Fraud found in the immigration department.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
It is about time that the government cracked down on this stuff.

Of course, they STILL refuse to restore Citizenship to many of the "Lost Canadians", who have a legitimate claim to Canadian Citizenship. That group includes retired Canadian Military personnel, people who have live din Canada since infancy, etc. But people who have never lived in Canada, and who have absolutely NO ties to the country are granted citizenship?

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... by "consultants" they mean lawyers, no? probably ...

... it's impossible for this kind of widespread government fraud to take place without MAJOR assistance from a lot of government employees. yet no government employees are being charged. very suspicious ...

... this is another blatant example of a government guilty of massive misconduct pointing its finger at everyone else while refusing to take any responsibility for its own misconduct ...

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Probably...no. By "consultants," I believe they mean consultants.

You can be a consultant without being a lawyer. I mean you
yourself can be a consultant without being a lawyer.

I'm a consultant and I dont even have grade 12! lol!

I think we should take care of our own here period before letting anymore folks in.
We have children living in poverty here in Canada and people not working because companies are doing what they can to get more immigrants in who will work for less.
We have reserves that have been ignored and people living in squalor so we should take care of our own first.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Note that the subject line is completely misleading-there is no fraud in the department-in fact it was the department that discovered the fraud.

If there is fraud on one side you can bet there is fraud on the other as well. Sometimes these are referred to as ministers permits.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Baseless speculation worth the paper it's written on-as per your SOP you have NFC-where is your proof?

Do you know what a ministers permit is? Since you are clueless I will make it simple: When despots and other rich undesirables desire to live in Canada instead of facing the music back home and do not qualify either as an immigrant or a refugee they get the immigration minister to exempt them from the rules. This requires cash. It does not end up in general revenue.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Do you know what a ministers permit is? Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah more Bee Ess and ignorant bull than a person thought possible....
Yes I do-unlike you I actually have some education.

PM me for addresses of institutes of (not too for one such as you) higher learning in your area.

Now back to the trailer park with you!

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Fraud in the dept? No. What the problem is that the govt is giving away citizenship far too easily. Three years is nothing. As a result we sell citizenship of convenience. Foreigners who come to Canada should have to stay and actually live in the country for 7-10 years to get citizenship. You can't become a Canadian who cares and has an interest in the country unless you spend a considerable portion of your life here. Too many foreigners get citizenship and then leave. But often want to be airlifted out if there's trouble like in Lebanon a few years back. They are not Canadians, and it's our fault.

Here's a link how dual citizens from China and Iran steal technology and go unpunished. We're just too slack.
Foreigners set up fronts to procure Canadian weapons: cable | CTV News

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I'm a consultant and I dont even have grade 12! lol!

I think we should take care of our own here period before letting anymore folks in.
We have children living in poverty here in Canada and people not working because companies are doing what they can to get more immigrants in who will work for less.
We have reserves that have been ignored and people living in squalor so we should take care of our own first.

Immigrants create jobs actually. Many business firms don't advertise job openings. What happens is that people constantly apply, and the company constantly interviews. When an appropriate candidate shows up for interview, they offer them the job, if they aren't a citizen then the company tries to get them a visa while if they are Canadian there is no problem.

Companies won't (and shouldn't) take a Canadian that doesn't apply or isn't qualified.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Fraud in the dept? No. What the problem is that the govt is giving away citizenship far too easily. Three years is nothing. As a result we sell citizenship of convenience. Foreigners who come to Canada should have to stay and actually live in the country for 7-10 years to get citizenship. You can't become a Canadian who cares and has an interest in the country unless you spend a considerable portion of your life here. Too many foreigners get citizenship and then leave. But often want to be airlifted out if there's trouble like in Lebanon a few years back. They are not Canadians, and it's our fault.

Here's a link how dual citizens from China and Iran steal technology and go unpunished. We're just too slack.
Foreigners set up fronts to procure Canadian weapons: cable | CTV News

Says who? I'm sure if I was a native of Zimbabwe and a country like Canada accepted me as a citizen I would be very appreciative and take an interest right from day one. In matters such as this you speak for yourself. :lol:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Immigrants create jobs actually. Many business firms don't advertise job openings. What happens is that people constantly apply, and the company constantly interviews. When an appropriate candidate shows up for interview, they offer them the job, if they aren't a citizen then the company tries to get them a visa while if they are Canadian there is no problem.

Companies won't (and shouldn't) take a Canadian that doesn't apply or isn't qualified.

If immigrants make so many jobs, then why is there a slowdown and harder to find a job right now? Immigrants boost a booming economy, that's it. They do not even export, as about 75% of our exports still go to the USA, no change in 30 years. Twenty years of sky high immigration from Asia and Africa have not increased exports to those two continents.

Sure, immigrants create new niches and businesses Canadians don't see, but they are generally marginal, as the evidence shows. Our economy is slow because the USA is stagnant. People from the third world to Canada are not going to solve a stagnant USA economy.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:canada:When I applied the Dept. asked me what qualifications I had and where I had obtained them.

I told them a PHD in philosophical quadratic contradictions from the University of Bengal.

They asked me which job I wanted and I told them I wanted to be Prime Minister of Canada.

They told me I was overqualified and sent me home.8O

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Says who? I'm sure if I was a native of Zimbabwe and a country like Canada accepted me as a citizen I would be very appreciative and take an interest right from day one. In matters such as this you speak for yourself. :lol:

You are not from Zimbabwe, so what you say is pure speculation. Many smart Zimbabweans are rotting in their country as they live in one of many backward countries in Africa. They can become good Canadians too, in time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are not from Zimbabwe, so what you say is pure speculation. Many smart Zimbabweans are rotting in their country as they live in one of many backward countries in Africa. They can become good Canadians too, in time.

Well, I know if I spend 10 minutes in a smelly sh*thouse I sure appreciate getting out, so why would I feel any differently about getting out of Zimbabwe?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Zimbabwe is not a total poophouse. The weather is nice and hot there and here it's cold. Most Zimbabweans want to live in their own country.

You should visit there and tell us what it's like. I don't think you became Zimbabwean in the last half hour. The culture there, is quite different from here.