Who Would Vote Republican?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

He ain't too bright.

So obviously you are privy to his I.Q. What is it?

Niflmir
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I kniow Obama hasn't been able to mend all the country's problems in four years, which have taken 60 years to accumulate, but other than that what do you suggest is wrong with Obama?

a. Assassinating his own citizens--and those citizen's offspring, just in case they get a mind for revenge.
b. Lobbying for indefinite detention on US soil, instead of just in Guantanamo.
c. Campaigning in Spain to stop the Spanish from attempting to extradite Bush officials as mandated under the Geneva convention.
d. Claiming to stand up for transparency, then doing everything possible to punish people for the smallest leaks whatsoever, including holding in prison without trial for over a year now.
e. Starting an illegal war in Libya.
f. "Open" use of a "covert" drone program in a number of countries where the US is "not at war."
g. Campaigning to stop the Attorney General (of New York?) from trying to hold banks accountable for the foreclosure scandal.

I don't really want to remember more. In summary, war-mongering and breaking the rule of law.

ironsides
+2

I kniow Obama hasn't been able to mend all the country's problems in four years, which have taken 60 years to accumulate, but other than that what do you suggest is wrong with Obama?

For one, he constantly fails to get the Congress/Senate behind him on major issues. He is a apologist, and we have nothing to apologize for. We know so little about the facts of his life. The man giggles while being asked about the economy. President Obama must suffer from some form of mental problem, not totally sure what, but he is obviously delusional. Obama will not change, so why another 4 years? Our economy needs jobs, any good paying jobs, so why does President Obama prevent that from happening every chance he gets. We are being sold out by him and those pulling his strings.

"Yet a personality disorder like narcissism does not explain Obama’s strangeness: his giggling while being asked about the economy; his continuing a shout-out rather than announcing the Ft. Hood shootings; or his vacations, golfing, partying and fundraising during the calamitous oil spill."

giggles: Shrink Says Obama (external - login to view)

Cliffy

He ain't too bright.

And that shining beacon of intelligent whit is supposed to illuminate the world?

Walter

So obviously you are privy to his I.Q. What is it?

He won't divulge so I will assume he ain't too bright.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

And that shining beacon of intelligent whit is supposed to illuminate the world?

No..

Tonington
+1

He won't divulge so I will assume he ain't too bright.

What's your IQ? Please upload certified copies of your most recent IQ test.

WLDB

He ain't too bright.

Harvard Law graduate. They aren't exactly known for taking in people who aren't too bright.

His books are pretty well written too.

Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

For one, he constantly fails to get the Congress/Senate behind him on major issues. He is a apologist, and we have nothing to apologize for. We know so little about the facts of his life. The man giggles while being asked about the economy. President Obama must suffer from some form of mental problem, not totally sure what, but he is obviously delusional. Obama will not change, so why another 4 years? Our economy needs jobs, any good paying jobs, so why does President Obama prevent that from happening every chance he gets. We are being sold out by him and those pulling his strings.

You're complaining about giggling? Seriously? Obama's on camera screw ups are few and far between compared to his predecessor's.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

Harvard Law graduate. They aren't exactly known for taking in people who aren't too bright.

Unless daddy was a Harvard graduate too. Plenty of spots available for nepotism.

gerryh
+1 / -1
In answer to the OP.... those with limited mental capacity.

wulfie68
+2
To me the OP depends on how you view it. I don't think any of the GOP's current crop compares favourably to Obama, and thats not necessarily that Obama is that good, but they are simply that bad. I also think that many Republican supporters, and especially the talking heads are guilty of extreme short-sightedness: the messes that Obama has had to deal with are all to due with mistakes of past administrations, going back not just to George W. Bush but back through Clinton, Bush Sr and Reagan. Obama may not have all the answers people want or expect, but I don't think anyone does, especially given that our society is all about instant gratification - we don't want solutions that take time to implement and make us stronger in the long run, we want things fixed not now but RIGHT now.

gerryh
+1 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

because saying it once just isn't enough. The brain dead GOP supporters might not understand.

because saying it once just isn't enough. The brain dead GOP supporters might not understand.

just cause I'm thinkin it just ain't getting through those cement heads down deep to their pea brains.

talloola

His books are pretty well written too.

