Police take down Houston gunman on video

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Everyone seems to miss the irony in the OP....
While in several threads, some bemean the tea party members as gun toting yahoos and claim that the occupiers hold the moral high ground......there you go...I'm shocked:smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"Twohig was not known to Occupy Houston participants."

This guy was not part of the Occupy crowd. From the report, it sounds like he went there to commit "suicide by cop". You guys are getting desperate to find dirt on the occupy movement.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"Twohig was not known to Occupy Houston participants."

This guy was not part of the Occupy crowd. From the report, it sounds like he went there to commit "suicide by cop". You guys are getting desperate to find dirt on the occupy movement.

If that were the case, I would not have intentionally altered the thread title to omit the word 'Occupy', as it is seen in countless news headlines everywhere about this very incident.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ha ha typical donuts eating cops. Did ywou see how many times they missed and then only got him in the leg. :p

Ever faced down someone armed? been in a gun fight?

The FIRST thing that goes under stress is fine motor skills.........that means shooting ability. In addition your hands are sweating, your heart rate leaps, making your hands shake....

People that score 100% on the combat course I used to teach typically hit at about a 20% rate on the street, in a real fight.

Don't talk unless you've been there.........

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yeah, and then of course, if the brutes had shot center of mass and maybe killed the psycho, then there would be hell to pay.

"Why didn't they aim for the legs?" "Why, why did they have to do that? Why!"

Ya know what, shut up. :lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yeah, and then of course, if the brutes had shot center of mass and maybe killed the psycho, then there would be hell to pay.

"Why didn't they aim for the legs?" "Why, why did they have to do that? Why!"

Ya know what, shut up. :lol:

I know, double tap, center of body mass, make their statements and leave the rest to the other Police and the coroner. Could have then headed back to the donut shop as 1 had mentioned.
And the other positives - If employed at a high level, people would have been promoted, job vacancy, lowers the unemployment level. So many positives.
What in hell were they thinking.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ha ha typical donuts eating cops. Did ywou see how many times they missed and then only got him in the leg. :p

Another shining example of the very height of ignorance

The FIRST thing that goes under stress is fine motor skills.........that means shooting ability. In addition your hands are sweating, your heart rate leaps, making your hands shake....

People that score 100% on the combat course I used to teach typically hit at about a 20% rate on the street, in a real fight.

If they had wanted to aim for center of the visible mass I am sure they could have dispatched him.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Another shining example of the very height of ignorance
You mean cops that can't aim worth sh*t and yet fire multiple rounds in the middle of a city? They're just lucky nobody else took a bullet or got caught with a ricochet!

If they had wanted to aim for center of the visible mass I am sure they could have dispatched him.
That is what they were aiming for...like they are all trained to do. I never met a cop that didn't get trained to aim for the biggest possible target. No head shots, no wounding, just right in the middle of the chest.

I have to agree with Colpy on this. Nerves and adrenaline affect their skills and aim.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Not to mention the fact that you are (potentially) taking someone's life. Regardless if it's necessary, I would imagine that it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not to mention the fact that you are (potentially) taking someone's life. Regardless if it's necessary, I would imagine that it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.
It may not be easy but if they are endangering others, then I don't think I would hesitate.

The guy in the clip, though, looked like he was going for suicide by cop, so knee capping him was the proper thing to do. If they killed hi, they would have some serious emotional backlash going on.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Truly, I don't think much thinking goes on other than checking to make sure no one else is in the line of fire.

It would be more instinct than anything. Afterwards is when the deep thoughts occur(at least, that is what I think would happen).

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It would be more instinct than anything. Afterwards is when the deep thoughts occur(at least, that is what I think would happen).
Hind sight is always clearer and we always question our choices even if they don't involve ripping someone a new one.