Top dentists make $1 million on reserves


CDNBear
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

The primary point is that aboriginals are getting this service for free.

So do union leaches. Well, free for them anyways. taxpayers still foot the bill.

Quote:

Dental service was not mentioned in any treaty made in earlier centuries.

Health and well being is though.
 
lone wolf
+1
#32
Don'cha get free dental care in prison too?
 
CDNBear
+1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Don'cha get free dental care in prison too?

So do new immigrants (external - login to view) and welfare recipients.
 
lone wolf
#34
Welfare recipients?.... uh ...no. Just emergency stuff. I'd still have my teeth otherwise.
 
CDNBear
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Welfare recipients?.... uh ...no. Just emergency stuff. I'd still have my teeth otherwise.

My bad, I was under the impression that they got dental care.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#36
A few words in treaties can mean anything forever to some people. Is that using the strict American enterpretation of the constittution, whatever the found fathers said, that's what it means? Well, they never heard of the internet, and George Washington had wooden teeth.

Treaties are one of the best word games ever invented, fed by lawyers. Time to end these openended social programs. Indians have no power and we don't need them any more is the real bottom line here. It's all about an orderly transition to a post-treaty world. The current fantasy needs to encounter reality.
 
lone wolf
#37
A world without treaties.... I hope you're alone on it.
 
CDNBear
+2
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

A few words in treaties can mean anything forever to some people. Is that using the strict American enterpretation of the constittution, whatever the found fathers said, that's what it means? Well, they never heard of the internet, and George Washington had wooden teeth.

The treaties, like the Constitution, are a living document. The Founding Fathers dictated such, in regards to the Constitution. The Crown made it so with the Treaties, when they claimed as such, to exploit First Nations and resources.

Quote:

Treaties are one of the best word games ever invented, fed by lawyers.

They've been dealt with legally for years. Lawyers or not, they are binding.

Quote:

Time to end these openended social programs.

Indians have no power and we don't need them any more is the real bottom line here.

You don't have to keep confirming your penchant for fascism.

Quote:

The current fantasy needs to encounter reality.

I've been saying that about your posts for a long time. I'm glad you finally admit it though.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

The treaties, like the Constitution, are a living document. The Founding Fathers dictated such, in regards to the Constitution. The Crown made it so with the Treaties, when they claimed as such, to exploit First Nations and resources.

The Canadian consititution is different from the dogmatic mysticism in the USA consittiion, they revere theirs, we don't. Canadians are a practical people, not hung up by ideology, or trying to figure out what people were thinking over 200 years ago. The crown and monarchy meant a great deal during when Canada felt itself to be a British country, now the public doesn't feel so British and the old attitudes lack meaning. Not too long ago, Italians were considered outsiders, not any more. Segregation is out, integration is in. That's the new name of the game for everyone in Canada.
 
PoliticalNick
#40
The big ugly of this situation in my opinion is that billions of dollars are culled from hard-working taxpayers to give free everything to a few. They get free medical, dental, post-secondary education, housing, etc. If I got half the handouts the Indians do I would be way richer than I am. It really is about time to integrate all as Canadians and share the wealth and expense equally.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#41
This article talks how the govt underfunds child services for aboriginal children. They talk about the "honour of the crown" and it's always about getting more money money money. It would be far more honourable for the crown and govt of Canada to stop making a separate, tax supported race of people in the country, and make aboriginals Canadians like everyone else. Life is not always about the money all the time.

www.montrealgazette.com/news/...595/story.html (external - login to view)
 
damngrumpy
#42
CDNBear yest a treaty is a living document and well they should be. I would never like
to see treaties torn up as that would leave government open to do any number of nasty
things to everyone. Treaties are constitutions and one has been torn up in the past. It
was not a native treaty but an agreement in perpetuity. It was an agreement between
the farmers on the Prairie and the Railroads and government. It was called the Crow
Rate. Where the price to ship grain would not rise in exchange for the railways getting
substantial land holdings across the country. I think originally it was ten miles on either
side of the tracks where the train went through. or something like that.
Anyway the price of shipment has gone up substantially since they scrapped the crow
rate as it was called.
Treaties were and are a part of Canadian History, as opposed to murder and genocide
as in the United States. The treaties are the only thing left for native peoples to hold onto
as they were lied to about everything else. As a citizen of Canada I do not begrudge the
treaty system and its benefits at all, the only concern I have from time to time is how the
money is being distributed and spent other than that leave things alone.
 
