Rabbi infects baby with Herpes and baby dies

Locutus
A two-week old boy died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a religious circumcision ritual that ignited controversy in 2005 after another infant died, the Daily News has learned.

The unidentified infant died Sept. 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner, who confirmed the death after a News inquiry.

The cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”
City officials declined to comment Friday.

It’s unclear who performed the circumcision.

TenPenny
+1
Genital mutilation is alive and well.

dumpthemonarchy
The rabbi should be charged with murder.

Spade
+1
The other side
WHO | World Health Organization
Male circumcision, if performed for health reasons, should be done in a hospital by a doctor. For religious reasons? I am sure the gods are indifferent.

gopher
+1
I was on another forum where there was a HUGE dispute about this. As always there's a gender based double standard in treating children or people but nothing ever seems to get done about it. This abhorrent practice should be banned and anyone found doing it should be arrested for attempted murder.

Galadriel
"Oral Suction" ? I thought circumcision was done with a knife ? This reads more like paedophilia - perhaps any Jewish members would care to enlighten me ?

spaminator
how did the rabbi get herpes?

p.s. was jesus circumcised? i guess he could have used his power to grow his foreskin back.

Spade
Q: How do you circumcise a whale?

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

how did the rabbi get herpes?

p.s. was jesus circumcised? i guess he could have used his power to grow his foreskin back.

That is assuming that it made any difference to him. I've never missed mine. I think those crazies in California who put weights on their ****s in a vane attempt to stretch their skin to have their foreskins back are completely off their tree. I'm sure their shrinks are making a bundle off these fruit loops.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Q: How do you circumcise whale?

Chain saw? Broad sword and a snorkel?

How do you circumcise a porcupine? .............. Very Carefully!

Spade
+3
#10  Top Rated Post
A: Send down four skin divers.

spaminator

Q: How do you circumcise a whale?

you don't.

Spade
Whales aren't Jewish?

If they are, was Jonah kosher?

spaminator
+1

Whales aren't Jewish?

I was referring to trying to circumcise an angry giant monstrosity. you would end up getting swallowed whole.

Nuggler
+1
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...9RDPsg&cad=rja

Jewish Whales.///////

Spade
Great joke!

Nuggler

Great joke!

Thank you. Not mine, but I WILL be using it in the near future

#juan
+1
I thought this were a simple case of Herpes transferred accidentally by unsterile instruments. Apparently there is an old Jewish ritual that has the Rabbi take the blood from the wound with his mouth. Paedophilia or child abuse by any other name.

Sparrow

The other side
WHO | World Health Organization
Male circumcision, if performed for health reasons, should be done in a hospital by a doctor. For religious reasons? I am sure the gods are indifferent.

Just like they scared people into getting the H1N1 vaccine?

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by GaladrielView Post

"Oral Suction" ? I thought circumcision was done with a knife ? This reads more like paedophilia - perhaps any Jewish members would care to enlighten me ?

After the foreskin is cut, it is removed by the rabbi with his teeth:

Circumcision, Talmud Style

Galadriel
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

After the foreskin is cut, it is removed by the rabbi with his teeth:

Circumcision, Talmud Style

Thanks for the link.

DaSleeper
+1
There is also the "french cut".....but the most painfull is the "Bobitt Cut"

Nuggler
We silly "Christians" used to supersize our male kids too, in the name of cleanliness and medical convenience I guess. But it was done in the O.R. and I don't remember anyone biting the end off mine..,...............oww, Jeez that's nasty.

A friend of mine didn't get supersized till he was an adult, and had a terrible, painful, time of it. No sex for quite some time. Hurt to pee. All that nice stuff.

Foreskinned is forewarned..................or something.

TenPenny
Wow, and some people on this forum talk about Muslims following a 'pedophile'; here we have religious leaders who bite the foreskin off babies.

Wow, just wow.

Spade
The gods gave men foreskins; we must cherish them. Evolution can't be wrong.

55Mercury
if you get enough of them, you can make a lamp shade.

Spade
There you go, praising Christian Germany's technology again!

wulfie68
+1
All other crass commentary aside, I feel for the parents. I hope they find comfort in their religious beliefs, especially given that they are a contributor in the baby's death. I'll also say that my wife and I (both theist agnostic) researched the issue of medical circumcision with our little guy (now an energetic 2 1/2 yr old) and opted to have it done, after reading up and consulting with physicians. But it was a Dr. who did it she didn't use her teeth but rather sterile medical equipment. I'm not about to condemn anyone on any side of this issue except to say that it is the responsibility of the parents to make informed decisions on what is best for their child.

Goober
+1

The gods gave men foreskins; we must cherish them. Evolution can't be wrong.

I can see how some men would need the foreskin in order to get a grip on things.

Spade
Others who research circumcision, opt against it. Pesonally, I respect either decision. But, even in sterile conditions, there are risks to the baby. And, of course, painful. Ideally, it should be done in adulthood, when the man can make his own decision.

In our culture, circumcision is bound to religion. Not always the best guide for medical procedures.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I can see how some men would need the foreskin in order to get a grip on things.

You need it to tie rocks to the member. The poster Stretch will attest to that.

Arguments against.
12 Reasons to Say "No" to Circumcision
Last edited by Spade; Mar 7th, 2012 at 01:41 PM..

TenPenny
+1
It is interesting that genital mutilation is alive and well. As long as it's boys who are being mutilated, not girls.