Harper's Conservatives lose popularity.

JLM
Signs show Stephen Harper Conservatives' popularity beginning to slip | Full Comment | National Post

Is this news or drivel? Every since I was first aware of politics, political leaders traditionally reach their lowest ebb about one year after winning an election (generally by design) N.P. must be starved for news today.

WLDB
It doesn't matter whether its true or not at this point.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Certainly it does. If the cons slip too far, they could be tossed out in an early election.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kind of expect my news sources to report the truth!

Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Certainly it does. If the cons slip too far, they could be tossed out in an early election.

How would that happen with a majority gov't?

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Huge breakdown in party discipline I guess. Thats extremely unlikely.

mentalfloss
We'll have a better understanding of the political landscape on April 6th, but they seem to always slip in between elections. The minions only come out after heavy advertising.

CDNBear
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

The minions only come out after heavy advertising.

Really? But you're here all the time.

#juan

Excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kind of expect my news sources to report the truth!

Remember Diefenbaker's 208 seat majority? How long did that last?

SLM
+1

We'll have a better understanding of the political landscape on April 6th, but they seem to always slip in between elections. The minions only come out after heavy advertising.

Yeah! Minions!

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Really? But you're here all the time.

We've discussed the minions thing before, I'm sure of it. You still have that cool minions pic?

JLM

Remember Diefenbaker's 208 seat majority? How long did that last?

Yep, I think the month June and the year was 1958, I think he lasted until at least 1963!

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

You still have that cool minions pic?

Yep...

I think that's Fuzzy, with the post-blaze look on his face.

SLM
+4

Yep...

I think that's Fuzzy, with the post-blaze look on his face.

How can you tell? They all look alike. Unless.....OMG! They're all Fuzzy!

Goober
+5
#13  Top Rated Post

Yeah! Minions!

We've discussed the minions thing before, I'm sure of it. You still have that cool minions pic?

Well they can look like this. Just sent from a friend attending the NDP Convention

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well they can look like this. Just sent from a friend attending the NDP Convention

Some look like they're crying.

Goober
+4

Yeah, A Mantra - We want more money.

CDNBear
+3

Wouldn't you cry too, if you were a card carrying Kneedipper?

SLM
+1

Yeah, A Mantra - We want more money.

Send the request along to Durry. It works for all us Easterners.

Honestly, I'd cry if I were a card carrying anything.

LOL. I have a fear of commitment.

JLM
+3

Not to mention the fact they all have the propensity for being a bunch of F*****g crooks!

SLM

Not to mention the fact they all have the propensity for being a bunch of F*****g crooks!

Yes. I have standards after all. lol

Goober
+1

OK - Durry I am sure has tons of cash. He will just have to get another job or 4 to keep up with their needs.

He does not need sleep - Job number 5 between midnight and 8 am when others are sleeping. Dammed good idea I say.

5 jobs - 2 days off per, add in 2 weeks vacation for each job - 5 x 2 weeks equals 10 weeks - 2 days off per week - 104 days - Why he could also pick up a part time job as well.

SLM
+1

OK - Durry I am sure has tons of cash. He will just have to get another job or 4 to keep up with their needs.

He does not need sleep - Job number 5 between midnight and 8 am when others are sleeping. Dammed good idea I say.

5 jobs - 2 days off per, add in 2 weeks vacation for each job - 5 x 2 weeks equals 10 weeks - 2 days off per week - 104 days - Why he could also pick up a part time job as well.

Well darn! With working all those hours, he'll hardly have time for posting.

mentalfloss
I'm sure they'll pick up by the next batch of polls considering the budget is coming out next week.

Goober

I'm sure they'll pick up by the next batch of polls considering the budget is coming out next week.

There will be blow back on the OAS changes.

taxslave
+1

Don't know as I would cry but I certainly would NOT advertise the fact.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Don't know as I would cry but I certainly would NOT advertise the fact.

Fuzzy does. But then again, some people have no self respect.

JLM
Why doesn't Harper quit being an A$$hole and meet with the chief of Attawapiskat? She's in Ottawa and it wouldn't be any skin off his *** to spend an hour or so with her, meanwhile endearing himself (if possible) with an entire demographic. Ooops, maybe she'd start eating and he'd feel obligated to buy lunch!

Colpy

"...an early election"???

I don't know how that is possible, considering the CPC has a comfortable majority.

Why doesn't Harper quit being an A$$hole and meet with the chief of Attawapiskat? She's in Ottawa and it wouldn't be any skin off his *** to spend an hour or so with her, meanwhile endearing himself (if possible) with an entire demographic. Ooops, maybe she'd start eating and he'd feel obligated to buy lunch!

She demands between one and two weeks, with both Harper and the G-G.

She is nuts.

Wait!

I want an audience with the PM!!!

I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue!!

You just watch me!!!!

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

"...an early election"???

I don't know how that is possible, considering the CPC has a comfortable majority.

She is nuts.

Wait!

You just watch me!!!!

Maybe, but the people she represents aren't all nuts and their living conditions ARE substandard. Harper is actually in the "drivers seat" all he has to do is tell her to prepare a list that they can review in a couple of hours and tell her to take it or leave it, then he's done his part (and I'd be willing to bet she'd take it.)

captain morgan
+1

She is nuts.

Not just nuts... Clinically insane

Wait!

You just watch me!!!!

I demand that Harper, personally deliver me a manicure and I will cut down on my beer consumption until he caves to my demands...

After that, I demand that Chief Spence gives me a pedicure and until she does, I'll stop smoking cigarettes bought on the rez.

Maybe, but the people she represents aren't all nuts and their living conditions ARE substandard. Harper is actually in the "drivers seat" all he has to do is tell her to prepare a list that they can review in a couple of hours and tell her to take it or leave it, then he's done his part (and I'd be willing to bet she'd take it.)

Did it ever make it on your radar that this issue is all about Chief Spence refusing to open the books and determine if the use of funds - by her administration - have been in the best interests of her constituents (read: her people that are living in those substandard conditions you have outlined).

Why on Earth would Harper waste even a nanosecond on a person that has acted in such bad faith on this issue? If I were Harper, I wouldn't agree to hear one single word from her mouth until she came clean, and at that point, Harper can talk through a gvt lawyer on the subject of investigating her for fraud.

JLM
Perhaps my memory is out of whack, or maybe I dreampt it but didn't Harper say he was there to represent ALL Canadians? -