Fed up with Islam Yet???

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni FucciView Post

Are you ****ing serious??

Of course the Torah is in Hebrew...that's not what I meant and you know it...gosh!

But show me where to find the original Hebrew manuscript of the New Testament gospels......

No I do not know what you meant - perhaps clarity is another part of you that is lacking. Clarity. Type the words, review, make them clear and so on.

Again - How many asses do you have?

Should be an easy question. is this another failing, cannot answer easy questions? Why is that? I mean it is clear.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Again - How many asses do you have?

Should be an easy question. is this another failing, cannot answer easy questions? Why is that? I mean it is clear.

Oh you actually wanted an answer to this?

I have 3 asses and you can kiss them all...

MHz
+1
You first, how am I supposed to eavesdrop on a conversation that goes like this? "Clarity. Type the words, review, make them clear" If they are in error at the start how do you clarify that part when the (re)reviewed is the same material that led to the opening conclusion. I can promote trying to get the best view of both sides of the coin but you seem to promote one side also has to supply the other side with it's 'losing' argument.

If I have some people who don't like me, do each one of them count as an *** or do groups count as one, care to clarify that for me? I'm leaning to the view that all groups have some good ones and some bad ones. You don't want me to clarify that very much, trust me on that one point.

Can we Tosh.0 20 sec that reply for 20 points?

Goober

Oh you actually wanted an answer to this?

Nope - You have had your *** handed to you so many times this afternoon I was wondering when you would run out. Butt clearly you have not. That is why I will again hand you your ***.

Vanni Fucci
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Nope - You have had your *** handed to you so many times this afternoon I was wondering when you would run out. Butt clearly you have not. That is why I will again hand you your ***.

ROTFLMAO

Interesting what passes for intelligent discourse on this board these days...

No, you've not handed me my ***, but you can keep trying...lol

Goober

ROTFLMAO

Interesting what passes for intelligent discourse on this board these days...

No, you've not handed me my ***, but you can keep trying...lol

Ah Grasshopper you have failed to listen,reflect upon perfection
I will post a link of perfect asses. Even if these were imperfect, you are an *** of a differing end.

Perfect asses
Perfect great *** photo gallery : theCHIVE (external - login to view)

You are a

MHz
Bee careful if she offers to balance on on her nose, you could both end up being stung for life.

Colpy
+2

Not forcing anyone to think like me...just forcing them to think...

See that's one of the problems I have with religion, is that it forces you to stop thinking and just accept...and for one that professes to not be religious, you seem to be caught in that trap yourself...

Free your mind brother...

Got thinking about this.

Thought I would check out the views of a few people that were quite capable of original thought....

The three greatest scientific minds of all time (arguably)

Newton, da Vinci, Einstein.

Newton was a Deist, theology one of his obsessions........a believer.
Isaac Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

da Vinci was a skeptic, but of Catholicism, not of the existence of God........ another Deist??....a believer.
What was Leonardo da Vinci's Religion? (external - login to view)

Einstein acknowledged his agnosticism, but denied atheism.....he believed in God, just not a personal God......
Albert Einstein's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

That is three out of three.......in a discipline (science) often seen as the antithesis of belief in God.....

And it certainly belies your contention that belief destroys the ability to think...........

Terrorist Attacks against Christians increase 309 in Africa Middle East and Asia - YouTube

!

gopher
+1
Quote:

Terrorist Attacks against Christians increase 309 in Africa Middle East and Asia - YouTube

Regrettably, attacks upon Christians (and vice versa) have been going on in Asia for a long time:

Hindu Attacks on Christians in India - YouTube

No one religion is exempt from deserving much criticism for their intolerance and attacks on others. It is a sad thing to see people harmed in the name of religion.

Vanni Fucci
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

That is three out of three.......in a discipline (science) often seen as the antithesis of belief in God.....

And it certainly belies your contention that belief destroys the ability to think

Newton I'll give you, but then he was wrong about a few things...some of which was corrected by Einstein...

There is no solid evidence that Da Vinci was theist, deist or atheist, although his reputation for critical thinking would have allowed him at least the capacity for non-belief...

Then there's Einstein...

Quote:

Albert Einstein was not a theist...

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
Nor was he a deist...
"I am a deeply religious nonbeliever. This is a somewhat new kind of religion. I have never imputed to Nature a purpose or a goal, or anything that could be understood as anthropomorphic. What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism. The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naive."

Good attempt though Colpy...

gerryh
'A Day Without Yesterday': Georges Lemaitre & the Big Bang (external - login to view)

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

'A Day Without Yesterday': Georges Lemaitre & the Big Bang (external - login to view)

Is that how this game is played then...

"The Universe Exists Because of Spontaneous Creation" -Stephen Hawking (external - login to view)

gerryh
+1
just blowing your contention out the window about those that have Faith. That's all. When it comes to intelligence in this thread, the one claiming to not believe in God the loudest is the one coming out with the least.

Vanni Fucci
+1

just blowing your contention out the window about those that have Faith. That's all. When it comes to intelligence in this thread, the one claiming to not believe in God the loudest is the one coming out with the least.

