Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Shark devours another shark whole (Photo) | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think you're right. My son was always fascinated by sharks. I've seen more Shark Weeks than I care to remember, lol.

That would be the worst show to watch before going on a vacation where sharks are known to roam.;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That would be the worst show to watch before going on a vacation where sharks are known to roam.;)

My mom and grandmother took us to the drive in when we were kids to see Bambi. My brother and I sat in the back of the station wagon the entire time watching Jaws playing on the other screen. He wouldn't swim in the lake all that summer.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
My mom and grandmother took us to the drive in when we were kids to see Bambi. My brother and I sat in the back of the station wagon the entire time watching Jaws playing on the other screen. He wouldn't swim in the lake all that summer.

Wouldn't Bambi have been more traumatic to a young kid? You see Bambi's mom get killed after all!;)

And I heard that there were a LOT of people that wouldn't go swimming for a long time after watching Jaws. Of course, Jaws now seems pretty tame compared to today's standards.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think it's a Mud Shark. I must admit, it has pretty good camoflage.8O
The article says its a carpet shark. I have seen, even caught a mud shark and they don't look like that at all. In '69 I won a trip to the Caribbean island of Ibiza to go snorkeling (cartoon contest). A few days before we left I read a National Geographic issue that was entirely dedicated to sharks. Scared the crap out of me. Long story, but I was not very relaxed when snorkeling.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The shark doing the eating(the furry one) I believe, is a Wobbegong. I don't know
what the shark being eaten is.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The article says its a carpet shark. I have seen, even caught a mud shark and they don't look like that at all. In '69 I won a trip to the Caribbean island of Ibiza to go snorkeling (cartoon contest). A few days before we left I read a National Geographic issue that was entirely dedicated to sharks. Scared the crap out of me. Long story, but I was not very relaxed when snorkeling.

So much for it being a relaxing trip, eh Cliffy?;)