Italian Cruise Line disaster


#juan
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Maybe a couple of us should head over there. Maybe those "pizza makers" don't know about fixing boats! (Ooooops I shouldn't have said that, there will be some sh*t about racism from the usual suspect)

One thing we havn't yet addressed is what sort of a deal the insurance companies have. Will they write the ship off
or repair it? How much are the insurance companies liable for? Will it cover the cost of repairs? I'm guessing that
the company that employed the captain will have to eat a sizable portion of the bill.
 
JLM
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

One thing we havn't yet addressed is what sort of a deal the insurance companies have. Will they write the ship off
or repair it? How much are the insurance companies liable for? Will it cover the cost of repairs? I'm guessing that
the company that employed the captain will have to eat a sizable portion of the bill.

Over THERE, who knows!! Whatever they pay, they'll get it out of the captain's hide while he's breaking rocks at 10 lira a week!
 
WLDB
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

the company that employed the captain will have to eat a sizable portion of the bill.

At his salary it would likely take centuries before he'd be able to pay for a fraction of the damage.
 
JLM
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

At his salary it would likely take centuries before he'd be able to pay for a fraction of the damage.

No doubt his "plate" would be rather full!
 
bill barilko
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

One thing we havn't yet addressed is what sort of a deal the insurance companies have. Will they write the ship off or repair it?

I can't see anyone ever booking a trip aboard that hulk ever again can you?

Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

How much are the insurance companies liable for? Will it cover the cost of repairs? I'm guessing that the company that employed the captain will have to eat a sizable portion of the bill.

With a company as big as Carnival wouldn't they insure themselves?

Depends on gubmint regoolayshun I suppose.
 
TenPenny
#96
Insurance and reinsurance, that's what Lloyds is all about.
 
Kreskin
-1
#97
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Live) - YouTube (external - login to view)
 
Blackleaf
#98
It's appropriate that it happened in the year which sees the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

I was surprised to learn that the Costa Concordia is bigger than the Titanic was.
 
JLM
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It's appropriate that it happened in the year which sees the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

I was surprised to learn that the Costa Concordia is bigger than the Titanic was.

I wasn't as the C.C. was carrying twice the # of passengers as the Titanic.
 
WLDB
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post


I was surprised to learn that the Costa Concordia is bigger than the Titanic was.

The Titanic is pretty small compared to most cruise ships today. It was 100 years ago after all. The CC is three times the size of the Titanic in terms of weight. Even if the Titanic hadn't sank it would have lost the title of largest ship in the world within a few months.
 
EagleSmack
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Does anyone recall lifeboat drills on Titanic? Unsinkable is still a myth....

They only would have had to have the drills for half the passengers at any rate.

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

The Titanic is pretty small compared to most cruise ships today. It was 100 years ago after all. The CC is three times the size of the Titanic in terms of weight. Even if the Titanic hadn't sank it would have lost the title of largest ship in the world within a few months.

But not as quick as it lost the title of "Unsinkable".
 
#juan
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

They only would have had to have the drills for half the passengers at any rate.



But not as quick as it lost the title of "Unsinkable".

The Titanic had two sister ships: the Britanic and the Olympic, The Olympic Had a reasonably long life, finally broken up
and scrapped in 1935, the last of the trio of White Star luxury liners. The Britanic had struck a mine in 1916 and sank.
 

Similar Threads

6
Our Cruise Ship Tourists
by missile | Nov 21st, 2008
28
tom Cruise we are going to be attacked by aliens
by Dreadful Nonsense | Oct 2nd, 2007
43
CRUISE ''I HAVE LIVED BEFORE''
by mrmom2 | Sep 20th, 2005
10
Sick of Tom Cruise?
by Cosmo | Aug 7th, 2005
no new posts