Ottawa woman launches lamest discrimination claim ever

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The world is full of pain and tragedy. In Syria, government forces continue their military operations against rebel strongholds, leading some prominent Americans to call for airstrikes. In North Korea, starvation remains a real and present danger for millions. In Mexico, there is genuine concern that fighting between rival drug cartels could cause the country to essentially collapse.
Closer to home, in Ottawa, there’s the woman who has a hard time fitting her car into her driveway. Plus, she’s a mother. Obviously a human rights issue.

The woman, Pamela Howson, has a tale of sorrow and woe that is hard to hear. She had asked Ottawa to allow her to build a parking pad on her front yard, but the city told her she’d need to apply to the minor variance committee. But she wasn’t having any of that, and who can blame her, given the ordeal she’s had to endure. She was practically forced to turn to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario to address the city’s callous discrimination against her — it turns out that her car is 2.25 metres wide, but in order to get to her parking space behind her house, she has to pass through a driveway that’s only 2.6 metres wide. That’s a mere 6.7 inches of clearance per side. Can you even imagine such cruelty?

more

Pamela Howson: Ottawa woman launches the lamest discrimination claim ever | Full Comment | National Post

Howson is a former investigator for the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
HRT= Human Rights Terrorists? LOL

That works, lol.

It ticks me off to no end when the abusers of a system, regardless of what system it is, become the ones to define it.

Some people just need a lot of sense slapped into them don't they?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That works, lol.

It ticks me off to no end when the abusers of a system, regardless of what system it is, become the ones to define it.

Some people just need a lot of sense slapped into them don't they?
Yep.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Ya see now, public torture would work well in this case, I mean... if you're going to be hauled before an HRT court anyways, it might as well be for something substantial.

just sayin

I don't know how to quote you SLM, but I couldn't agree more.
Well said!

I quoted you by clicking on the 'quick reply' tab at the bottom left-hand side of your post.

welcome!

Fluffy

Mar 7, 2012
Ya see now, public torture would work well in this case, I mean... if you're going to be hauled before an HRT court anyways, it might as well be for something substantial.

just sayin

I quoted you by clicking on the 'quick reply' tab at the bottom left-hand side of your post.

welcome!

Thank you!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Well my employer is forcing me to drive a full sized Mercedes minibus on city streets and highways both-I may have a case!

I have to park my Silverado crew cab and my girlfriend's Explorer in a garage that only has a 13' door. I have a case on 2 points...the size of the door and parking next to a Ford. :roll:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't know how to quote you SLM, but I couldn't agree more.
Well said!

Thank you. I also accept thumbs up. ;) Lol.

Well my employer is forcing me to drive a full sized Mercedes minibus on city streets and highways both-I may have a case!

I have to park my Silverado crew cab and my girlfriend's Explorer in a garage that only has a 13' door. I have a case on 2 points...the size of the door and parking next to a Ford. :roll:

The inhumanity!