Fed up with Islam Yet???

Cannuck
+2
Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

If having members that support terror paints the entire group as supporting terror then it works for all groups.

Vanni Fucci
+1
I remember reading a few years back about problems in India and Sri Lanka where the Christians would be attacking the Buddhists and vice versa...can you imagine? Buddhists attacking and destroying Christian churches??

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni FucciView Post

Buddhists attacking and destroying Christian churches??

Wouldn't really surprise (external - login to view) me.

Vanni Fucci
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Wouldn't really surprise (external - login to view) me.

It's not surprising that it didn't surprise you, but for anyone who is in any way informed about the world religions and their core message, it does come as a bit of a shock...

CDNBear
+2

It's not surprising that it didn't surprise you, but for anyone who is in any way informed about the world religions and their core message, it does come as a bit of a shock...

Ummm, it didn't come as a shock to me, because I'm informed about beliefs and religions from around the globe. But don't let that stop you from making a fool of yourself.

Anyways, the fact that you obviously didn't read the link in my post, and obviously aren't very well informed about world beliefs and religions, aside.

When asked about my beliefs, I've found after reading about many religions/beliefs, the best description would be, Buddhist.

But that's only because I'm pretty well informed about many beliefs and religions of the world.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I'm not arguing with you. I'm making fun of you. You clearly have no idea what Islam is or isn't yet you continue to post the same nonsense over and over again.

Let's see...

Islam is a death cult that holds up as an example a seventh century psychotic genocidal murderer, rapist, war monger and pedophile. Islam brooks no dissent, calls for the murder of homosexuals, apostates, and pagans. Islam holds that no authority exists except that of Allah and sharia, which promotes the oppression of women. Islam commands jihad against the unbeliever, until the world is submissive to the will of Allah. Islam celebrates in the hadith the genocidal killing of all Jews before judgement day......

Now perhaps, o Wise One, you could point out the error in my thinking.

Good Luck, you'll need it.

Vanni Fucci

Ummm, it didn't come as a shock to me, because I'm informed about beliefs and religions from around the globe. But don't let that stop you from making a fool of yourself.

Ok

Quote:

When asked about my beliefs, I've found after reading about many religions/beliefs, the best description would be, Buddhist.

Oh I don't know about that...you're penchant for launching attacks on those with dissenting viewpoints puts you more in line with the Jihadists...

Quote:

But that's only because I'm pretty well informed about many beliefs and religions of the world.

Allahu Akbar!!

heheh

CDNBear
+2

Oh I don't know about that...you're penchant for launching attacks on those with dissenting viewpoints puts you more in line with the Jihadists...

Hmmm. How do you feel about the fact that you attacked me, for my non-aggressive, non confrontational, simply put reply "Wouldn't surprise me". With accusations that I wasn't well informed about world religions?

Or how about the attack in the quote above?

Quote:

Allahu Akbar!!

heheh

Interesting. Please go on with your enlightened whining about my attacks.

BTW, I have no issues with opposing points of view. I give thumbs up, to well written, opposing arguments all the time. I just like playing with the ideologues and partisan hacks.

I'm not quite sure which one you are yet. But time will remove all doubt.

Colpy
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

I don't see how you're disagreeing with me, the point I made was that Islam's about 14 centuries old and it's behaving about like 14th century Christianity did, nothing you cited disputes that. It's certainly true that Islam once had a golden age, and actually that is a factor in the present behaviour of its extremists, who think the golden age was lost because Allah turned his face away from them as a punishment for straying from the true path. They believe what they have to do is go back to 7th century practices and Allah will smile upon them again and restore the golden age.
The real fault, if it can be laid at any one person's door, belongs to Imam Hamid al-Ghazali, Islam's equivalent of Aquinas. Baghdad between the 9th and 12th centuries was the intellectual centre of the world, a community of Islamic, Christian, Jewish, and other scholars free to investigate and share ideas. That intellectual community generated significant advances in medicine, astronomy, mathematics, navigation, engineering, etc., as well as preserving much of the legacy of classical Greece and Rome. Al-Ghazali codified and standardized the practice of Islam, wrote it all down and, among other great leaps backward, branded mathematics as the work of the devil. Revelation replaced investigation as the primary source of knowledge, he cut that intellectual community off at the knees, and it never recovered. That's what religion with secular power does.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Exactly correct.

And it completely defeats your argument that Islam is simply behaving as Christianity did, and is in the same phase Christianity was 600 years ago.....

In the twelveth century Islam was far more advanced than Christianity in all the disciplines you list, and was quite tolerant of other religions..........then they went all fundamentalist on us, and have devolved while Christianity evolved. So, if we were in the same place at the outset of early modern history, it is disingenuous to argue that Islam is behind us because they have not had the time required to evolve........

Especially as Islam continues to devolve, and becomes less tolerant of other religions.........

gerryh

Hmmm. How do you feel about the fact that you attacked me, for my non-aggressive, non confrontational, simply put reply "Wouldn't surprise me". With accusations that I wasn't well informed about world religions?

Or how about the attack in the quote above?

Slow down Bear, you're gonna end up chasing poor vanni away. Remeber, he doesn't have rev blair here anymore to protect him.

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Let's see...

