War Enthusiasts call to Escalate "covert" war against Iran

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Congress Hears Calls to Escalate Covert War Against Iran
Former Officials Urge US to Start Killing People

by Jason Ditz, October 27, 2011

In a hearing that was vaguely related to the alleged DC assassination plot, a number of former officials and general war enthusiasts discussed ways to further escalate a covert war against Iran, including making the war more overt.

Congress Hears Calls to Escalate Covert War Against Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

Was is now a full fledged addiction for the US. They are determined to keep the war momentum going indefinately. One bomb at a time. :-( 8O :-(

Killing massive numbers of PEOPLE via elective wars, assassinations, Torture, Rape and other atrocities have become the new "norm". ....

Little wonder that the newly liberated folks have no qualms executing people./ deposed leaders. They have an example to go by. (one that glorifies these acts under the guise of "national security" or some other lie.)

It is no challenge to figure out who in Iran is in the US X hairs. His/their time is probably on count down .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Iranians are good people, I don't want to seem them suffer under the violence and destruction of western imperialism like Iraq and Afghanistan did.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Iranians are good people, I don't want to seem them suffer under the violence and destruction of western imperialism like Iraq and Afghanistan did.

Like in any nation, the problem resides with the gvt more so than the general population. That said, when the gvt's policies begin to represent the few and punish the many, you (as an outsider) have the choice to stand back and watch or get involved.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Like in any nation, the problem resides with the gvt more so than the general population. That said, when the gvt's policies begin to represent the few and punish the many, you (as an outsider) have the choice to stand back and watch or get involved.
Heh, "when the government's policies begin to represent the few and punish the many" ..... Where else does that exist, help me out here.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Congress Hears Calls to Escalate Covert War Against Iran
Former Officials Urge US to Start Killing People

by Jason Ditz, October 27, 2011

In a hearing that was vaguely related to the alleged DC assassination plot, a number of former officials and general war enthusiasts discussed ways to further escalate a covert war against Iran, including making the war more overt.

Congress Hears Calls to Escalate Covert War Against Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

Was is now a full fledged addiction for the US. They are determined to keep the war momentum going indefinately. One bomb at a time. :-( 8O :-(

Killing massive numbers of PEOPLE via elective wars, assassinations, Torture, Rape and other atrocities have become the new "norm". ....

Little wonder that the newly liberated folks have no qualms executing people./ deposed leaders. They have an example to go by. (one that glorifies these acts under the guise of "national security" or some other lie.)

It is no challenge to figure out who in Iran is in the US X hairs. His/their time is probably on count down .

Gee Whiz!! Gee willikers!

Methinks you are a little behind the times.......

First of all, America is withdrawing from Iraq, leaving it with a freely elected domestic government.

Secondly, the United States has refused to aid Israel's (quite justified) wish to destroy Iran's nuclear program by refusing to provide "bunker-busting" munitions and refusing logistic aid to the attack itself.

Both were (IMHO) huge mistakes, but there it is.....the USA demonstrably has no intention of military action against Iran.

Covert action??? Good thing! I mean, Iran is the world's greatest supporter of terror, being the power behind both Hamas and Hezbollah, and stirring up trouble and providing arms to our enemies in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

To say nothing of the plot to murder the Saudi ambassador.......BTW wikileaks revealed the SAUDS are so frightened of the Persian nuclear program they wanted the US and ISRAELIS to bomb it to bits.....:)

It ain't the USA being the trouble maker here, kiddo.

A little reality is in order.

Might I suggest you go live there???????

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The people good........but oppressed by a lunatic government.

Liberty costs blood....always.

Iran | Amnesty International

Oh, and the USA is leaving Iraq.....very very odd imperialism, that.......perhaps you don't understand the word????

Imperialism, as defined by Dictionary of Human Geography, is "the creation and/or maintenance of an unequal economic, cultural, and territorial relationships, usually between states and often in the form of an empire, based on domination and subordination."

America is the world's first non-imperial super-power.

Iran is among the top ten of the world's worst human rights offenders.....along with such wonderful places as China, North Korea, Syria..........

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You're living in a country that government's policies represent the few (rich elites) and punish many (poor)

Really... Looked into the progressive tax structure recently?

I have no problem engaging an objective discussion, but if you are bent on using a variety of cliche, ideological rants as discussion points, we might as well kill the conversation now.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
The people good........but oppressed by a lunatic government.

Ahmadinejad is no saint, but how is he any less of a lunatic than Netanyahu or George W Bush ?

