Arab league should increase sanctions 1 25.00%
Yes with armed force if required 0 0%
No - armed force should not be used 2 50.00%
Arab league to inform Russia China that a Veto would be unacceptable. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

MHz
Actually I feel a tad blue.

MHz
Check out Obama at the 1:53 min mark when he says 'we will continue to do ....' then looks guilty and corrects himself, be funny if it wasn't so sad

Scahill on MSNBC Debating Syria, Yemen, Iran, etc. « Antiwar.com Blog (external - login to view)

MHz
It would appear that NATO can go home and take all their mercenaries with them.

89% vote in favor of new Syrian Constitution — RT (external - login to view)

(in part)
Iraqi Kurdistan said on Monday it has granted refugee status to 30 Kurdish Syrian troops who defected to the region in the first such instance in the revolt against Bashar Assad's regime. The autonomous Kurdistan region in north Iraq pledged it would not hand over the soldiers to Damascus after they crossed over in the past two days.
"We received them for humanitarian reasons, and they are under our protection and we gave them refugee status," said Anwar Haji Othman, Kurdish deputy minister for the local peshmerga security forces.
"We will not hand them over to the Syrian government because they are Kurdish and it is our right to protect them," he said.

In the spy industry and after a big bust of high-ranking officials in the Rebel ranks, including 1500 foreign mercenaries and some French commandos and various journalists, including an American, as in CIA, and all of a sudden 30 'insiders' decide to split to the same area that Moosehead has been active in when doing covert operations in Iran. This is the same group that just happened to let of some explosives in a Turkish Port killing several Navy personnel on the very night IDF Commandos were boarding Turkish civilian ships. I can see the Turkish commandos not getting too gung-ho over some civilian activists getting killed but when the Navy is openly attacked I would think they would be gung-ho to find out the facts and punt the real culprits, maybe. Perhaps it is like I have heard on here about Military units and their loyalty to each other. Basically there isn't any, at best you will watch out for the ones in your specific unit but as far as other branches it was a 'who cares about them' attitude. If I took what Eagle and Bear were saying wrong I'm sure they will be happy to correct me and that nationalism is as strong between all branches, when one gets injured the rest lock and load without being told to do so. Civilians certainly did that for Pearl Harbor I and II.

Anyway, in the spy manual, I have no idea where I left mine so I got to ask 'knowledgeable people', When your 'handlers' get busted and you face charges of treason and execution if guilty would you not not want to get out of the region and go to live with you kin who just happen to be living in a country that is at war with your host nation. With a resume like that I would be really surprised to see them survive the interview. You can bet anybody attached to any of the units they belonged to will be writing their 'memoirs' in the hopes of getting a trickle of the kindness that always is given to snitches. Would you really like to be one of their 'relatives' that got left behind, after all spy business is also a family business.

In a situation like that what would you see as being the way NATO hightails it without the 'media' laughing their asses off (on orders to seal the end of the West as a military power? Rummage sale prices in effect and your next cell phone will be a high hill and a blanket and a smoky fire.

3 posts in a row, am I the only one with Syria on their map? (still)

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

It would appear that NATO can go home and take all their mercenaries with them.
)

Why does Assad keep the Red Cross out of cities. What you defend is mass killings.

Syrian forces renew assault on Homs - Middle East - Al Jazeera English (external - login to view)

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said earlier this week that it had received permission from Bashar al-Assad's government to enter Baba Amr.

A convoy of seven lorries with 15 tonnes of humanitarian aid including food, medical supplies and blankets left Damascus on Friday, taking several hours in heavy snowfall to reach Homs.

But once they neared Baba Amr, the government prevented them from entering.

"We are still in negotiations to enter Baba Amr," Hicham Hassan, an ICRC spokesman, said on Saturday in Geneva, Switzerland.

Syrian authorities said they were not letting the ICRC into Baba Amr because of safety concerns from land mines and other dangers, Hassan said, adding the organisation had not been able to verify the danger.

The government has not offered its explanation for revoking the permission.