Actually, I thought I was being rather subdued concerning my militant atheism...

38-second Proof that there is no God (Penn & Teller Bull****!) - YouTube (external - login to view)

gerryh
+1
riiiiiiiiiight, Penn and Teller, there's authority for ya...ROFLMFAO

Vanni Fucci

riiiiiiiiiight, Penn and Teller, there's authority for ya...ROFLMFAO

*snicker*

What a maroon...

B00Mer
+1
Fed up with Islam Yet??? YUP!!!

After going a few rounds with MHz, and his Koran thumping.. I want to buy a nuke and drop it in the middle of Makkah Saudi Arabia during Ramadan. Damit.

That guy to turn the Pope into Satan.

gore0bsessed
What about it are you fed up with exactly?

Bar Sinister
+1

What the fu ck are you talking about?????????????

The OP is about IRAQ... you know...the country that the u.s. "liberated".

I missed that. It never occurred to me that the country might be Iraq and not Iran - and I actually read the article. That certainly is a lesson for me in preconceptions. I will try to read more carefully in the future.

[QUOTE=Colpy;1558971]Got thinking about this.

Thought I would check out the views of a few people that were quite capable of original thought....

Newton was a Deist, theology one of his obsessions........a believer.
Isaac Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

da Vinci was a skeptic, but of Catholicism, not of the existence of God........ another Deist??....a believer.
What was Leonardo da Vinci's Religion? (external - login to view)

Einstein acknowledged his agnosticism, but denied atheism.....he believed in God, just not a personal God......
Albert Einstein's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

And it certainly belies your contention that belief destroys the ability to think...........

![/QUOTE

Belief doesn't destroy the ability to think There are too many examples of great thoughts coming from men of god. But it can shut off rational thought in certain areas. It perhaps explains why so many obviously intelligent and successful people cling to a belief that the Earth is only 6000 years old. Clearly these people are quite capable of rational thought except in one area.

gerryh
+1

*snicker*

What a maroon...

it's the kind of argument I expect from you.

Dexter Sinister
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

A list of people who believe something to be true has nothing to do with whether it's really true or not. Newton was a wacko in a lot of ways, a singularly unpleasant personality, from all reports, who invested a great deal of energy in looking for alchemy's Philosopher's Stone. He's really the bridge between mediaeval magical thinking and modern scientific thinking, he had a foot in both worlds. It's not correct to call Einstein a deist, a pantheist in the style of Spinoza is the best you can get from him and even that's a stretch. Even granting deism, it's a long way from there to the personal deity of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In fact you can't get from the former to the latter on the evidence, even Aquinas gave up on that argument.

And to answer the question in the thread title, which I don't think I've done yet, no, I am not fed up with Islam. I once worked for a Muslim, a Pakistani originally, deeply religious, and he was among the most sane, civilized, peaceable, and cultured of men. We had many long conversations about religious matters, and while we each believed the other to be fundamentally wrong, there was mutual respect and courtesy. That man will forever be the face of Islam to me. Two of my best friends are Lutheran ministers, a married couple, and again there is fundamental disagreement and many long conversations, with mutual respect and courtesy. That's the way it ought to be.
Last edited by Dexter Sinister; Mar 12th, 2012 at 01:34 AM..

Cliffy
I think if you take any group as an example, religious, political, sports and this forum, you will find the full gamut of personalities from radical to moderate. It is kind of silly to pigeon hole any group. People should be taken as individuals, not by what they believe. I don't think Islam is any different from any other religion. I think they seem to have more wackos but that is probably because the media has been obsessed by them to the exclusion of others.

mentalfloss
Right - and that thread is just as intolerable as this one.

If it comes to something of a religious context, we need to stop it with the myspace headlines.

DaSleeper
+1
Nice to see that you and goreabfet are of the same mind
Quote:

Post #1558131 - Re: Fed up with Islam Yet??? Bad gore0bsessed

Post #1558131 - Re: Fed up with Islam Yet??? Bad mentalfloss

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Nice to see that you and goreabfet are of the same mind

Omg we both rated a crappy post as crappy. We must both be extreeeeeeeme islamists or something.

Geez, no wonder these threads are dumb as nails.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Omg we both rated a crappy post as crappy. We must both be extreeeeeeeme islamists or something.

Geez, no wonder these threads are dumb as nails.

There you go....a gold star for for the brilliant 9 year old...

mentalfloss

There you go....a gold star for for the brilliant 9 year old...

Like I said - you and Bear make it easy for me to point out the obvious attacks.

Now move along and continue with Islam.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Like I said - you and Bear make it easy for me to point out the obvious attacks.

Now move along and continue with Islam.

Why don't you "move along" and find some more C/P's to post and show how much of an ideologue you are....

mentalfloss

Why don't you "move along" and find some more C/P's to post and show how much of an ideologue you are....

gore0bsessed
+2
DaSleeper is impressive in the fact he's successfully has trolled these forums for years and still remains a member.