Expand burka ban, says Muslim group

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

Ok, so can I walk around with my tools hanging out??

Although I'm sure no one would notice, yes.

lone wolf
+4

No you can't, only men can go topless. Women can't even tan on a beach topless.
As usual, women have to be controlled !!! LOL !!

Legal in Ontario - without innuendo.... When are you going to leave that repressive state?

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

... When are you going to leave that repressive state?

Well I like it here, we have a dress code and many other things!!! Lol !!

SLM
+2

Ok, so can I walk around with my tools hanging out?? Where's my freedom of choice ???

Inappropriate analogy. Tools are useful.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Legal in Ontario - without innuendo.... When are you going to leave that repressive state?

As the song goes, good things grow in Ontario.

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Tools are useful.

All the more reason they should be visible, when you need them, you can see when the're ready !! Lol !!

petros
+4
I need the screws on my eye glasses tightened.

SLM

All the more reason they should be visible, when you need them, you can see when the're ready !! Lol !!

Without magnification only so much can be seen with the naked eye.

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I need the screws on my eye glasses tightened.

It's not the screws on your glasses that need tightening, it's a little further back from you glasses is where the screws are loose !!

Cannuck
+1

L Gilbert
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Good idea. But a simpler one is to take in far fewer immigrants for a few decades. Then we will have fewer issues like this to worry about.

lol Or so you think.
Quote:

Or issues like the Toronto 18, honour killings, or a growing imbalance in males over females in urban areas in the country due to growing ethnic enclaves.

Different issues will likely pop up.
Quote:

Expand burka ban, says Muslim group
TORONTO - A Muslim group is urging Canada’s immigration minister to extend his recent burka ban beyond the citizenship courts.
The Muslim Canadian Congress honoured Jason Kenney at a hotel in Toronto’s west end Sunday for his decision to ban burkas during swearing-in ceremonies.

But then the group asked the minister to go a step further and introduce legislation requiring any face coverings be removed to work in the public sector or do business with government officials.

“You have taken a very courageous step in banning the burka from citizenship ceremonies,” Farzana Khan, former MCC president, told the minister.

She then suggested Kenny table a bill similar to Quebec’s Bill 94.

Burkas and niqabs are not only a “security hazard,” they are also symbols of gender inequality and Islamic extremism, Khan said.
“Invoking religious freedoms to conceal one’s identity and promote political ideology is disingenuous,” she said.
Khan and others said women who hide their faces do so for cultural reasons, not religious purposes, so it should not be protected under the country’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

“As Canadian citizens, it is our right to see the faces of the people we deal with in public places,” said MCC Secretary General Tahir Aslam Gora.

Sounds reasonable to me.

But, I bet some gonads will still try to convince everyone that Moslems are trying to force Sharia on us. That's both sad and funny.

Spade
+5
#71  Top Rated Post

Well I like it here, we have a dress code and many other things!!! Lol !!

So do the Taliban.