Turkey's first full face translant

selin
'It couldn't be better': Teenager who underwent face transplant sees himself in the mirror for the first time since operation
*Ugur Acar, 19, suffered serious burns to his face during a house fire when he was just 40 days old
*Teenager is first Turk to have face transplant

Read more: Teenager Ugur Acar undergoes face transplant sees his new visage for the first time | Mail Online

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by selinView Post

'It couldn't be better': Teenager who underwent face transplant sees himself in the mirror for the first time since operation
*Ugur Acar, 19, suffered serious burns to his face during a house fire when he was just 40 days old
*Teenager is first Turk to have face transplant

Read more: Teenager Ugur Acar undergoes face transplant sees his new visage for the first time | Mail Online

Interesting. I didn't know they could do that. The number of nerve endings in the face must be astronomical.

I had severe nerve damage throughout the upper right quadrant of my body 32 years ago. At first the nerves felt like they were cross wired because a mosquito bite on my back would itch on my chest. Now they seem to be rewiring back to normal, but it took all this time. This lad will have a hard time, I would think, adjusting to his new face,.

Walter
Did they transplant the wattle, too?