TenPenny
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

The big ugly of this situation in my opinion is that billions of dollars are culled from hard-working taxpayers to give free everything to a few. They get free medical, dental, post-secondary education, housing, etc. If I got half the handouts the Indians do I would be way richer than I am. It really is about time to integrate all as Canadians and share the wealth and expense equally.

Along with the handouts, you'd have to accept all the societal issues, too.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

A few words in treaties can mean anything forever to some people. Is that using the strict American enterpretation of the constittution, whatever the found fathers said, that's what it means? Well, they never heard of the internet, and George Washington had wooden teeth.

Treaties are one of the best word games ever invented, fed by lawyers. Time to end these openended social programs. Indians have no power and we don't need them any more is the real bottom line here. It's all about an orderly transition to a post-treaty world. The current fantasy needs to encounter reality.

lol A treaty is a contract, fool. Contracts state the parameters. If the parameters say "forever" they mean forever. If the say "good health and welfare", they mean it. Did you not read your mortgage contract all the way through? They are detailed, dimwit.

Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

The Canadian consititution is different from the dogmatic mysticism in the USA consittiion, they revere theirs, we don't. Canadians are a practical people, not hung up by ideology, or trying to figure out what people were thinking over 200 years ago. The crown and monarchy meant a great deal during when Canada felt itself to be a British country, now the public doesn't feel so British and the old attitudes lack meaning. Not too long ago, Italians were considered outsiders, not any more. Segregation is out, integration is in. That's the new name of the game for everyone in Canada.

That's just your narrow viewpoint. You don't speak for everyone.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#45
Some old fashioned fogeys here.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Some old fashioned fogeys here.

Irrelevant.
Try getting citizenship without a treaty or contract. Try getting a car without a contract. Try getting a house without a contract. Try just getting a bank account without a contract.
Grow up.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#47
People die, contracts end. People move, contracts end. Payouts are made, contracts end. Get with the program.
 
CDNBear
+1
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

The Canadian consititution is different from the dogmatic mysticism in the USA consittiion, they revere theirs, we don't.

I don't need a civics lesson from the likes of you.

Quote:

Canadians are a practical people, not hung up by ideology, or trying to figure out what people were thinking over 200 years ago.

Who are you speaking for? Because you certainly don't speak for all Canadians.

Quote:

The crown and monarchy meant a great deal during when Canada felt itself to be a British country, now the public doesn't feel so British and the old attitudes lack meaning.

Irrelevant.

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

They get free medical, dental, post-secondary education, housing, etc.

It isn't free, we traded land for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

As a citizen of Canada I do not begrudge the
treaty system and its benefits at all, the only concern I have from time to time is how the
money is being distributed and spent
other than that leave things alone.

You'll get no argument from me.

Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

People die, contracts end. People move, contracts end. Payouts are made, contracts end. Get with the program.

You keep babbling that. You keep getting PWND for it.

You know there's an analogy in there about your insanity.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#49
Oh yes, the trade that lasts forever. Like that baseball game with endless innings, it just goes on and on. How romantic.

That's the problem with aboriginals, they never say, "Okay, this is good enough." They contest forever on the taxpayer's dime, forget it. Canadians won't always put up with a group that always wants to be an outsider, but wants the crown jewels to constantly keep flowing their way. It is an unsustainable development for the country.
 
CDNBear
+1
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Oh yes, the trade that lasts forever.

Yes, because that is how the contract was written. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Quote:

That's the problem with aboriginals, they never say, "Okay, this is good enough."

Why would only one party to the contract say that, while the other keeps taking?
 
damngrumpy
+1
#51
How many times do people have to explain things on this matter? Dumpthemonarchy says
the point of view is narrow. Its not about a point of view, its about the length of the contract.
The length of the contract was written to say Forever what is so difficult about that? How
long is forever? Its forever. God this is starting to sound like a proof is a proof is a proof.

The big problem here was in the deceit that was being performed so many years ago. The
Great White Father or Mother or whatever the description was, didn't mean it to last forever
they were just intent on stealing all the land they could from a people who were being over
run by settlers. They more or less said alright we will take your land and limit your access
to the nation in exchange for this land over here that does not seem all that valuable at this
time. And we will give you this land Forever done.