Islam is a death cult that holds up as an example a seventh century psychotic genocidal murderer, rapist, war monger and pedophile. Islam brooks no dissent, calls for the murder of homosexuals, apostates, and pagans. Islam holds that no authority exists except that of Allah and sharia, which promotes the oppression of women. Islam commands jihad against the unbeliever, until the world is submissive to the will of Allah. Islam celebrates in the hadith the genocidal killing of all Jews before judgement day......

Now perhaps, o Wise One, you could point out the error in my thinking.

Good Luck, you'll need it.

No time right now. Off to Banff

https://awwoa.ab.ca/home/content/80 (external - login to view)

(I know how important it is for CB to be informed of my whereabouts when I'm not on line. I'll pick up the conversation in a week)

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Slow down Bear, you're gonna end up chasing poor vanni away. Remeber, he doesn't have rev blair here anymore to protect him.

LOL, my bad, I don't want to chase anyone away. I'm just wondering why he keeps whining about me attacking people, when he attacks me for innocent/innocuous comments like "Wouldn't surprise me". Since I'm under no delusions as to whether or not Buddhists can be violent.

He seems a tad disingenuous or daft, if you ask me.

(I know how important it is for CB to be informed of my whereabouts when I'm not on line. I'll pick up the conversation in a week)

Good boy. Given your admitted stupidity, I figured it would be easy to train you.

gerryh

LOL, my bad, I don't want to chase anyone away. I'm just wondering why he keeps whining about me attacking people, when he attacks me for innocent/innocuous comments like "Wouldn't surprise me". Since I'm under no delusions as to whether or not Buddhists can be violent.

He seems a tad disingenuous or daft, if you ask me.

Good boy. Given your admitted stupidity, I figured it would be easy to train you.

This is nothing to what he was like when he had rev blair covering his backside.

petros
+6
Just incase y'all miss me....I'm going to the john. I'll be back in 3-4 mins....

SLM

Why, are they serving coffee there?

Vanni Fucci

LMAO

It's kinda cute that you think I care what you say...had to force myself from my usual apathetic langour to type what I have to counter your mindless twaddle...you really do overestimate your worth here I think...

CDNBear

This is nothing to what he was like when he had rev blair covering his backside.

Must be before my time. I thought he was a noob the first time he attack me.

Colpy
+1

https://awwoa.ab.ca/home/content/80 (external - login to view)

It will wait....don't forget....in seven days you default.

gerryh

Nope, not a noob, just a twat.

Colpy

I do remember the Rev. Blair.....he abandoned ship when it became obvious he was going to be extensively challenged on board....

CDNBear

LMAO

It's kinda cute that you think I care what you say...had to force myself from my usual apathetic langour to type what I have to counter your mindless twaddle...

You mean like apparently knowing more about world beliefs and religions than you?

Quote:

...you really do overestimate your worth here I think...

Actually, I really don't place a value on my presence here. Apparently you place a value on me though. Thank you.

I do enjoy watching people like you, and Jimmy, typical blow hards, stuff your feet in your mouths, than try and shift blame.

Please do carry on, your hypocrisy, is wonderfully entertaining.

Nope, not a noob, just a twat.

Apparently.

Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I do remember the Rev. Blair.....he abandoned ship when it became obvious he was going to be extensively challenged on board....

I thought he was banished after a failed coup.

Vanni Fucci
+1
Alright, back on topic then...I'm tired of all religions...outlaw them all I say, and the world will be a better place for everyone...

CDNBear

Alright, back on topic then...

If you want to stay on topic, why would you launch an unprovoked attack?

Your logical inconsistency is paralleled by your hypocrisy.

Quote:

I'm tired of all religions...outlaw them all I say, and the world will be a better place for everyone...

I somewhat agree.

Funny how that is eh?

petros
+4
Back. Sorry it took so long. I got caught up in the Reader's Digest and some french toast recipes.

gerryh
+2

Alright, back on topic then...I'm tired of all religions...outlaw them all I say, and the world will be a better place for everyone...

Typical simplistic, unthought out solution. Religion is used as an excuse, even if it was outlawed, people would still find excuses to do the terrible things they do. But the statement is right in line with your previous simplistic and idiotic statements when blair was here. Obviously you haven't learned or grown at all in the years between...... or between the ears.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Back. Sorry it took so long. I got caught up in the Reader's Digest and some french toast recipes.

which issue? We have a subscription and I haven't seen em.

Goober

So after religions Mr. Tolerance there is always number 2 that has to be taken care of as well. Yes then number 3. Perhaps a list, you're checking it twice, what should be illegal according to your choice.

Atheist Alain de Botton challenges Christopher Hitchens' assertion that

Vanni Fucci
I don't feel that disavowing the belief in and reverence for invisible wizard folk requires me to grow up at all...I left those silly notions behind me in my pre-teens...

I do agree with you though that people would make up some other excuse to commit attrocities, but it would be a step in the right direction...

Goober
+1

I don't feel that disavowing the belief in and reverence for invisible wizard folk requires me to grow up at all...I left those silly notions behind me in my pre-teens...

I do agree with you though that people would make up some other excuse to commit attrocities, but it would be a step in the right direction...

Niether of us can prove we are right or wrong regarding Religion.

Vanni Fucci
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Niether of us can prove we are right or wrong regarding Religion.

Yes I can...

Goober
+1

Yes I can...

No you can't.

Argument Clinic - YouTube