"It's important that we get in today," Hassan said. "We are not about to give up."

On Friday the ICRC reported that it started to distribute aid at a village near Homs but that it had not been allowed access to Baba Amr.

damngrumpy
This is a civil war and we should mind our own business. Besides we will only succeed
in giving more power to the Muslim Brotherhood to further complicate the situation for the
west. Enough yes Assad is an SOB but he is at least a secular SOB and that is better than
a fundamentalist SOB.
We need not support Iran anymore than we already have, it looks like we have given them
Egypt as it is enough is enough.

MHz
Why would you let anybody into a zone where bullets are still flying?

177 Syrians were killed on Saturday, mostly civilians, including 6 defected soldiers in clashes between the regime army and the Free Syrian Army across the country.
Head of the Free Syrian Army told al-Jazeera that “the Free Syrian Army killed more than 100 regime troops in Reef Damascus.”
“We were able to control arms depots for the Syrian army,” Asaad told the satellite channel.
Local Coordination Committees said that the Syrian forces killed 77 including 55 in Idlib among them 47 defecting soldiers.

SourceAgence France Presse (external - login to view)Naharnet (external - login to view)

The international Red Cross said it delivered relief supplies on Sunday to refugees from the battered Baba Amr district of Homs city in a nearby village of central Syria.
"We have started to distribute humanitarian aid in Abel village, three kilometers (two miles) from Baba Amr," International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) spokesman Saleh Dabbakeh told AFP.
"Many refugees from Baba Amr are in Abel," he said, adding they were being supplied with food products and blankets.
SourceAgence France Presse (external - login to view)

MHz
Goober, you promote the right of the Government to torture people if there is a chance the info they give up will save civilian lives. Do you authorize Syrian intelligence services to torture all the foreign nationals captured on Syrian soil while holding a weapon?

Goober
+1

Goober, you promote the right of the Government to torture people if there is a chance the info they give up will save civilian lives. Do you authorize Syrian intelligence services to torture all the foreign nationals captured on Syrian soil while holding a weapon?

In Syria torture is the order of the day - or decades I should say. They arrest, then torture. Where do I say that everyone arrested is to be subjected to torture. When you find it please look down and you will note that you are on a Yellow Brick Road, you then eye a pair of red shoes. Put those shoes on, click the heels together and poof, you are back to reality.

MHz
The first version they were silver slippers, tell the world why that got changed?

The CIA hired a great many very bad Nazis at the end of WWII, Nazis that should have been executed, now Israel accepts 'gifts' from them. (or is it blackmail). Why would anybody want to cozy up to that pair??

The captureed mercenaries will cough up everything, the nationalist troops will do the same but be traded back. Imagine how it is going to be captured inside with guns and orders compared tyo getting captured because you strayed off course in your boat. The whole world was pissing itself over what Iran would do with the captured Sailors, Syrian is viewed as Iran uncontrollable brother.

So you agree that Syria has a 'duty to torture everybody rounded up', ..... just in case. When they get the info without torture does that sent a message to the world as to just how far Syria is to go outside the 'rules' to win???
They say confession is good for the soul, an unencrypted jumpstick/sim card is even better.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

In Syria torture is the order of the day - or decades I should say. .

Quite a few decades less than Israel has been at it. What the total now over the whole period, Israel killed how many Palestinians in over 60 years compared to Syrian forces killing their own citizens over the last few decades.. I'm inclined to let the number of UN proposed sanctions be part of the determining stats, do you agree with that so far? I admire you willingness top do this, it would seem to be a bit risk since you are Jewish and your groups moral behavior is at stake to a certain extent by this topic you bring up..

How much actual aid came in. How long after the close of Cast Lead did the IDF let Judge Golstone in? Don't have the exact date but I am sure it was more than a few hours like this one is.
Last edited by MHz; Mar 5th, 2012 at 03:53 PM..

