Quebec man who murdered his kids wants out

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Didn't they try this already a few months back? Seems to me I remember reading something about Turcotte and his bid for release.

He stabs his own kids a dozen times but didn't intend to kill them?!? And he's "all better now". Screw that! Keep this s.o.b. locked away.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Didn't they try this already a few months back? Seems to me I remember reading something about Turcotte and his bid for release.

He stabs his own kids a dozen times but didn't intend to kill them?!? And he's "all better now". Screw that! Keep this s.o.b. locked away.
Hey, it's okay. He killed his kids to protect them from trauma. He stabbed one child 26 times and the other 19 times
so they wouldn't have to go through trauma but he is all better now.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hey, it's okay. He killed his kids to protect them from trauma. He stabbed one child 26 times and the other 19 times
so they wouldn't have to go through trauma but he is all better now.

This animal should not taste freedom.

I can buy the not criminally responsible part, somewhat, if a person is truly in the midst of a psychotic break or something. Vince Li comes to mind. However, once they've proven just how dangerous they can be without supervision to me means they should be under constant supervision. In other words contained, indefinitely!

This monster though, I don't buy it. Personally I do not believe in the death penalty but I have to admit, individuals like this guy sincerely try my resolve.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Put a rope in his cell and see if he takes the hint. taxpayers should not have to pay to keep vermin like this, nor should he be let loose to reoffend.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Under the law, if he was adjudged insane, then he MUST be released when he is improved. He was not convicted of murdering anyone.

LOT'S of people that have killed others while insane have been treated, and released very successfully.

Some of you are really full of blood lust, aren't you? And Canada has no death penalty, which makes me wonder if all of the negative crap wasn't written by Americans.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Under the law, if he was adjudged insane, then he MUST be released when he is improved. He was not convicted of murdering anyone.

LOT'S of people that have killed others while insane have been treated, and released very successfully.

Some of you are really full of blood lust, aren't you? And Canada has no death penalty, which makes me wonder if all of the negative crap wasn't written by Americans.

Do shrinks and analysts keep a database of those judged to be criminally insane, "treated", then deemed safe to turn loose on society but reoffend? I would assume that they would like to showcase their successes but they seem rather tight with their stats. Privacy? How does that fly with those who were and those who could be victims?

If we held these mental health professionals accountable for their mistakes what would happen? Not an exact science? Right, that gives the potential and past victims a warm sense of relief.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

For a few years it was thought that child molesters could be cured. We know now that they are never cured. I don't know how many times in the last sixty years or so, psychiatrists have pronounced one of these animals "cured" and within a couple years the bastard is at it again. This doctor is not the usual child molester but he did stab his children dozens of times each. Do we want to see this guy with a knife in his hand again? I don't think so.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
For a few years it was thought that child molesters could be cured. We know now that they are never cured. I don't know how many times in the last sixty years or so, psychiatrists have pronounced one of these animals "cured" and within a couple years the bastard is at it again. This doctor is not the usual child molester but he did stab his children dozens of times each. Do we want to see this guy with a knife in his hand again? I don't think so.

Dead on.

This guy should never walk free again.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
This is a who guy stabbed his two children to death. A psychiatrist now wants to let him out.
What a great idea. I would say keep him inside for another thirty years or so.

Psychiatrist says Quebec man who killed his children ready for release - The Globe and Mail

Anyone who murders a child, especially one of their own, should be locked up for their entire life.

Then the law needs to be changed. The rights of the perpetrator should never outweigh the rights of the victim(s).

And how is it bloodlust to want him to remain in prison for the rest of his life? I don't care how insane he was at the time he murdered his own children, the fact remains that he DID murder them.