Child falls from 6th floor apartment balcony

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
There's too much of this going on.

A six-year-old girl is in critical condition after falling from a sixth-floor balcony in Scarborough early Thursday morning.

It happened around 4:30 a.m. at an apartment building on Midland Avenue, near Eglinton.

Paramedics say the child was breathing, but unconscious, when she was taken to Sick Kids hospital.

Police took a woman into custody. It's not clear whether she is a victim or suspect.

The area was briefly closed to traffic and has since reopened.

Child falls from apartment balcony - CityNews

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It's quite obvious something is very wrong here. At this time of the year for one thing, why was a window open far enough for a child to fall out of and most six year olds are not up and about at 4:30 A.M. Looks like the woman is more than a person of interest.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's quite obvious something is very wrong here. At this time of the year for one thing, why was a window open far enough for a child to fall out of and most six year olds are not up and about at 4:30 A.M. Looks like the woman is more than a person of interest.

She had to be taken in a stretcher to the hospital. She was locked on the balcony and had to be 'talked down' by the ETF. At the very least its a profound sense shock if it was just a fall or an extreme sense of guilt if more. No facts yet so its all speculation. Since if could be a fall, I will reserve judgment until more facts are known.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If my kid fell six stories, I'd be not far behind them. I'd need to be taken away in a fancy coat.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There's too much of this going on.

A six-year-old girl is in critical condition after falling from a sixth-floor balcony in Scarborough early Thursday morning.

Apparently this was initally misreported by the media, the girl is supposedly only three years old.

She had to be taken in a stretcher to the hospital. She was locked on the balcony and had to be 'talked down' by the ETF. At the very least its a profound sense shock if it was just a fall or an extreme sense of guilt if more. No facts yet so its all speculation. Since if could be a fall, I will reserve judgment until more facts are known.

Agreed.

But I have a really bad feeling about this. I've read that a few neighbours have heard the woman (mother) out on her balcony in the middle of the night screaming "Repent. The end is coming."

If my kid fell six stories, I'd be not far behind them. I'd need to be taken away in a fancy coat.

You and me both.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Apparently the mother was out on the balcony naked while yelling "repent, repent, the end is coming". The woman is only 24 herself. It has been confirmed that she is the child's mother and that the neighbour above her has heard lots of noise coming from that apartment before and that night. 3 years old and she is supposed to repent because the end is coming!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Apparently the mother was out on the balcony naked while yelling "repent, repent, the end is coming". The woman is only 24 herself. It has been confirmed that she is the child's mother and that the neighbour above her has heard lots of noise coming from that apartment before and that night. 3 years old and she is supposed to repent because the end is coming!!

I could see you being disgusted with her viewpoint if she was even remotely sane, but it doesn't really sound like she was.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I could see you being disgusted with her viewpoint if she was even remotely sane, but it doesn't really sound like she was.
She doesn't sound sane to me in the least. To be on he deck nude at this time of the year is a little chilly. I wasn't disgusted with her other than what she has (may have) done to her child. If she wants to be out yelling and nude on her deck - she's not bothering me. It's not like she lives next door.