon trying to find a match of the serial numbers. Not one! Bastards put the other halves in another bag. Musta have hundreds of half bills. And that was back when a Coke was 10 cents. Imagine 2 9 year olds with a few hundred dollars. We would a bought so much sugar ladened junk we woulda turned into giant zits and exploded.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Candy and dollars coins spilled across a highway and through the bush? Seems like something out of a comedy film.
Heading straight into the rock cut though, not so amusing.
In the early 90's my grandparents were involved in a head on collision just north of Parry Sound. The other driver came out from behind a truck on a two lane highway and with no where else to go they both went into the rock. Fortunately,like these folks, my grandparents and the other driver only suffered injury but sadly the passenger in the other car was killed on impact. I saw photos of the car afterwards. I cringe every time I hear of it happening.
i'm glad your folks survived.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
i'm glad your folks survived.:)

Thanks, we were grateful as well. The driver in the other vehicle survived as well. Unfortunately the passenger that died was her daughter. All because Mom was too impatient to wait behind a truck for a safer opportunity. :(

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I'm waiting for a beer cargo to crash. I'll happily fork over pub cost for the beer I scoop. :D
That happened one year on the ONR-my Dad was called out for the work crew as per SOP.

Cops were guarding the box car full of beer though so ONR employees had to wait until the OPP were too drunk to see before raiding the car and raid it they did-and arrange for the loot to be shipped back home.

I can't remember the details but I do remember a stack of cartons of 24 way over my head in our closed back porch-along with a number of phones calls and some not very furtive comings and goings.