Moroccan girl commits suicide after being forced to marry her rapist

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

No, I would say that that would be an incorrect assessment, and as for YOUR parents prejudices, no need to project them onto everyone else. Which begs the question..... what is your heritage again?

Not sure if you noticed the date of what I was talking about ('79). I was trying to make the point that these prejudices were around fairly recently but I was not talking about today. Things have come a long way for many people, Dumpy and Durry being exceptions to the rule. And my heritage is, to my embarrassment, British, first generation Canadian born.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Quote the section of the Quran where it allows this.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Irrelevant.

Yes, of course the Koran is irrelevant to Islam.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

What makes you think that people would not choose Suicide by rat poison?

Have you ever seen it at work? Wouldn't be my first choice. I think it is reasonable to speculate that it may not have been suicide. Only somebody that is incredibly "stupid" would disregard that possibility without further investigation.

Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

#11 - Don't wear ****ty clothes

earth_as_one
+1
According to more detailed accounts, the mother was the primary force behind this girl marrying her rapist.
www.kansascity.com/2012/03/17...of-family.html (external - login to view)
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Fed up with Islam yet?

they are merely following the example of the Prophet.......

Fed up with parents yet? They are merely following the example of their parents.

damngrumpy
I like this every thime there is a problem with the Arab world people say they are following the
dictates of the Prophet and that is simply not true. It was also covered in the news story that
the measure is covered by Local Rural Custom that is a long way from being part of Islam.
Now put things into some serious context here.
Yes the prophet did engage in violent rhetoric and there is some pretty savage practices that
existed and in some cases exist even today.
Go back a thousand years or even three or four hundred years and look at us so called Christians
for a moment. Remember the Spanish Inquisition? What about the Witch Hunts that ran rampant
over the land. Oh I know it happened centuries ago and you are right to say that.
Today the version of Christian persecution is different they engage in shunning, or manipulating
community situations such as elections and so on. Another avenue is child abuse by clergy and
the faithful themselves. We are improving that is true but the abuse of people who they all now
marginalize still has the same result. Ask someone who is gay how they are treated by the
born again community.
We must understand the Islamic World has isolated itself for centuries and now they are being
confronted with modern technology and a smaller more mobile world. It will take several more decades
until the reach the level the west has. We in the industrialized world were once little more than
savages fearing the Lord and fearing to even ask the questions that broke the choke hold the churches
exerted on the people.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Yes, of course the Koran is irrelevant to Islam.

Two excellent examples of why you really didn't need to admit you were stupid.

SLM
+1

Two excellent examples of why you really didn't need to admit you were stupid.

Stellar examples. I find the second one to be particularly asinine.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Me too. Either he didn't read or understand what Karrie posted, likely because of his admitted stupidity. Or he's an ignorant misogynist.

Lose lose situation for him.

To the former, we're talking about the local rural traditions, in some Muslim communities. That are not supported by the Quran.

In either case, he got...

Yet again.

SLM
+1

Me too. Either he didn't read or understand what Karrie posted, likely because of his admitted stupidity. Or he's an ignorant misogynist.

Or he has intense hatred and mistrust of all men. Which would make him self-loathing I suppose, something I honestly didn't peg him for.

Quote:

To the former, we're talking about the local rural traditions, in some Muslim communities. That are not supported by the Quran.

Well that's just same old, same old. Take a statement about A and try to make it about B.

CDNBear
+1

Or he has intense hatred and mistrust of all men. Which would make him self-loathing I suppose, something I honestly didn't peg him for.

I wouldn't put it by him. Given his warm jello like adherence to any set principle. But by his own admission, his wife has claimed he treated her badly.

Quote:

Well that's just same old, same old. Take a statement about A and try to make it about B.

Oh he only does that because he can't formulate a reasoned rebuttal 99.99% of the time. Even then, that .01%, is usually on some lame topic, that really doesn't pose a risk to his id.

SLM
+1

I wouldn't put it by him. Given his warm jello like adherence to any set principle. But by his own admission, his wife has claimed he treated her badly.

I guess whatever works in the opposition de jour eh?

Quote:

Oh he only does that because he can't formulate a reasoned rebuttal 99.99% of the time. Even then, that .01%, is usually on some lame topic, that really doesn't pose a risk to his id.