Oh, and the USA is leaving Iraq.....very very odd imperialism, that.......perhaps you don't understand the word????[

Imperialism, as defined by Dictionary of Human Geography, is "the creation and/or maintenance of an unequal economic, cultural, and territorial relationships, usually between states and often in the form of an empire, based on domination and subordination."

America is the world's first non-imperial super-power.

Wow that's good to know that U.S troops are finally leaving an unjustified war that they went into under false pretenses after an inordinate amount of time. Thank you USA! :lol:
What a joke. U.S is by far the most imperialistic nation of today and that definition you posted describes the U.S quite well, how do you not know that?
Iran is among the top ten of the world's worst human rights offenders.....along with such wonderful places as China, North Korea, Syria..........

I'm not denying those countries have violated human rights. The problem is that you think the U.S is any better. They're just as bad if not worse than some of those countries. While domestically their human rights record may be better (but that's real debatable as well) must of the humans rights the U.S abuses are of foreign citizens'.

Really... Looked into the progressive tax structure recently?

I have no problem engaging an objective discussion, but if you are bent on using a variety of cliche, ideological rants as discussion points, we might as well kill the conversation now.
OH no, another one of those people who think the rich deserve better treatment and pay too much taxes. Occupy Wallstreet protests are occurring for good reason.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
OH no, another one of those people who think the rich deserve better treatment and pay too much taxes. Occupy Wallstreet protests are occurring for good reason.

I can see why your presence here provokes such derogatory comments at you. Nothing but unsubstantiated, ideological rants that have no basis in reality.

Out of curiosity, how come your not down at the local 'Occupy' protest in whatever hell hole you live in? Wouldn't your efforts be better served there rather than online at CC trying to convert sane and level headed folks that won't be fooled by your bullsh*t?

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
I can see why your presence here provokes such derogatory comments at you. Nothing but unsubstantiated, ideological rants that have no basis in reality.

Out of curiosity, how come your not down at the local 'Occupy' protest in whatever hell hole you live in? Wouldn't your efforts be better served there rather than online at CC trying to convert sane and level headed folks that won't be fooled by your bullsh*t?

You read Mankiw's book 'Principles of Economics' in high school and have believed yourself to be an expert on everything on economics ever since. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ahmadinejad is no saint, but how is he any less of a lunatic than Netanyahu or George W Bush ?

Well, how about this....just for starters......

UN says secret executions widespread in Iran - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

So, Iran executes about 500 people a year.....extrapolate that back 6 years to Ahmadinejad coming to power, and you have 3,000 dead.....that is not counting the people murdered on the street by the authorities during the protests............nor does it count the dozens murdered by Iran's proxies Hezbollah and Hamas......

The figure of 3,000 dead is significantly more people than Israel has killed in the same time frame........twice as many as killed in Operation Cast Lead............and most of those were (as admitted by Hamas) legitimate military targets.

And Israel does not execute.

Oh, and I suggest you compare Amnesty International's report on the USA to the one on Iran.......

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/usa

Wow that's good to know that U.S troops are finally leaving an unjustified war that they went into under false pretenses after an inordinate amount of time. Thank you USA! :lol:
What a joke. U.S is by far the most imperialistic nation of today and that definition you posted describes the U.S quite well, how do you not know that?

Read the definition again.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Sure Cubby. Better that Gays are hung, women oppressed and any call for change is met with violence behind closed doors.

We wouldn't want that to change now would we?

Here's what happens to good people who call for change in Iran.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Well, how about this....just for starters......

UN says secret executions widespread in Iran - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

So, Iran executes about 500 people a year.....extrapolate that back 6 years to Ahmadinejad coming to power, and you have 3,000 dead.....that is not counting the people murdered on the street by the authorities during the protests............nor does it count the dozens murdered by Iran's proxies Hezbollah and Hamas......

The figure of 3,000 dead is significantly more people than Israel has killed in the same time frame........twice as many as killed in Operation Cast Lead............and most of those were (as admitted by Hamas) legitimate military targets.

And Israel does not execute.

Oh, and I suggest you compare Amnesty International's report on the USA to the one on Iran.......

USA | Amnesty International

Not convincing in the least.

The Iraq war alone contributed to more human rights violations than all of Ahmadinejad's history of presidency. That's only a tiny fraction of U.S human rights abuses. And how many Palestinians are needlessly dying because that reckless moron Netanyahu wants to indiscriminately bomb Palestinian territories?
They have no moral superiority over Ahmadinejad.

Sure Cubby. Better that Gays are hung, women oppressed and any call for change is met with violence behind closed doors.

We wouldn't want that to change now would we?

Here's what happens to good people who call for change in Iran.

It's bad for them but it could be much worse if the U.S gets involved.