The problem is the not so good land has some of the best water, oil, timber and minerals and
some would like to take it back now that time has past. The Native Peoples will have none of
it and I don't blame them. I do not begrudge the term forever no matter how many people
want to twist the facts and the truth into something else. The constitution protects the people
that are effected and that is a good thing. This is not a narrow view it is the law of the land
.and is part of the national fabric of law.
 
Spade
+1
#52
If I were living in a remote community, I would give my eye teeth for a good dentist! Modern dentistry is a life saver.
 
TenPenny
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

That's the problem with aboriginals, they never say, "Okay, this is good enough." They contest forever on the taxpayer's dime, forget it. Canadians won't always put up with a group that always wants to be an outsider, but wants the crown jewels to constantly keep flowing their way. It is an unsustainable development for the country.

You hate aboriginals, you hate Asians.

You're one hateful mofo.

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

Fuktard.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If I were living in a remote community, I would give my eye teeth for a good dentist! Modern dentistry is a life saver.

Having spent a bit on dental work lately, it is very important. You've got to waste your money on something. I read that poor dental health, on average, can take six years off a person's life.

Tis a shame the laws of supply and demand don't apply on aboriginal reserves, where it is more important to maintain musty, dustry old treaties that make people suffer, than bring those people into the modern age. Apologists for corruption are simply blind. Those whining here against this positive change probably have good teeth.

============================

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You hate aboriginals, you hate Asians.

You're one hateful mofo.

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

Fuktard.

You hate yourself
 
CDNBear
+1
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Tis a shame the laws of supply and demand don't apply on aboriginal reserves, where it is more important to maintain musty, dustry old treaties that make people suffer, than bring those people into the modern age.

You mean like GRE, Rainbow? Those kind of modern, supply and demand businesses bringing commerce and income to the res?

Quote:

Apologists for corruption are simply blind.

Who's been apologizing for corruption? Besides mentalfuzz that is.

Quote:

Those whining here against this positive change probably have good teeth.

Of course, I look after them. When I broke one on a TIG rod, the first dentist messed it up. A second fixed the firsts, f!ck up.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If I were living in a remote community, I would give my eye teeth for a good dentist! Modern dentistry is a life saver.

Most people who work in regular jobs can afford this necessity, a wonder of modern medicine. Those who are stuck on third world reserves, cannot. This is injustice.
 
PoliticalNick
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Yes, because that is how the contract was written. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

The Magna Carta also contains a clause of perpetuity but you have previously said it is no longer valid. How is a 400 year old treaty different?

As I have asked before...are you a Canadian? Do you have a DL? Is it issued by your band or a Canadian government? What about your passport or your birth certificate? Are they Canadian or from your tribe/band? It is time for equality for all Canadians. Equal opportunity, equal responsibility, equal share of the burden and the wealth.
Last edited by PoliticalNick; Feb 23rd, 2012 at 05:02 PM..
 
dumpthemonarchy
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You hate aboriginals, you hate Asians.

You're one hateful mofo.

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

Fuktard.

You forgot the monarchy
 
CDNBear
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

The Magna Carta also contains a clause of perpetuity but you have previously said it is no longer valid.

LOL... No I didn't.

Quote:

How is a 400 year old treaty different?

The Magna Carta was th edocument that limited the powers of the Monarch, and preserved the basic rights of the citizenry. A treaty, borrowing tenets of the Magna Carta, is a contract between, in this case, the Crown and the original inhabitants of this land.
 
dumpthemonarchy
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

The Magna Carta also contains a clause of perpetuity but you have previously said it is no longer valid. How is a 400 year old treaty different?

Freedoms are based on the Magna Carta, forward looking thinking people don't completely take documents, treaties or contracts word for word. Magna Carta is about limiting arbitrary govt. It wrote of "free men", which now includes all people. It didn't then. But it took political pressure for this to occur. As a result, progress is being made as we speak.

And we can't say much progress has occurred for most aboriginals on their third world, corrupt, bantustan reserves for decades.
 

Similar Threads

0
Dentists' tombs unveiled south of Cairo
by CBC News | Oct 22nd, 2006
2
Oil Shale Reserves
by I think not | May 8th, 2006
no new posts