A group of Jewish settlers Monday stoned an elderly Palestinian lady

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Settlers Stone Elderly Palestinian Lady

October 31, 2011 (WAFA) – A group of Jewish settlers Monday stoned an elderly Palestinian lady as she was picking olives in Mukhmas, a village southeast of Ramallah in the West Bank, according to local sources.

The 80-year-old woman was reported to be injured in the head and transferred to hospital for treatment.

Settlers have escalated their attacks on Palestinians, especially farmers, since the beginning of October to coincide with the olive picking season, a time of great significance to the Palestinian community.

R.Q./F.J.

Source

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Do you have any other collaborating news source on this besides Arab?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Do you have any other collaborating news source on this besides Arab?

Uuuummmm let me check.......... Nope.

But I'm sure its possible they are telling the truth. =) LOL
Crazier things have happened

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
and it's possible they are lying through their teeth.

Maybe. But

Why would a old lady going to pick olives come back all bloody and contact the news paper to say such lies?

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Maybe.

Why would a old lady going to pick olives say such lies?

Perhaps to fuel anger. How do you know she was going to pick olives? Are there more pictures to prove that she actually has injuries and that the blood on her clothes is actually from a wound? Why would you take this single Arab source at its word and question Western sources on theirs?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Who said the old lady lied. It is very possible that the whole article is BS.

It is very possible that all news we are given is fake. your right. Even from the mass media.

Perhaps to fuel anger. How do you know she was going to pick olives. Are there more pictures to prove that she actually has injuries and that the blood on her clothes is actually from a wound? Why would you take this single arab source at its word and question Western sources on theirs?

News is News

It should all be given a equal chance at being viewed. I'd say both sides lie Equally.
So your right it is probably a lie. =)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
News is News

It should all be given a equal chance at being viewed. I'd say both sides lie Equally.
So your right it is probably a lie. =)

I am not discounting that settlers are above this sort of thing. There are some real zealots in these settlements, but there is a history of the Palestinians and Arab media manipulating and embellishing in order to score propaganda.

So a single Arab news source does little to offer credibility to the story.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I am not discounting that settlers are above this sort of thing. There are some real zealots in these settlements, but there is a history of the Palestinians and Arab media manipulating and embellishing in order to score propaganda.

So a single Arab news source does little to offer credibility to the story.

True enough! If I find more links i'll add them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It falls in line with recent and stories of the past. Especially during olive harvest.

AFP October 21, 2011
NABLUS, Palestinian Territories — Jewish settlers on Friday attacked a group of around 200 Palestinians picking olives near a village in the northern West Bank, a local Palestinian official told AFP.

The clashes occurred in Jalud village some 15 kilometres south of Nablus and close to the settlement of Shilo, village council head Abdullah Qassam said.

"Settlers attacked us while we were picking olives and then there was rock throwing and fist fighting," Qassem told AFP, saying an Israeli army unit had broken up the confrontation by firing tear gas canisters.

Three people were taken to Rafidia hospital in Nablus after being beaten up, medical sources said.

An army spokesman confirmed the clashes, saying: "There was mutual rock throwing in that area and the soldiers responded with riot dispersal means, but the injuries weren't caused by the IDF (Israel Defence Forces)."

Every year, attacks by Jewish settlers against Palestinian olive farmers increase around the harvest time, which started last week.

According to international aid group Oxfam, there are approximately 9.5 million olive trees in the West Bank, where olive farming is a critical source of income for Palestinian farmers.

In a good year, the olive harvest contributes around $100 million in income to some of the poorest Palestinian communities.

Figures provided by the UN humanitarian agency OCHA show that in the first nine months of 2011, Jewish settlers destroyed 7,500 Palestinian-owned olive trees, a third of which were destroyed in September alone.

© Copyright (c) AFP

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is nothing to be thankful for really. Attacking a food source and killing 7500 olive trees so far in 2011 ranks right up there with withing stoning the people trying to harvest them.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010