Why Conservatives Suck!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That is not why conservatives suck. It has more to do with their "me first" attitude, their complete lack of compassion for the sick, elderly and disenfranchised, and their "god" given right to shove their agenda down everybody else's throat. That you support Harper is proof. He is a dictatorial, self righteous weasel who is imposing his agenda on Canada whether we want it or not.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hookers suck too but at least it feels good. at least you get the screwing you pay for, not so with conservatives.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
That is not why conservatives suck. It has more to do with their "me first" attitude, their complete lack of compassion for the sick, elderly and disenfranchised, and their "god" given right to shove their agenda down everybody else's throat. That you support Harper is proof. He is a dictatorial, self righteous weasel who is imposing his agenda on Canada whether we want it or not.

He was elected.

That makes it OUR agenda.....lol.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Another conservative furour over nothing.

Dear Colpy,
I need you to tell me whether I am a conservative or a liberal.
The following represent some of my views:
* The 1989 massacre at the Polytechnique in Montreal led to the registration of long guns. As a long gun owner, I felt great sympathy for the families of the women who lost their lives; I registered my long guns and at no time did I feel this was a loss of freedom or a conspiracy to confiscate.
* In a compassionate society every citizen should have equal access to health services regardless of employment or economic status. I support universal medicare.
* I support the military; however, I do not support pre-emptive war as a tool to further national self-interest or the use of military power as a substitute for reasoned diplomacy. For instance, I opposed the Iraq War.
* I too support free speech; I do not support attack ads or the belittling of dissent. Or, the silencing of opposition.
^ The use of torture as a means to extract information is an act of barbarism. No democratic nation should sanction its use.
* I do not view the environmental movement as subversive; it is at its essence truly conservative.
* I unequivically support Israel's right to exist; I do not support all its actions, settlements in Palestinian territory, or the mistreatment of civilians in occupied territory.
* I support free access to education especially at the university level for students of talent.
* I do not consider being a conservative synomymous with "machismo."
* I do not support prayer in public schools; endorsing by the state of a specific religion hinders the pursuit of knowldge. Evolution is the best model of our origins.
* I like many dogs but not all cats.
As always,
Spade

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Gee all that sounds like the last 25 years of Liberal governments. Now that really sucks.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Gee all that sounds like the last 25 years of Liberal governments. Now that really sucks.
I agree to a certain degree. But do you know why?

As much as I dislike the Liberals, I think the C.R.A.P. party under Harper is far worse. At least the Liberals gave us a deficit.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Conservatives for years screamed bloody murder that the Liberals or Provincially the NDP
got elected with less than fifty percent of the vote. They ranted and raved and demanded
electoral reform, in fact they named a party after their agenda.
One day they went out and found a vehicle called to conservative party, they were able to
hide behind a respectable name. And a name is all it turned out to be, its that reform
agenda up to a point, hiding behind the old conservative name. The first thing they did was
drop the Progressive part of the old parties name, and the reason is they had no interest in
being progressive.
The other thing that is amazing, to be kind, is that they adapted well to the idea that they did
not get a majority of people voting for their agenda. Most Canadians didn't vote for them by
a long shot and divided center and left will oust them in the next election because enough is
enough, they are screwing with medicare and pensions and us older folks don't like that.
The reason is simple or reasons I should say.
one older folks also have a me first when it comes to essential living standards and there are
more old folks than there are conservative politicians.
Two the old folks fought in the streets in some cases to gain the benefits they have and be
damned if some pip squeak from Calgary is going to take a lifetime of achievement and give
it to managed companies from the USA.
Three the Canadian People will dislike them as much as they disliked Gordon Campbell
in BC.
Nope the reason the conservatives are becoming less popular is because the average voter
is starting to see right through them.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The benefactor of all this is the Liberal Party Of Canada. The Tories are going to fade
the New Democrats are supposed to be the official opposition yet they are absorbed
with themselves. They can't organize a leadership race let along prepare to operate
the country.
the Greens are little more than a lost dream. People are now trying to survive economically
let along get involved with carbon taxes and credits. In BC the carbon tax is going to be the
target of anger against the BC Liberals who are in fact conservatives in hiding.
People have had enough of the austerity programs and the changing face of the nation and
that in turn is because young people are waiting to pursue a dream, not listen to the
austerity measures of the current government.
You can punish, threaten to punish, you can tighten money supplies and what ever you want.
There is one or two things you cannot do and survive.
A government cannot be seen to be dismantling the social safety net while getting cozy with
business.
And you cannot kill the possibilities for personal dreams bad idea.
The Harper crowd are involved with both and that is being on the wrong side of history.
The problem we have is they all suck. We don't have anyone with vision to take this country
to the next step of future possibilities and when that happens voters turn on the ones in power.
They are the Conservatives and the tables are about to turn.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Compassion costs something tangible Cliffy, and while it's very easy to talk-the-talk; walkin'-the-walk actually requires very real, solid inputs.

If you have a solution to all of society's ails that can be directly dealt with via good intentions and warm feelings, please let us all know as the global community will be eternally in your debt.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Compassion costs something tangible Cliffy, and while it's very easy to talk-the-talk; walkin'-the-walk actually requires very real, solid inputs.

If you have a solution to all of society's ails that can be directly dealt with via good intentions and warm feelings, please let us all know as the global community will be eternally in your debt.
How about we stop going to war, cancel the F35, get rid of political pork barreling, massive pay cheques and pensions for both houses, Not sure but probably provincial legislatures too. There is no shortage of moneys for the social safety net, there is too much of it being wasted on bureaucratic inefficiency as well as political payoffs to friends, too many rich hiding their money in offshore accounts, same with corporations. Bring our manufacturing home, stop exporting jobs.
(At the wages Canadian corps are paying third world labour, there is no excuse for $150 running shoes. That is pure greed) It don't take a genius to figure this stuff out (cuz I ain't one). But that is just a start.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
That is not why conservatives suck. It has more to do with their "me first" attitude, their complete lack of compassion for the sick, elderly and disenfranchised,

Huh? I have met an awful lot of liberals and progressives with virulent "me first" attitudes too. As far as compassion goes, I'm reminded of Bono's visit many years ago. He shamed them PM Paul Martin on Canada's abysmal record of spending on aid, both foreign aid domestic. That is liberalism, showing you care by telling someone to spend more money that is not only not yours, but not even theirs, they have to take it from us first. This is how they make themselves feel better and look good at the same time, and at no personal cost. Giving freely of your own free will is charity, giving other people's money freely of your own free will is not.

and their "god" given right to shove their agenda down everybody else's throat. That you support Harper is proof. He is a dictatorial, self righteous weasel who is imposing his agenda on Canada whether we want it or not.

You have just described Trudeau, Mulroney, Chretien, and Martin too. I don't consider Mulroney a conservative. Clark, Turner and Campbell were just blips, but I have no doubt they would also have fit your desription.

Conservatives for years screamed bloody murder that the Liberals or Provincially the NDP
got elected with less than fifty percent of the vote. They ranted and raved and demanded
electoral reform, in fact they named a party after their agenda.

You do realize that the party that ran against Sir John A.'s Conservatives was also called the Reform Party. They re-named themselves Liberals, but that was when they actually had liberal values, a totally foreign concept to today's Liberals, and liberals for that matter.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How about we stop going to war, cancel the F35, get rid of political pork barreling, massive pay cheques and pensions for both houses, Not sure but probably provincial legislatures too. There is no shortage of moneys for the social safety net, there is too much of it being wasted on bureaucratic inefficiency as well as political payoffs to friends, too many rich hiding their money in offshore accounts, same with corporations. Bring our manufacturing home, stop exporting jobs.
(At the wages Canadian corps are paying third world labour, there is no excuse for $150 running shoes. That is pure greed) It don't take a genius to figure this stuff out (cuz I ain't one). But that is just a start.

I don't disagree (in principle) with the comments about funding the military, but unfortunately, human nature dictates that you need to watch your back or elect to be a victim. That said, spending on the military is a neccessity.

Regardless, the bottom-line is that you still don't recognize where the money actually comes from. Engaging a solution of stripping money from one group to pay another is not a sustainable model in the long run... The reason why people shelter money in off-shore accounts is a direct response to the punitive taxes that are charged in Canada and many/most other western nations.

A policy/program of taxation is one thing, but never once have I heard there be a call for increasing taxes and cutting costs - the perpetual call is to strip more and more money for the expressed purpose of spending more.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Got examples?