Fed up with Islam Yet???

L Gilbert
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

That's cause you have a dirty mind.

Nope. I looked into it. It's clean as a whistle, just a little nawty.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

It's ok Vanni, you aren't alone in the world. There are many people just like you, who think forcing people to think just like themselves is good for all.

Not forcing anyone to think like me...just forcing them to think...

See that's one of the problems I have with religion, is that it forces you to stop thinking and just accept...and for one that professes to not be religious, you seem to be caught in that trap yourself...

Free your mind brother...

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni FucciView Post

How do you outlaw religion, without force?

Quote:

See that's one of the problems I have with religion, is that it forces you to stop thinking and just accept...and for one that professes to not be religious, you seem to be caught in that trap yourself...

Really? How so?

Quote:

I tried to show that I have, you attacked me for it.

L Gilbert
+2

Nope. It doesn't force people to quit thinking unless they allow it to do that. I know of quite a few religious people who think very well.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Nope. It doesn't force people to quit thinking unless they allow it to do that. I know of quite a few religious people who think very well.

As do I Gilbert, but when it comes to thinking outside the confines of their faith that's where we find the greatest intellectual disconnect...I"m not saying religious people are necessarily stupid, unless it comes to thinking critically about their religious beliefs...

mentalfloss
Yea, **** Islam!

Down with all those peeps!! KILL 'EM ALL!!!!

CDNBear
Were my questions to hard again Vanni?

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Yea, **** Islam!

Down with all those peeps!! KILL 'EM ALL!!!!

Geeze Fuzzy, you could at least use an original pic, if you're going to rip off the premise of your rhetoric.

SLM
+2

As do I Gilbert, but when it comes to thinking outside the confines of their faith that's where we find the greatest intellectual disconnect...I"m not saying religious people are necessarily stupid, unless it comes to thinking critically about their religious beliefs...

What exactly would "critical thinking about their religious beliefs" consist of exactly? That they're wrong?

mentalfloss

Were my questions to hard again Vanni?

Geeze Fuzzy, you could at least use an original pic, if you're going to rip off the premise of your rhetoric.

I was just quoting the OP.

Put your pitchfork down.

CDNBear

Put your pitchfork down.

Oh, so you admit, yet again, to not knowing what's going on.

You really should stop commenting without knowing what's been said.

You just look foolish.

mentalfloss

Oh, so you admit, yet again, to not knowing what's going on.

You really should stop commenting without knowing what's been said.

You just look foolish.

Fed up with Islam Yet???

L Gilbert
+1

I mostly agree, but as no-one can prove or disprove the existences of gods, how would you explain to a theist or a deist that they cannot think critically? Their belief may actually be true.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

What exactly would "critical thinking about their religious beliefs" consist of exactly? That they're wrong?

Pretty much, but you'd have to arrive at that conclusion yourself, otherwise I might be accused of forcing you to think like me...

CDNBear

Fed up with Islam Yet???

Put your pitchfork down.

You just can't make this kind of hypocrisy up...

Shut your mouth unless you know wtf it is that you're talking about.

LOL, do you follow your own advice?

Pretty much, but you'd have to arrive at that conclusion yourself, otherwise I might be accused of forcing you to think like me...

My questions to hard for you again?

Goober
+2

So when they disagree with you, clearly they are not thinking properly.
Questions - How many asses do you have?

SLM
+3

I"m not saying religious people are necessarily stupid, unless it comes to thinking critically about their religious beliefs...

So therefore any religious person who doesn't think like you do then is stupid.

Do you honestly not see how this is absolutely no different than some fanatical bible thumper telling people that they will go to hell if they don't believe exactly like they do? Because from my point of view, they are exactly the same.

Why should your views have to be respected but no one else's does?

MHz

...I"m not saying religious people are necessarily stupid, unless it comes to thinking critically about their religious beliefs...

Delusional is the correct term, why would you expect everyone who reads the Bible to get it if most of the world is naive enough to fall for a stated deception. Even when told what it will be people still don't spot it very easily. The Book isn't stupid it's the ones who pick it up and fail to grasp what's the words mean.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The Book isn't stupid it's the ones who pick it up and fail to grasp what's the words mean.

Too many different interpretations for it to be a book of truth...who's truth should it be today then?

CDNBear
+1

Too many different interpretations for it to be a book of truth...who's truth should it be today then?

Still can't answer those difficult questions eh.

Very, very telling.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

So when they disagree with you, clearly they are not thinking properly.
Questions - How many asses do you have?

It's not that they disagree with me that bugs me, it's when they disagree with reality...

Still can't answer those difficult questions eh.

Wait for it...taking it from all sides here...I'll get back to you...

CDNBear
+1

It's not that they disagree with me that bugs me, it's when they disagree with reality...

So how should you be treated when you ignore reality?.

Quote:

Waiting for the Rev to write a reply for you?

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Delusional is the correct term, why would you expect everyone who reads the Bible to get it if most of the world is naive enough to fall for a stated deception. Even when told what it will be people still don't spot it very easily. The Book isn't stupid it's the ones who pick it up and fail to grasp what's the words mean.

Nope. That just makes them ignorant. If I gave you a book titled "Molecular Evolutionary Genetics" you'd likely not understand much of it. But does that make you stupid?

Goober

Disagreeing with what your reality bugs you. How upsetting is that, have you sought out help. This can cause long term emotional and social interaction issues.

Again - How many asses do you have?

mentalfloss

LOL, do you follow your own advice?

Yes, we all know taking out of context quotes and lying is your forte.

CDNBear

Yes, we all know taking out of context quotes and lying is your forte.

That's not out of context, it was bang on target. Your other BS claim, is well, just silly.

mentalfloss

That's not out of context, it was bang on target. Your other BS claim, is well, just silly.

First of all, it was in self-defense, not an attack - like your posts.

Now stfu and get back to the thread.

L Gilbert
+2
Seems like people are fed up with the topic of being fed up with Islam.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Seems like people are fed up with the topic of being fed up with Islam.

That tends to happen. We had a great free range cheese discussion this morning in I can't even remember what thread it was.

Goober

First of all, it was in self-defense, not an attack - like your posts.

Now stfu and get back to the thread.

No - We are waiting from a reply from the Supreme Decider. But I suppose we can discuss Islam until his return.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

That tends to happen. We had a great free range cheese discussion this morning in I can't even remember what thread it was.

And I missed it? Damn! I love cheesy conversations.

http://www.thefiftybest.com/food/best_cheese/