Kim Jong Il is dead.

petros
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

lone wolf
I hope his kid's not as nuts.

Cannuck
Kim Jong-un - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

Wonder what, if any, difference it will make

Serryah
Probably none. Business as usual most likely.

Kreskin
Gonna miss Uncle Il.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Kim Jong-un - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

Wonder what, if any, difference it will make

No sequel to Team America.

gopher
Hopefully, this will bring reform to NK.

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

No sequel to Team America.

America **** yeah!!!!

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv5TEvacFETvM

Last edited by Cannuck; Dec 18th, 2011 at 09:53 PM..

Bar Sinister
+2
Considering the brilliant leadership shown under Kim's rule one would have to hope that his successor couldn't do any worse.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Considering the brilliant leadership shown under Kim's rule one would have to hope that his successor couldn't do any worse.

only time will tell......as his son is being named as the successor. Not formally announced as yet.

He apparently died of a stroke ( says one source) a heart attack (says another ) or "over worked" source: N.Korea Media.

This planet will not be recognizable in five or so years with the many changes taking place.

Retired_Can_Soldier
What's his son's name? Kim Jong Better

mentalfloss
omgz

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3 / -1
This just in Kim Jong Il is not dead. It was all a big mistake. Hugo Chavez on the other hand? He has been impaled on Fidel Castro's hog.

Kreskin

It's Kim Hung Il.

mentalfloss
+1
Tis a sad day indeed.

It seems now, with the nation in the hands of a computer nerd, we may never receive those inevitable nukes that would have obliterated the continent.

Shame.

Ron in Regina

(From: Kim Jong-il - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view))
  • Kim Sul-song (external - login to view) (daughter)
  • Kim Jong-nam (external - login to view) (son)
  • Kim Jong-chul (external - login to view) (son)
  • Kim Jong-un (external - login to view) (son)
Kim's first wife, Kim Young-sook, was the daughter of a high
-ranking military official. His father Kim Il-Sung handpicked
her to marry his son. The two have been estranged for
some years. Kim has a daughter from this marriage,
Kim Sul-song (born 1974).

Kim's first mistress, Song Hye-rim, was a star of North Korean
films. She was married to another man when they met; Kim is
reported to have forced her husband to divorce her. The
relationship was not officially recognized, and after
years of estrangement she is believed to have
died in Moscow in the Central Clinical
Hospital in 2002. They had one son,
Kim Jong-nam (born 1971) who is
Kim Jong-il's eldest son.

His second mistress, Ko Young-hee, was a Japanese-born ethnic
Korean and a dancer. She had taken over the role of First
Lady until her death reportedly of cancer in 2004.
They had two sons, Kim Jong-chul, in 1981, and
Kim Jong-un (also "Jong Woon" or
"Jong Woong"), in 1983.

MHz
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Anybody know if he was abused as a child. If changes happen then he was truly in control, if things remain the same then he was just a figurehead and his being the problem was a false-flag operation and the real power is simply hidden from view.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Anybody know if he was abused as a child. If changes happen then he was truly in control, if things remain the same then he was just a figurehead and his being the problem was a false-flag operation and the real power is simply hidden from view.

Hell....it's not even a sure thing what his actual name
was at birth...so who knows?....and nobody will ever
know now.

MHz
I wonder how long it will take for his replacement to be labeled worse?

bill barilko
+1
Well the ultra expensive French Cognac market is about to take hit-he loved that sh!t.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Team America - Kim Jong Il lonely song - YouTube

bobnoorduyn
+2
It would be nice to say, "meet the new despot, same as the old despot", but history shows that what follows bad is usually at least twice as worse. Junior doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the knife drawer, and that somehow makes me even more jittery.

lone wolf
From an obit:

North Korean legend has it that Kim was born on Mount Paekdu, one of Korea's most cherished sites, in 1942, a birth heralded in the heavens by a pair of rainbows and a brilliant new star. Soviet records, however, indicate he was born in Siberia, in 1941.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

It would be nice to say, "meet the new despot, same as the old despot", but history shows that what follows bad is usually at least twice as worse. Junior doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the knife drawer, and that somehow makes me even more jittery.

I recall reading about "Jr. " and there was comment about his "challenges". (intellectual and other)

...Gosh knows what will take place under him. On one hand , this might be a window of opportunity (transitions like this leave the governing system vulnerable. ) for the people to rise up and rebel....but that would be high risk and bloody.....As dear leader 2 would just use the military to regain control quick like.

bobnoorduyn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

I recall reading about "Jr. " and there was comment about his "challenges". (intellectual and other)

...Gosh knows what will take place under him. On one hand , this might be a window of opportunity (transitions like this leave the governing system vulnerable. ) for the people to rise up and rebel....but that would be high risk and bloody.....As dear leader 2 would just use the military to regain control quick like.

One of our associates covertly snapped a photo of a painting while visiting the DPRK earlier this year, of a leader in military garb that has a striking resemblance to Hung. There is a bit of a story here I won't go into, because I don't know all the details, but the writing was on the wall, so to speak. It is no secret that junior was being groomed. This transition will only be bloody if junior is bent on reform, which I doubt he is. I suspect he will be even more heavy handed than dad, if only to prove his worth to his handlers. The proletariat is so downtrodden and impoverished, I don't think they have the wherewithall to survive to next Tuesday let alone stage an uprising.

WLDB
This will be interesting.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

This will be interesting.

Ya! Fourth largest army in the world...

Nukes....

The US can't afford to stop him if he took over the South...

Think he'll do it?

Locutus
+1
The grorious reader was ill for a rong time.

TenPenny
+2
Kim Jong Ill is now Kim Jong Dead.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

From an obit:

North Korean legend has it that Kim was born on Mount Paekdu, one of Korea's most cherished sites, in 1942, a birth heralded in the heavens by a pair of rainbows and a brilliant new star. Soviet records, however, indicate he was born in Siberia, in 1941.

I never trusted the Russians