You're complaining about giggling? Seriously? Obama's on camera screw ups are few and far between compared to his predecessor's.

I think bush is trying 'again' to get his grade 12 done successfully. After having him as the president,
obama is so, ' intelligent, and gives the u.s. some class, and doesn't show everyone how stupid the
electorate is, voting for a mindless twit like bush, 'twice', and watching the most war mongering any
country could have.

He jumped from afghanistan to iraq just 'because', to finish what his dad didn't do? what a crock,
and how damaging that was the country, and how that left afghanistan struggling, where they could have
finished the job there, and didn't.

Obama, or any person who had to pick up the pieces and the mess that bush left, would have problems,
and they certainly can't be fixed in four years.

Cliffy
There is one glaring laps of reason that Obama made, and that was to take the job, in the face of Bush's colossal blunders, and promise to try and fix it. To me, he just set himself up for failure as it would take a god to fix that mess.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

To me the OP depends on how you view it. I don't think any of the GOP's current crop compares favourably to Obama, and thats not necessarily that Obama is that good, but they are simply that bad. I also think that many Republican supporters, and especially the talking heads are guilty of extreme short-sightedness: the messes that Obama has had to deal with are all to due with mistakes of past administrations, going back not just to George W. Bush but back through Clinton, Bush Sr and Reagan. Obama may not have all the answers people want or expect, but I don't think anyone does, especially given that our society is all about instant gratification - we don't want solutions that take time to implement and make us stronger in the long run, we want things fixed not now but RIGHT now.

Yep. All presidents and candidates have been duds & culls since around Truman and Ike's days with extremely few exceptions, IMO.

There is one glaring laps of reason that Obama made, and that was to take the job, in the face of Bush's colossal blunders, and promise to try and fix it. To me, he just set himself up for failure as it would take a god to fix that mess.

That's not quite right, the mess could have been handled much better but it was possible. DUHbama's major blunders include ill-thought out and misplaced bailouts; ineffective use of his power in domestic issues; he puts too much stock in banks and bankers; he fails to show empathy for Americans in very bad economic situations; and he's a crappy negotiator in dealing with the Reps.
He's accomplished a few things, though. Certainly more than our Harper has. Here's a few: Obama has overhauled the food safety system, advanced women's rights in the work place, ended DADT) in the military, stopped defending DOMA, passed the hate crimes bill, expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it, expanded CHIP, invested in clean energy, overhauled the credit card industry and made it more consumer friendly, restarted regulation the financial sector (the Frank Dodd bill or whatever it's called), started the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a pile of stuff for vets, got a lot of help for people whose health suffered during 9/11, etc.

WLDB
+1

Someone had to take the job and the only way anyone would vote for someone is if they promise to fix a mess. Anyone who says "I promise to start to clean this mess" isn't going to get elected-even if its the reasonable thing to say and sets up realistic expectations.

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

That's not quite right, the mess could have been handled much better but it was possible. DUHbama's major blunders include ill-thought out and misplaced bailouts; ineffective use of his power in domestic issues; he puts too much stock in banks and bankers; he fails to show empathy for Americans in very bad economic situations; and he's a crappy negotiator in dealing with the Reps.

Definitely a poor negotiator, but it takes two. The other side will not give an inch.

Icarus27k
Who would vote for a 2012 Republican Presidential candidate?

I'll say about 47% of the U.S. electorate (45% if the candidate is Newt Gingrich). 50%-53% will vote for Barack Obama.

L Gilbert

Someone had to take the job and the only way anyone would vote for someone is if they promise to fix a mess. Anyone who says "I promise to start to clean this mess" isn't going to get elected-even if its the reasonable thing to say and sets up realistic expectations.

Definitely a poor negotiator, but it takes two. The other side will not give an inch.

