Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !!

Nuggler
Teacher sprays student with Febreze after fishy lunch | Sympatico.ca News (external - login to view)

De very idea, and de student from Twillingate too. Shame.

End of story
Put de teacher in a dory
An cast 'er off
Wit no orz, eh.
Nuttin
Well, maybees a kipper snack er two.

Roarin diyin Jeezus, one wud tink she'd be used to de smell, eh.

What's dis country comin to I ask yez??

Dis 'ere story right from the tinkin man's/wimmin's simplepatico..........tabloid at 'its best, eh.

TenPenny
Note that the other kids were teasing him, too.

So much for zero tolerance, but then again, the school probably is a 'scent free' zone as well.

What to do, what to do.

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

What to do, what to do.

Blame Harper?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Blame Harper?

A good enough place to begin................... carry on.

lone wolf
+2 / -1
Bring in some deck boards from an old fishing scow for show and tell

spaminator
Smells Like "Dead Fish" - Video (external - login to view)

Cannuck
The teacher is obviously a pedophile.

Spade

Blame Harper?

"A fish rots from its head."

lone wolf
+4 / -1
#9  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Sour grapes?

Gotta be something off kilter if Febreze is a turn-on or a molestation in any other way than to something that smells fishy

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Sour grapes?

Sarcasm.

lone wolf
+1 / -1

Sarcasm.

Hint: use sarcastic purple. Otherwise ... who'd know?

CDNBear
+3

You were right with "Sour grapes". Hence his sarcasm.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You were right with "Sour grapes". Hence his sarcasm.

Actually, I would have voted for "ignorance"

Cannuck

I would.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Actually, I would have voted for "ignorance"

In his case, half dozen of one, six of the other.

TenPenny
+2
Obviously, the teacher is a Catholic priest, and she has issues. Which, of course, are a result of her being a Conservative, and therefore having low IQ, as well as her union membership, which makes her an NDP supporter.

The fact that up until now NL has been a recipient of Equalization grants only amplifies the problem.

SLM
+1

Obviously, the teacher is a Catholic priest, and she has issues. Which, of course, are a result of her being a Conservative, and therefore having low IQ, as well as her union membership, which makes her an NDP supporter.

The fact that up until now NL has been a recipient of Equalization grants only amplifies the problem.

You're channeling far too many posters at once. You should see an exorcist about that.

Cannuck

Obviously, the teacher is a Catholic priest....

That goes without saying as we all know, the term "Catholic Priest" and "Pedophile" are interchangeable.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

"A fish rots from its head."

Hmmm... That knowledge now adds an element of added mystery to some of the ladies I've gotten to know over the years.

L Gilbert
Interesting.

WAPD Knowledge Base - Trimethylaminuria (TMAU) Information (external - login to view)

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Interesting.

WAPD Knowledge Base - Trimethylaminuria (TMAU) Information (external - login to view)

I'd say it's more sad than interesting. What a horrible thing to be afflicted with.

captain morgan
+1

Interesting.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I'd say it's more sad than interesting. What a horrible thing to be afflicted with.

That is really a horrible story that this lady tells... Even more so that she can only stand by and accept a fate that she can not control.

SLM
+2

That is really a horrible story that this lady tells... Even more so that she can only stand by and accept a fate that she can not control.

It is, especially about the mother! I don't understand people who treat their kids that way. Assuming the accuracy of everything that is stated, of course.

Not much she can do I suppose. Just try to find a way to fit into the world in a way that allows her some happiness.

L Gilbert
+1

Well, I was thinking that sadness was a given.

It is, especially about the mother! I don't understand people who treat their kids that way. Assuming the accuracy of everything that is stated, of course.

Not much she can do I suppose. Just try to find a way to fit into the world in a way that allows her some happiness.

Yup, one can only play the cards they are dealt. I bet she has one helluva personality, though. I'd love the chance at a conversation.

shadowshiv
+1

Interesting.

"After that I moved out of state to live with my boyfriend that I had met online two years prior. He accepted me even with my condition. So currently I live with him and his job pays my bills. I attempt to earn money whenever I can online and I also am fighting to get properly diagnosed and to get TMAU considered a �real� disability so that people with TMAU and other body odor disorders (yes there are other disorders) can start holding their heads a little higher and start maybe holding some jobs a little longer or at the very least collect disability benefits."

It's nice to see that her boyfriend(at least at the time, as the article was written in 2003) treated her like a human being and didn't make fun of her due to her medical problem.

Nuggler

Can't teach em anything

--------------------------------------------------

HEY The kid smelled cause he ate some fish, not because of any medical condition................Although, I agree, that would suck.........

The teacher needs some sensitivity training, and the kid needs a boot'n de **** fer bringin stinky fish fer lunch, eh!!

But, then again, maybe it's all he had to eat.

We used to get kicked out of school on purpose by eating LEEKS. Smell leeky breath, you'd pray for fish.

just sayin

-----------------------------------
On that same vid collection which explains the body odour, there's a "feed the bear" vid. Check it out. I was hoping the bear would break his chain and just completely obliterate the Polish peasants, or whatever nationality they were. Rend them limb from limb. Flay they alive with his claws. Flence them as they screamed and pissed themselves. Go Bear.

It would go a long way towards explaining why my parents moved and didn't tell me.

SLM

Well, I was thinking that sadness was a given.

Yup, one can only play the cards they are dealt. I bet she has one helluva personality, though. I'd love the chance at a conversation.

Yes, adversity, as the saying goes, does build character.

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

"After that I moved out of state to live with my boyfriend that I had met online two years prior. He accepted me even with my condition. So currently I live with him and his job pays my bills. I attempt to earn money whenever I can online and I also am fighting to get properly diagnosed and to get TMAU considered a �real� disability so that people with TMAU and other body odor disorders (yes there are other disorders) can start holding their heads a little higher and start maybe holding some jobs a little longer or at the very least collect disability benefits."

It's nice to see that her boyfriend(at least at the time, as the article was written in 2003) treated her like a human being and didn't make fun of her due to her medical problem.

Treat her like a human being. What a novel approach. Too bad her own mother couldn't think to do that.

mentalfloss
This is one of those things where people need to make sure they understand the set of events from all sides before asserting something about the role of teachers or personal freedom or political correctness. I'm pleased that those posting so far haven't really taken a black/white approach on the issue.

Spraying the kid with Febreeze in front of a class room and intentionally humiliating him (if it was intentional).. clearly a bad thing. But having a private discussion with the child about the other kids and how you want to help them so you'll give them a quick Febreeze.. may go over alright if you can get the child to understand the situation and no one else is in sight.

The problem is that some people will now use Febreeze as some kind of anchor for behavior in the class room environment and some teachers might even be scared for their jobs if anyone sees them with a bottle of Febreeze.
Last edited by mentalfloss; Feb 8th, 2012 at 07:59 AM..

karrie
Why would you need a bottle of Febreze in a classroom is what I'd like to know? I'd skin the teacher spraying chemicals for my kid to breathe in all day long.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

This is one of those things where people need to make sure they understand the set of events from all sides before asserting something about the role of teachers or personal freedom or political correctness.
Spraying the kid with Febreeze in front of a class room and intentionally humiliating him (if it was intentional).. clearly a bad thing.

LOL understand the set of events? The kid wasn't sprayed in front of a class room.

no new posts