Sun News Attacked by Failed NDP Candidate!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Colpy, these guys talk too long. I start nodding off after a couple of minutes.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
"Another freedom-hater takes on the Sun"

Sounds like a Bush-ism. I can't take such things seriously. You know whats nice about not having tv or cable? Not seeing this-ever. I'm fine with disagreeing opinions, I'm just glad I'm not paying for them.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
"Another freedom-hater takes on the Sun"

Sounds like a Bush-ism. I can't take such things seriously. You know whats nice about not having tv or cable? Not seeing this-ever. I'm fine with disagreeing opinions, I'm just glad I'm not paying for them.

The man's trying to suppress someone's right to speak! You should be screaming bloody murder!!! What Erickson is trying to do is unacceptable!

Of course I'm not surprised, suppressing free speech is the M.O. for the left:

Students Who "Support" Free Speech Want to Ban Conservatives From Radio & TV - YouTube

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
The man's trying to suppress someone's right to speak! You should be screaming bloody murder!!! What Erickson is trying to do is unacceptable!

Part of freedom of speech is putting up with those who say they don't want others to have freedom of speech. They have a right to say that. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. There's always someone saying that.

Simply saying something isn't a threat. Thats why we're allowed to say whatever we want.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup, one bozo attacks free speech and he is a lefty or a righty, depending who and what side of the fence you sit. The whole left/right debate has become absurdly childish.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Simply saying something isn't a threat.

He didn't simply just say something! He TOOK ACTION by complaining to the governing body over Sun News who ran the ad!

He WANTS FURTHER ACTION with FREE ad time(preferential treatment) for his point of view and "sensitivity training" for those who oppose him!

He's a fascist! And you're trying to deflect rightly deserved criticism!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He didn't simply just say something! He TOOK ACTION by complaining to the governing body over Sun News who ran the ad!

He WANTS FURTHER ACTION with FREE ad time(preferential treatment) for his point of view and "sensitivity training" for those who oppose him!

He's a fascist! And you're trying to deflect rightly deserved criticism!
And you get just as upset when someone points out the ridiculous rantings of the right wing nut jobs.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The whole left/right debate has become absurdly childish.

Then the left should give up if you feel that way! The left are like children demanding ice cream for breakfast, and conservatives are the unpopular parents who know better!

You'll get a tummy ache!:razz:

And you get just as upset when someone points out the ridiculous rantings of the right wing nut jobs.

Example?

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Then the left should give up if you feel that way! The left are like children demanding ice cream for breakfast, and conservatives are the unpopular parents who know better!

You'll get a tummy ache! :p

Example?
Very silly example as conservatives can be just as childish and unreasonable as any child.

Nice edit but I gotcha before you took it away. Ha!

I'm not going back to look for any. But your above rant is something that you have been doing a lot lately.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Very silly example as conservatives can be just as childish and unreasonable as any child.

Nice edit but I gotcha before you took it away. Ha!

I'm not going back to look for any. But your above rant is something that you have been doing a lot lately.

If a right winger wanted to suppress free speech just like this clown I would have the same judgment against him.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I can't watch it. Do you you have a link to an article, Colpy?

Here ya be:

Lilley

As for the crybaby Erickson and his wee demands...

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm not a big fan of Sun's format so I really don't watch it much. Maybe Margie Gillis and the gang should do the same.

Another Freedom Hater Takes on the Sun. Good grief, stick that in the garbage with the Freedom Fries.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Meh, there's always some self-righteous griper sounding off and always some self-righteous offended person attempting to stifle free speech by shouting it down. It's not a left-right thing. It's an idiot thing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think "stifling free speech" is a bit of a stretch.

Erikson is a nutter to be sure, but I don't think he was attempting to stifle free speech.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Hey! Be nice. Lilley has nice hair.

I've got nothing against Brian Lilley or his hair. I don't like the round the clock commentary or the coining of stupid catch phrases like: Freedom Hater.

I do like the women of Sun News though.

Krista Erickson

jacqui delaney