Goober

Quite a few decades less than Israel has been at it. What the total now over the whole period, Israel killed how many Palestinians in over 60 years compared to Syrian forces killing their own citizens over the last few decades.. I'm inclined to let the number of UN proposed sanctions be part of the determining stats, do you agree with that so far? I admire you willingness top do this, it would seem to be a bit risk since you are Jewish and your groups moral behavior is at stake to a certain extent by this topic you bring up..

How much actual aid came in. How long after the close of Cast Lead did the IDF let Judge Golstone in? Don't have the exact date but I am sure it was more than a few hours like this one is.

Best check your history books again.

Alawi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

After World War II, Salman Al Murshid played a major role in uniting the Alawi province with Syria. He was executed by the newly independent Syrian government in Damascus on December 12, 1946 only three days after a hasty political trial.

Syria became independent on April 17, 1946. Following the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Syria endured a succession of military coups in 1949, the rise of the Ba'ath Party, and unification of the country with Egypt in the United Arab Republic in 1958. The UAR lasted for three years and broke apart in 1961, when a group of army officers seized power and declared Syria independent again. A further succession of coups ensued until a secretive military committee, which included a number of disgruntled Alawi officers, including Hafez al-Assad and Salah Jadid, helped the Ba'ath Party take power in 1963. In 1966, Alawi-oriented military officers successfully rebelled and expelled the old Ba'ath that had looked to the Christian Michel Aflaq and the Sunni Muslim Salah al-Din al-Bitar for leadership. They promoted Zaki al-Arsuzi as the "Socrates" of their reconstituted Ba'ath Party.

MHz
Where are the totals for all the deaths that went on, I can find some that were dome by US inspired groups in most countries in Central and South America during a similar period, perhaps even compared to Iran in the years prior to -79.

Goober

Where are the totals for all the deaths that went on, I can find some that were dome by US inspired groups in most countries in Central and South America during a similar period, perhaps even compared to Iran in the years prior to -79.

You keep on going back to that point - Qhy you agreed to explain the differences/ similarities between the Shah and the Theocracy, yet back out. Why would I go for another dance on this now. Y tis the ?

MHz
A better question why would you promote pro western dictators take charge when condition that existed under the Shaw would return, perhaps even more brutal than it was the first time just to make sure no revolt happens. Revolt in Saudi Arabia is not held back by over educating their citizens, it is help back by keeping the general public in conditions that are one step above discovering fire. You cheer that to boot, give your head a shake.

Goober

A better question why would you promote pro western dictators take charge when condition that existed under the Shaw would return, perhaps even more brutal than it was the first time just to make sure no revolt happens. Revolt in Saudi Arabia is not held back by over educating their citizens, it is help back by keeping the general public in conditions that are one step above discovering fire. You cheer that to boot, give your head a shake.

I do not think that will happen. The young want democracy, freedom from the Mullahs. You know that as well as I do.

MHz
Syria is a year behind Egypt. Surely you don't want the same corrupt NGO's getting in there to corrupt the system even before it is formed. It is the Western way, that doesn't make it the best way.

Goober

Syria is a year behind Egypt. Surely you don't want the same corrupt NGO's getting in there to corrupt the system even before it is formed. It is the Western way, that doesn't make it the best way.

And that would mean what, 10, 20, 40 thousand or more killed by Assad Junior. The killings will only increase.

MHz
They have already tapered off as soon as Syrian troops captured the international ring leaders, aid was let in and the UN is now doing a walk around in the battle zone. Just like has been demanded, yet what the **** do we do as a Nation. Holy **** is anybody driving this bus called Canada??? The Herpster is calling foreign fighters and French Commandos 'dissenters'. Did we know that because we gave them the fake Syrian passports?

(in part)
Canada imposed Monday a fresh round of sanctions on Syria targeting the central bank and seven cabinet ministers in a bid to halt President Bashar al-Assad's deadly crackdown on dissent.
Canada Targets Syrian Central Bank in New Sanctions (external - login to view)

Did Herper and you not get the updated memo? Attacking Iran is a bust because Syria isn't going to fall in time.