Rabbi infects baby with Herpes and baby dies

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A two-week old boy died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a religious circumcision ritual that ignited controversy in 2005 after another infant died, the Daily News has learned.

The unidentified infant died Sept. 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner, who confirmed the death after a News inquiry.

The cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”
City officials declined to comment Friday.

It’s unclear who performed the circumcision.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I was on another forum where there was a HUGE dispute about this. As always there's a gender based double standard in treating children or people but nothing ever seems to get done about it. This abhorrent practice should be banned and anyone found doing it should be arrested for attempted murder.

Galadriel

Jun 14, 2009
"Oral Suction" ? I thought circumcision was done with a knife ? This reads more like paedophilia - perhaps any Jewish members would care to enlighten me ?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
how did the rabbi get herpes?

p.s. was jesus circumcised?
i guess he could have used his power to grow his foreskin back.;)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
how did the rabbi get herpes?

p.s. was jesus circumcised?
i guess he could have used his power to grow his foreskin back.;)
That is assuming that it made any difference to him. I've never missed mine. I think those crazies in California who put weights on their dicks in a vane attempt to stretch their skin to have their foreskins back are completely off their tree. I'm sure their shrinks are making a bundle off these fruit loops.

Q: How do you circumcise whale?
Chain saw? Broad sword and a snorkel?

How do you circumcise a porcupine? .............. Very Carefully!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I thought this were a simple case of Herpes transferred accidentally by unsterile instruments. Apparently there is an old Jewish ritual that has the Rabbi take the blood from the wound with his mouth. Paedophilia or child abuse by any other name.