Ah yes. ID, Ego, Superego. His rationality and certainly his attitudes towards women are indeed reminiscent of Freud.

Cannuck

That's because, like CB, you have a very difficult time with the concept of sarcasm. Don't worry. It is something that you can learn so there is still hope for you.

CDNBear
+1

That's because, like CB, you have a very difficult time with the concept of sarcasm. Don't worry. It is something that you can learn so there is still hope for you.

LOL, that is exactly what I told her you'd claim.

Your questions in the **** Walk thread, says something quite different though.

You're predictable, when you have to pull your foot out of your mouth.
Last edited by CDNBear; Mar 18th, 2012 at 09:55 AM..

oleoleolanda
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Those type of people aren't Muzzies, Heebs or Christians..... they are *******s and should be adressed as such first and foremost.

With so many different interpretations among followers of religions, I tend to dismiss the idea that there is such a thing as a true believer. I think there's believers in archaic and repressive and unreformed and modernized religion--which I agree tends to attract a certain mindset and reenforce assholish values--and those who embrace the more humane, positive values and religious interpretations.

SLM

Your questions in the **** Walk thread, says something quite different though.

You're predictable, when you have to pull your foot out of your mouth.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!

I don't understand sarcasm. LOL!!!!

Cannuck

Come now, you are embarrassing yourself again. You really shouldn't do this in public. PM me and we can run through the whole sarcasm thing again.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!

I don't understand sarcasm. LOL!!!!

Yes, you clearly don't. Perhaps you can join me and CB in his private lesson.

CDNBear
+1

Come now, you are embarrassing yourself again. You really shouldn't do this in public. PM me and we can run through the whole sarcasm thing again.

Yes, you clearly don't. Perhaps you can join me and CB in his private lesson.

Awww, poor Jimmy gets PWND, and runs off crying about not being understood.

You really should do something about that admitted stupidity. You've already taken the first step, admission. Now you have to take the second step.

Cannuck

Awww, poor Jimmy gets PWND, and runs off crying about not being understood.

Crying? Clearly you take this far to seriously. Maybe somebody has struck a nerve.

CDNBear
+3

Crying?

Yes, crying. You seem very upset.

Quote:

Clearly you take this far to seriously.

Not at all. You would be the one has shown time and time again, how seriously you take all this. From your absolute fear of admitting error, to thinking I should care what someone thinks about my calling them stupid.

You have removed any doubt about how much importance you place on forums.

I blame your admitted stupidity, and lack of any sort of life.

Maybe somebody has struck a nerve.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Jimmy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings... Here fill this out and file it with the appropriate authorities...

Last edited by CDNBear; Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:36 AM..

SLM
+1

Yes, you clearly don't.

Gosh, you bolded AND underlined it, so it must be true.

Quote:

Perhaps you can join me and CB in his private lesson.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Today the version of Christian persecution is different they engage in shunning, or manipulating
community situations such as elections and so on. .

Manipulating elections? You mean like voting for who they want?

Cannuck

Gosh, you bolded AND underlined it, so it must be true.

Is that really what you think bold and underlining means or are you finally grasping the concept of sarcasm? It's difficult to tell with you given your lower level of writing skills.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Yes, all those that "can't" usually spout that tired old cliche. If you're going to do nothing more than regurgitate old sayings, perhaps you should update to something less stale.

SLM
+4
My goodness you're a child.

Cannuck

LOL...run along dear.

DaSleeper
+2

Or maybe a wanabe politician????

petros
Wanabe? Is that Japanese?

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I doubt it. Somebody wishing to be a politician in this country certainly wouldn't make fun of people that admit to being disadvantaged or francophone (although some might argue that those are one and the same). I understand your confusion on the matter given that English is not your mother tongue.

DaSleeper
+1
The common consensus is that all politicians are liars and bullshyters...a description that fits you to a T.....

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

He's just following tradition. I guess we have to be tolerant.

My tolerance has limits, which this has exceeded.

(I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, though. )

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

You mean because of all the meaningless rhetoric and endless diversion? Could be. Don't really care to be honest.

Just got to remember where this all started....

Small minded individuals say small minded things.

Cannuck

Small minded individuals say small minded things.

You certainly do but that's probably because you are so childish.