Just say sorry Sid

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
TORONTO - Is it that hard to apologize, Sid?

Apparently it is.

But for his bullying, rude and vulgar performance during an interview at the St. James Park eviction Wednesday, newly re-elected president of the Ontario Federation of Labour Sid Ryan owes a big one to the Sun News Network’s Jacqui Delaney.

We gave him the chance Thursday and he chose to not take it.
In fact he tried put the blame on Delaney and the Sun. The problem, though, is the video doesn’t lie. The best thing for you to do is to watch the video for yourself.

What you will see is Ryan accept an invitation to leave his protest group on Jarvis St. to be interviewed live on Delaney’s Newswire show. You will also see him become irritated at a question wondering with the police trying to calm things down, whether this was the appropriate time to rally already-defeated troops?

You will see him grab strongly Delaney’s arm and pull it down and then later grab her wrist — before calling her a “**** disturber” and storming off.

“He grabbed me by the back of the upper arm and used that force to turn my body away from him,” Delaney told me last night when I appeared with her on Charles Adler’s TV show. “As my arm went forward he then switched hands and grabbed me by the forearm and at some point was actually shaking me.”

Maybe this is why some call him Sid Vicious.

But normally affable and likeable Ryan has a different take on it.

“She pulled me by the arm to pull me over and I just put my hand on her shoulder to say ‘hey, I’ve got to go to my crowd.’ So she can feel what she likes but she’s an agitator and I am not playing your little silly game with SUN TV.”

One must be an agitator if Sid Ryan is calling you one. And he must want us to play more serious games like sponsoring some crystal meth addicts, mental health patients, homeless, anarchists and communists to run the front lines in your war on capitalism, Mayor Rob Ford and destroy a public park.

No agitation there.

He didn’t finish his interview with me either — choosing to walk away from the camera. But later in the full session of the 11th Biennial Convention of the OFL at the not exactly low-rent Sheraton Centre he said the Sun News Network was “making a big deal out of the fact this reporter pulled me over by the arm” and that she “began to denigrate the labour movement and the folks in it for coming down.”

He went on to say “she said we were creating trouble” and “sometimes I like to be direct so I basically called her a **** disturber,” said Ryan, adding “Sun TV likes to be dramatic and is looking for ratings. The TV station is going down the toilet anyways.”
After the crowd laughed and cheered he told them “now getting down to more important issues of the day instead of getting distracted by these fools.”

I actually heard some coppers say the same thing about his stunt Wednesday.
Whatever way it’s spun it still doesn’t change the fact this is no way to treat a journalist or anybody. I doubt Ryan would have tried that union thug approach of 260-pound reporter Chris Doucette or photographer Dave Thomas — or at least without a dental appointment already made.

When you watch the video you will see she did none of what he told his delegates but simply asked him a fair question which he didn’t have the class to answer. Delaney is hardly a shrinking violet or easily intimidated but did admit to me that her arm actually did hurt.
“I was definitely thrown off by the way he grabbed me but tried to play it off as being good natured,” said Delaney. "But after watching it back, I really was taken aback. I wonder what Sid would say had he witnessed a police officer treating a protester in that manner?”
Well, Sid, maybe you can answer that one to Delaney yourself because you, at least, owe her an in-studio appearance if you are not going to be man enough to apologize.

“We’re not looking for one but if he feels he needs to apologize that’s up to him,” said Sun News director of marketing Dennis Matthews. “But we are looking forward to having him come on — though we hope he leaves his potty mouth at the park and hands off our hosts.”

Just say you are sorry, Sid.

video and source:

Sid storms off : Featured TOR : Videos

Just say sorry, Sid | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

A manly man.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Loc always posts his personal comments after the link. I didn't think it was too hard to figure out.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I always try to circumvent the auto-censor.

Don't think I could stomach having big e-brother turning sh!t or fukk into ****.

Just doesn't have the same flavor to it. Besides, someone could intreprt my astericks as nice, kind loving words or something stupid like that. :lol:

Couldn't have that. Couldn't have that at all.

Still doesn't change the fact though that Sid is a pussy.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I heard about this on Adler this afternoon. Chuck had a good point in that he wondered what would have happened if a Conservative had done something like that. "Where is Judy Rebick" was his comment.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Good grief, Locutus...................for a minute there I thought my hero had tarnished his wings. Hint.....next time print the entire name?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Good grief, Locutus...................for a minute there I thought my hero had tarnished his wings. Hint.....next time print the entire name?

That's who I thought it was about too, from the title of the thread. lol.

So, I guess I'll not tell you about my nieces impression of him when she met him then?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What? A scumbag public union leach won't say sorry? Admit an error? Mistake? And has a boat load of excuses?

Say it isn't so!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That's who I thought it was about too, from the title of the thread. lol.

So, I guess I'll not tell you about my nieces impression of him when she met him then?

I would like to know your niece's impression of Sid, SLM. I'm a big girl. :smile:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What? A scumbag public union leach won't say sorry? Admit an error? Mistake? And has a boat load of excuses?

Say it isn't so!

I know your world is shattered but tomorrow is another day, the sun will rise again, yada, yada yada.

Feel better? :)

I would like to know your niece's impression of Sid, SLM. I'm a big girl. :smile:

She and a bunch of friends ran into him one night at a club, pre NHL days, and she just told us he came of as excessively vain and arrogant.

That's all. No real biggie, I was mostly just teasing you. ;)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I know your world is shattered but tomorrow is another day, the sun will rise again, yada, yada yada.

Feel better? :)

She and a bunch of friends ran into him one night at a club, pre NHL days, and she just told us he came of as excessively vain and arrogant.

Well the bloom is definitely off the rose now. LOL! :smile: I guess that can happen when you pick a human for your hero. ;-)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

lol.... he was a young jock. Is there such a thing as excessively arrogant with them?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well the bloom is definitely off the rose now. LOL! :smile: I guess that can happen when you pick a human for your hero. ;-)

Nah! I knew that story ahead of time and still in Feb 2010, Vanoc, fell a little bit in love with The Kid, lol.

lol.... he was a young jock. Is there such a thing as excessively arrogant with them?

Oh of course. If I bring up his name to this day she'll tell that same story. And just go on about what a jerk he is, lol.

Just a young girl with a bit of hero worship who met a "guy", lol. Talk about a letdown eh? ;)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Me and some co-workers were sitting in the Tin Palace in Edmonton during the early 80's and Gretzky, Messier, Semenko and some other guy came in, walked up to a table and Semenko told the people sitting there "You are in Wayne's seat". They got up and moved. We just about fell out of our chairs. I was never a Gretzky fan or an Oiler fan again.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Sir Ryan was always quick with the lip and slow with the brain. Even for this ol' dyed in the wool union guy, he was hard to take sometimes. Glad then, and even gladder now he didn't represent me. His bros and sisters have and are doing not bad.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nah! I knew that story ahead of time and still in Feb 2010, Vanoc, fell a little bit in love with The Kid, lol.

Well at least he's keeping his hockey skills honed - he got three points in the 1rst period against the Sens tonight - 7 point total since he got back - but hey, who's counting.:lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Me and some co-workers were sitting in the Tin Palace in Edmonton during the early 80's and Gretzky, Messier, Semenko and some other guy came in, walked up to a table and Semenko told the people sitting there "You are in Wayne's seat". They got up and moved. We just about fell out of our chairs. I was never a Gretzky fan or an Oiler fan again.

:roll: Yeah sure thing we believe yuh! :roll:

Sid's always been a bit of an idiot.

Miss Delaney is looking and sounding good.

Last edited: