Man ticketed for talking on cell phone while driving-

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
If these cops see you glancing down they may believe you're texting or if you have a chocolate bar in your hand they can very likely ticket you for using a cell phone.

Merely looking at your phone to see what time it is can get you a ticket.

And just remember, you can never tell a cop anything and certainly never tell them that they're wrong

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How did Colpy come to mind? Isn't that guy about 25 years older than him?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
This confuses me..

"I got to go to my cellphone provider and make sure that they're sending me records," he said. "It's going to cost me to print up all the information."

If he does not have a cell phone why would he need to go to his cellphone provider to print up records..

Did I miss something here??

Yep, you did. Different motorist,

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I kind of wonder how cops can charge people with using cellphones while driving and they themselves use their radios while driving.

No kidding! They're always on their cell phones. Not to mention they're free to drink and drive providing they don't hurt anyone in a wreck.

Here in NB, cops are specifically exempt from the cell phone laws.

Yes they do the same thing here in Massachusetts. The law applies to everyone but cops, firefighters, and judges. Isn't that so fair?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A camera similar to those in laptops should be installed on the driver's side of the dash in every private vehicle. This camera would be active while the vehicle is in motion and would record every action of the driver. Files would be uploaded to the constabulary for review. If the driver were seen to talk on a cell, eat, read a newspaper, or engage in any behaviour deemed as distracted, summons would be issued for every infraction. We could eliminate sales taxes and reduce income taxes considerably.

Public shamings could be instituted for repeat offenders; bring back the stocks!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A camera similar to those in laptops should be installed on the driver's side of the dash in every private vehicle. This camera would be active while the vehicle is in motion and would record every action of the driver. Files would be uploaded to the constabulary for review. If the driver were seen to talk on a cell, eat, read a newspaper, or engage in any behaviour deemed as distracted, summons would be issued for every infraction. We could eliminate sales taxes and reduce income taxes considerably.

Public shamings could be instituted for repeat offenders; bring back the stocks!

Great idea, Spade, but I'm not sure George Orwell would approve (if he were still here) :lol: