Why Conservatives Suck!


Cliffy
+1
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Nothing at all to stop you Cliffy from starting a manufacturing base in your kootenay home.
Then you wouldn't have to worry about the greedy ceo's cashing cheques and taking the jobs offshore.
You could pay high wages and look after all employees for life ever after.
It may take time to get all your permits and licenses in place though as no one wants any smelling smog producing factories where they live.
Good luck.

Typical conservative nonsense. We had the factories. We closed them not because people didn't want them but because the greedy corporations decided that it was cheaper off shore. We have an economy that is based on creating wealth from mindless consumerism. We have a created a culture out of mindless consumerism. We have more than enough resources and money to take care of everybody's needs. We don't have enough to support mindless consumerism and endless economic growth. What is killing us is that we are living far beyond our needs. All this technological crap we think we can't live without is not necessary and is detrimental to our physical and mental health.
 
taxslave
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Conservatives for years screamed bloody murder that the Liberals or Provincially the NDP
got elected with less than fifty percent of the vote. They ranted and raved and demanded
electoral reform, in fact they named a party after their agenda.
One day they went out and found a vehicle called to conservative party, they were able to
hide behind a respectable name. And a name is all it turned out to be, its that reform
agenda up to a point, hiding behind the old conservative name. The first thing they did was
drop the Progressive part of the old parties name, and the reason is they had no interest in
being progressive.
The other thing that is amazing, to be kind, is that they adapted well to the idea that they did
not get a majority of people voting for their agenda. Most Canadians didn't vote for them by
a long shot and divided center and left will oust them in the next election because enough is
enough, they are screwing with medicare and pensions and us older folks don't like that.
The reason is simple or reasons I should say.
one older folks also have a me first when it comes to essential living standards and there are
more old folks than there are conservative politicians.
Two the old folks fought in the streets in some cases to gain the benefits they have and be
damned if some pip squeak from Calgary is going to take a lifetime of achievement and give
it to managed companies from the USA.
Three the Canadian People will dislike them as much as they disliked Gordon Campbell
in BC.
Nope the reason the conservatives are becoming less popular is because the average voter
is starting to see right through them.

That would be the greedy generation with the me first attitude. Spend on me and let my grandchildren pay the bills. Don't spend any money on education but up my pension. Good way to drive the young right into the arms of the Conservatives.
Fiscally speaking Harper is right and even though he may be a lowlife he will win the next election because the majority of workers have had their fill of supporting both themselves and every other non contributor.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Yawn...

Your story never changes does it? here's a question for ya.. What do you think would have happened if Obama didn't bail-out the banks or GM?

Any idea how that would have impacted the average Joe?

Any thoughts at all?

Cliffy collects a pension. No problems. At least until the rest of us get tired of carrying all the dead weight.
 
CDNBear
+2
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

All this technological crap we think we can't live without is not necessary and is detrimental to our physical and mental health.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I had to be rushed to the ER for shot of methadone. The withdrawals were so intense I went into catatonic shock after 4 hours of the forum being down. Do you think I need to get a life?

Sorry Cliffy, I couldn't resist.
 
Cliffy
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Cliffy collects a pension. No problems. At least until the rest of us get tired of carrying all the dead weight.

And who is going to carry your dead weight if you should get disabled by an accident or illness? Do you have a big enough stash to keep you and your wife for the rest of you life if something unforeseen should happen and take away your livelihood? Should we just take you out into the back forty and put a bullet in your head?

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Sorry Cliffy, I couldn't resist.

You realize I was joking, eh.
 
taxslave
+1
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

And who is going to carry your dead weight if you should get disabled by an accident or illness? Do you have a big enough stash to keep you and your wife for the rest of you life if something unforeseen should happen and take away your livelihood? Should we just take you out into the back forty and put a bullet in your head?


You realize I was joking, eh.

I'm more in favor of a bullet than a life time of being a revenue stream for Big Pharms.
 
CDNBear
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

You realize I was joking, eh.

Truth in humour and your persistent presence.

Just saying.
 
Cliffy
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I'm more in favor of a bullet than a life time of being a revenue stream for Big Pharms.

Do you have a gun I could borrow?
 
CDNBear
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Do you have a gun I could borrow?

I realize you aren't serious, but not funny.
 
taxslave
+2
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Do you have a gun I could borrow?

Got all the necessary permits?
 
CDNBear
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Got all the necessary permits?

Touche...
 
captain morgan
+3
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

GM took the money and built factories in China. Did the little guy benefit?

The banks took the money and gave it to their CEOs. Did the little guy benefit?

Detroit is a ghost town. Many of the once great manufacturing centers are ghost towns. Why is that? Could it be because those corporate welfare bums took the jobs off shore? Could it be because millionaires run the country and are more interested in protecting their own? Could it be that the wealth is being concentrated into the hands of fewer and fewer corporations and people?

You know what boggles my mind more than anything? You shilling for the rich because in the end, they don't give a sh!t about you.

More rhetoric... Colored me surprised.

I see that GM is still mfging cars in Canada and the US... I guess that the CEO's simply didn't take enough of the cash, eh?

Any idea why the jobs are going offshore?.. Any clue at all?

Hint: It has to do with my previous post regarding punitive taxes.

Try and put the pieces of the puzzle togther - it ain't hard, there is only 1 piece.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Typical conservative nonsense. We had the factories. We closed them not because people didn't want them but because the greedy corporations decided that it was cheaper off shore. We have an economy that is based on creating wealth from mindless consumerism. We have a created a culture out of mindless consumerism. We have more than enough resources and money to take care of everybody's needs. We don't have enough to support mindless consumerism and endless economic growth. What is killing us is that we are living far beyond our needs. All this technological crap we think we can't live without is not necessary and is detrimental to our physical and mental health.

Is the Northern Gateway Pipeline jobs being exported offshore?... Oh, that's right, you don't want it, but somehow expect to get taxes from something that doesn't exist.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

And who is going to carry your dead weight if you should get disabled by an accident or illness? Do you have a big enough stash to keep you and your wife for the rest of you life if something unforeseen should happen and take away your livelihood? Should we just take you out into the back forty and put a bullet in your head?

Just as long as you get your cheques, all is just peachy?

Where do you think the money comes from for your pension Cliffy?... Your contributions during all those years that you lived in the bush and only ventured into civilization when you needed 'free' healthcare?
 
Tonington
+1
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Any idea why the jobs are going offshore?.. Any clue at all?

Hint: It has to do with my previous post regarding punitive taxes.

Try and put the pieces of the puzzle togther - it ain't hard, there is only 1 piece.

Any idea what the difference in tax rates is during this exodus of jobs out of the country? Are you sure trade agreements and removing trade barriers isn't more responsible? Once trade barriers are removed, producers benefit from lower input costs such as the cost of labour.

Like you say, lots of pieces in the puzzle. Conservatives and liberals do suck, because they only want to consider talking points on their edge of the puzzle. There are far more puzzle pieces in the middle of any puzzle, and only when the puzzle pieces are connected does the big picture become clear.

This reminds me a bit of the corporate tax rate thread.
 
pgs
+2
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Any idea what the difference in tax rates is during this exodus of jobs out of the country? Are you sure trade agreements and removing trade barriers isn't more responsible? Once trade barriers are removed, producers benefit from lower input costs such as the cost of labour.

Like you say, lots of pieces in the puzzle. Conservatives and liberals do suck, because they only want to consider talking points on their edge of the puzzle. There are far more puzzle pieces in the middle of any puzzle, and only when the puzzle pieces are connected does the big picture become clear.

This reminds me a bit of the corporate tax rate thread.

All those little pieces to the puzzle,
Sort of reminds me of the global warming nonscense.
 
Tonington
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

global warming nonscense.

There's that hard right edge of the puzzle...
 
L Gilbert
+1
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

All those little pieces to the puzzle,
Sort of reminds me of the global warming nonscense.

So global warming is still a puzzle to you. Interesting.
 
eh1eh
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

There's that hard right edge of the puzzle...

lol. Looks like all the righties have gone to benefit from the latest price drop at Walmart.
 
SLM
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

lol. Looks like all the righties have gone to benefit from the latest price drop at Walmart.

Is that who shops there? I've always wondered.lol
 
Dexter Sinister
+3
#48
Mr. Whittle talks as if only conservatives know what's true. I'm not going to take issue with all his points individually, that'd be way too long a post and nobody would read it, though it was clear to me listening to him that there are cogent objections to every point he made. I'll just take the first one, his claim that health care is a commodity. Most western nations except the U.S. have adopted the model that it's a service, not a business, and the cost is shared across everybody to ensure everybody gets the same level of service. Doesn't always work in practice of course, but that's the model, the ideal, and I think it's better, in the sense of being more humane and compassionate, might even say civilized, than the conservative model of every man for himself.
 
DurkaDurka
+4
#49
Conservative policies don`t necessarily suck but I think the label does, as much as someone being NDP or Liberal for life. We need less partisan bootlickers.
 
Walter
+1
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Mr. Whittle talks as if only conservatives know what's true. I'm not going to take issue with all his points individually, that'd be way too long a post and nobody would read it, though it was clear to me listening to him that there are cogent objections to every point he made. I'll just take the first one, his claim that health care is a commodity. Most western nations except the U.S. have adopted the model that it's a service, not a business, and the cost is shared across everybody to ensure everybody gets the same level of service. Doesn't always work in practice of course, but that's the model, the ideal, and I think it's better, in the sense of being more humane and compassionate, might even say civilized, than the conservative model of every man for himself.

Where do people go if they want the best health care - the US. Accessible, no waiting, and relatively inexpensive if you have insurance. In the Utopian countries we all get the same shoddy service unless you have the money to go to the US.
 
In Between Man
+1
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

That is not why conservatives suck. It has more to do with their "me first" attitude,

You're thinking of the leftist "occupy" movement. "Me first with your money".

Quote:

their complete lack of compassion for the sick, elderly and disenfranchised,

What percentage of your income did you give to the poor last year?

Quote:

and their "god" given right to shove their agenda down everybody else's throat.

Actually it's the evil left that has been cramming your immoral garbage down the rest of our throats for years. Forcing God from the public schools, legalizing murder of the unborn, indoctrinating our children with evolution and the homosexual agenda, and insisting the government scrape the wealthy to satisfy your sense of entitlement are some of the things that come to mind for starters.

Quote:

That you support Harper is proof. He is a dictatorial, self righteous weasel who is imposing his agenda on Canada whether we want it or not.

After the Libs got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, I'd say he's only about a thousand times more trustworthy than a left-leaning PM.
Last edited by In Between Man; Feb 11th, 2012 at 08:25 PM..
 
Tonington
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Where do people go if they want the best health care - the US. Accessible, no waiting, and relatively inexpensive if you have insurance. In the Utopian countries we all get the same shoddy service unless you have the money to go to the US.

Relatively inexpensive? To what are you relating it? Also, depending on your insurance, US healthcare is not all that accessible. Your choice of hospitals can be limited, as well as your choice of specialists. If you want top notch care in the US, it is not cheap.

Just because few can attain the best care possible, does not mean it is the best model...
 
#juan
+2
#53
Why do Conservatives Suck???

Because the NDP blows...
 
Tonington
+4
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Why do Conservatives Suck???

Because the NDP blows...

In the end, all party faithful swallow...
 
DaSleeper
+1
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

In the end, all party faithful swallow...

And everyone ends up getting screwed by the Liberals
 
Liberalman
#56
I like the federal Conservative government because the make the wheel squeak
 
Angstrom
-1
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

We don't have anyone with vision to take this country
to the next step of future possibilities


Triple thumbs up.

Its political suicide to even have vision today. lol
Last edited by Angstrom; Feb 11th, 2012 at 09:44 PM..
 
mentalfloss
#58
That was stupid.
 
Cliffy
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

That was stupid.

What was?
 
Tonington
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

What was?

The tube video in the OP I would wager...
 

Similar Threads

32
Wow, the Penguins sure do suck
by Avro | Dec 9th, 2010
no new posts