Fox News Makes You Stupid! (Justin Trudeau)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
While I've never seen any scientific study done, judging by most of the posts by Sun fans that I've read, I wouldn't be surprised if there is something to Justin's idea.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
A couple things about that piece

- Ezra was correct in that Justin Trudeau is an idiot who is famous because of who his dad was, and for no other reason. If he didn't have the last name Trudeau, he probably wouldn't be elected in even in Montreal.

- Ezra was guilty of some of the same shoddy jumping to conclusions as the poll he slammed. He started off by saying all the categories were equal within the margin of error, then ended on a diatribe about Fox viewers being the most informed Americans, which this source indicated is not really in evidence, even taking into account the responses on the Egyptian question.

- OK I get this school that did the poll provides some programs with dubious value but U of T is Canada's top university? I'd like to see some back up on that. It is A top school but according to the Macleans surveys, the last couple years McGill has been #1. A lot depends on what type of program you're talking about. I DO know its not the top engineering school...

- The way he kept calling Trudeau "shiny pony" was creeping me out... Seriously

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
- Ezra was correct in that Justin Trudeau is an idiot who is famous because of who his dad was, and for no other reason. If he didn't have the last name Trudeau, he probably wouldn't be elected in even in Montreal.

- The way he kept calling Trudeau "shiny pony" was creeping me out... Seriously
Same goes for the creepy Mulroney on the morning news.

Yeah the 'shiny pony" thing is an expression of Ezra's jealousy and sexual shortcomings.

I've tried to find where the study says FOX viewers reduced their intelligence by watching but I've found this quote several times.

the University of Maryland, conducted a survey
of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more
misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the
study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases
misinformation

So what is the stink?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
35 guests are viewing this thread.

The astroturfers are out in full force.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Wow.... I've never listened to Ezra before, but that was just creepy. I have a hard time listening to him gush over Trudeau. It didn't come across sarcastic as I'm sure he meant it too... it came off as him trying to be sarcastic because he really does tug it to Trudeau and hates himself for it.