Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !!

lone wolf
+1 / -1
Gee ... and to think I liked sardine sammiches....

#juan
Christian Roberts, a ten-year-old at Twillingate Island Elementary School in Newfoundland, was teased and ostracized in his classroom after having fried fish for lunch. Instead of using the opportunity to educate the children on tolerance, or even just dealing with the situation delicately, the teacher sent the young boy outside the classroom, and then proceeded to spray him with Febreze to chase away the smell.

Presumably the kid had fish on his breath. Did she spray the Fabreze in his mouth?

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Presumably the kid had fish on his breath. Did she spray the Fabreze in his mouth?

Or he had grease on his hands/face....tell the kid to go wash up. Spraying someone in chemicals doesn't 'clean' them.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Or he had grease on his hands/face....tell the kid to go wash up. Spraying someone in chemicals doesn't 'clean' them.

What that teacher did has probably wrecked the kid's chances of having a normal education at that school anytime soon. They will have given him nicknames; like "stinky", "smelly", etc, that will be hard to live down. Kids are cruel little buggers.

lone wolf
+2 / -1
... I predict stink bombs could soon be a popular thing around that school

Post #1544440 - Re: Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !! Bad Durry
Post #1544428 - Re: Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !! Bad Durry
Post #1544163 - Re: Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !! Bad Durry
Post #1544161 - Re: Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !! Bad Durry
Post #1544126 - Re: Teacher humiliates student over SMELL !! Bad Durry
Post #1544442 - Re: "3rd Party" booted out of Attawapiskat Bad Durry

Temper tantrum much, troll?
Last edited by lone wolf; Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:20 AM..

TenPenny
+1

What that teacher did has probably wrecked the kid's chances of having a normal education at that school anytime soon. They will have given him nicknames; like "stinky", "smelly", etc, that will be hard to live down. Kids are cruel little buggers.

The kid's fate was sealed before the teacher did anything - his classmates were teasing him and calling him names, and that's why the teacher sent him out of class.

Should have used him as a history lesson, on the history and culture of Newfoundland.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

The kid's fate was sealed before the teacher did anything - his classmates were teasing him and calling him names, and that's why the teacher sent him out of class.

Should have used him as a history lesson, on the history and culture of Newfoundland.

I think this situation could be almost any place in Canada. I once took a fishy(sardine) sandwich to school.....I never did it again....
...I lied about it.....said it must be someone else's lunch...I didn't eat it.....I.told them I had peanut butter and jam sandwiches....
Last edited by #juan; Feb 8th, 2012 at 11:35 AM..

lone wolf
+1

I think this situation could be almost any place in Canada. I once took a fishy(sardine) sandwich to school.....I never did it again....
...I lied about it.....said it must be someone else's lunch...I didn't eat it.....I.told them I had peanut butter and jam sandwiches....

I was lucky with the sardine sandwiches.... Most of us were farm kids and essence d' cow tends to linger longer....

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I was lucky with the sardine sandwiches.... Most of us were farm kids and essence d' cow tends to linger longer....

Funny thing is, to this day, I love sardine sandwiches.

L Gilbert
+1
lol Chili, bacon n beans, baked beans, cabbage, etc. All good food. Beats the hell out of chemicals like Kraft sliced cheeses, balogna loaded with phosphates, nitrites, and salt, etc.

oleoleolanda
Fishy food can be incredibly empowering for kids and teens. I used to be able to clear an entire lunchroom table and have it all to myself just by taking an anchovie or sardine sandwich on a baguette when I was in high school. The kids would behave in very, sheep like, weak ways, making faces, saying insults, giggling and all moving to another table. I thought wow, they really are just stupid. I have the power to scare them off and have the whole table to myself. So cool!

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Indeed, or on the health benefits of eating fish and how much better it is than processed foods. I think the kid should be allowed to Fabreeze the teacher for stinky behaviour.

no new posts