Yep.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

I think bush is trying 'again' to get his grade 12 done successfully. After having him as the president,
obama is so, ' intelligent, and gives the u.s. some class, and doesn't show everyone how stupid the
electorate is, voting for a mindless twit like bush, 'twice', and watching the most war mongering any
country could have.

He jumped from afghanistan to iraq just 'because', to finish what his dad didn't do? what a crock,
and how damaging that was the country, and how that left afghanistan struggling, where they could have
finished the job there, and didn't.

Obama, or any person who had to pick up the pieces and the mess that bush left, would have problems,
and they certainly can't be fixed in four years.

Bush's mess maybe more in reputation that actual facts, although I think he did screw up big time with Katrina!

Goober
+1

Bush's mess maybe more in reputation that actual facts, although I think he did screw up big time with Katrina!

2 Trillion dollars and rising for 2 wars - Just 1 little thing.

ironsides
Obama had one term to get this mess straightened out, the Democrats had three more years than him. Even with a Democratic majority in both the Senate and House for his first two years as President, he couldn't get anything done except health care. I personally would like to see the Democrats run someone other than Obama, let him run as a Independent.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

L Gilbert

[FONT=Arial]Obama had one term to get this mess straightened out, the Democrats had three more years than him. Even with a Democratic majority in both the Senate and House for his first two years as President, he couldn't get anything done except health care.

Nonsense. Obama Administration’s Achievements (Thus Far) » Obama's Achievements Center (external - login to view)

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

2 Trillion dollars and rising for 2 wars - Just 1 little thing.

If you want to be completely fair most of that money wasn't spent on troops that were employed whereever they were. Doing a rough calculation 150,000 troops being paid $40 grand a year for 8 years works out to $4.8 to the 10th power, which is well into the $billions!

Goober
+1

Obama had one term to get this mess straightened out, the Democrats had three more years than him. Even with a Democratic majority in both the Senate and House for his first two years as President, he couldn't get anything done except health care. I personally would like to see the Democrats run someone other than Obama, let him run as a Independent.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Was reading an article that had Biden going to State and Clinton as VP -

With the Newt aka the Toad dragging this out till March or later the Repubs are doing Obama's work for him. Then they will all gather round the Repub nominee and sing,Kumbaya - and endorse the guy that they called everything but a traitor to the country. Oops I think one did do that. Well you know, shake hands and work together.
What a mess is what I see

Guees they as a party have to crater before they realize they are not connecting with the Voter. It looks like they are truly fuked for this election.

Spade
An American president is paralyzed by timidity in his first four years for fear of alienating the voter and being a one-term president. In his second term, he is a lame-duck whom the real power brokers ignore.

Obama showed great promise; however, he was too conscious of the above. Pity....
Last edited by Spade; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 07:31 PM..

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

An American president is paralyzed by timidity in his first four years for fear of alienating the voter and being a one-term president. In his second term, he is a lame-duck whom the real power brokes ignore.

Obama showed great promise; however, he was too conscious of the above. Pity....

Many of Obamas votes were a repudiation of the repubs and bush - Obama took that as a complete endorsement of his programs promised. He also went to far to the left with Nancy Pelosi wielding to much power.

gopher
+3

^ he votes Republican & explains why!

ironsides
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

An American president is paralyzed by timidity in his first four years for fear of alienating the voter and being a one-term president. In his second term, he is a lame-duck whom the real power brokers ignore.

It is a pity that Obama didn't deliver on his promises. He lost the support he had because of that, not to mention the idealists (2008 ) became realists (2012) today.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by NiflmirView Post

c. Campaigning in Spain to stop the Spanish from attempting to extradite Bush officials as mandated under the Geneva convention.

This should just be filed under LMAO.

Do continue and tell us where the Geneva Convention MANDATES the extradition of the former President and his aides?

Quote:

e. Starting an illegal war in Libya.

How on Earth did Obama start this!

Canada ran the whole thing. Clean up your own backyard before you start pointing at the neighbor's yard.